Jamison Battle heading to Ohio State?

Agree but I wonder if he will be willing to be a 3rd or 4th option as he has been a volume shooter his entire career. Will be interesting to see how it goes for him at OSU. In the right role he can be very effective, but he is coming off a rough year where he was not anywhere close to the player he was the previous season.
The difference at Ohio State is that they will have the bench to sit Battle if he forces crazy shots and blows up the offensive flow.

Wait until he tries shooting with needles stuck into the arms of the voodoo doll I made in his likeness. You think he missed bad last season, I'll have him firing the ball straight into the stands while his shorts fall down.

Whatever. I'll predict without hesitation that we will be better next year than we were in either of Battle's two years.
How many more wins does that equate to... As it sits right now I can't see or justify saying more than 4B1G wins... Team might be better though ..

Nope, that'd be silly.

It's possible to put someone in a good position without interfering hurting the other players.
Well, I suppose so. Kind of like if Ben had played both Garcia and Battle at the 4 at the same time. That really wouldn't have interfered any with Garcia's game and Battle could have gotten his stats.

Well, I suppose so. Kind of like if Ben had played both Garcia and Battle at the 4 at the same time. That really wouldn't have interfered any with Garcia's game and Battle could have gotten his stats.
Yep, you're kind of stating the obvious now. You shouldn't wear two right shoes, you should wear a right and a left one.

But if you only have two right shoes and .... ???
Then one perfectly good right shoe will be misused until it has an owner who puts it on the right foot. What you should really do is get yourself a couple of left shoes so you don't have to force that right shoe on the left foot.

You're meandering around a point somewhere, this would be a lot easier if you'd just make it.

Last edited:

Then one perfectly good right shoe will be misused until it has an owner who puts it on the right foot. What you should really do is get yourself a couple of left shoes so you don't have to force that right shoe on the left foot.

Your meandering around a point somewhere, this would be a lot easier if you'd just make it.
I'm meandering around a point? Is that a joke? Rhetorical question. Yes, it is a joke coming from you who has loudly complained for two months that Battle was played out of position but can't explain where Garcia, our best player, should have been put to allow Battle the 4 position.

You're like a guy screaming that some kid wasn't used properly because coach played Tyus Jones at point.

Financial consideration take's precedence. If he was offered the kind of money mentioned then you have to lookout for yourself, no one else is going to, loyalty be damned. That is the real world, welcome to it.
He could get similar money outside the big ten. go anywhere but the big ten.
Then you're not insulting Ben and your former team.

I hope they knock him down hard every time he shoots, (because we know he's too slow to get to the hoop)

How many more wins does that equate to... As it sits right now I can't see or justify saying more than 4B1G wins... Team might be better though ..

True, it's a pretty safe bet that they will be better next year because they have nowhere to go but up. But, nobody saw a 24 win season in the year following Pitino's 8 win season either. All it took was a combination of key holdovers and four well performing additions. I'm certainly not predicting that kind of improvement but I'm not sure why so many are convinced that we can't do better than 4 total Big Ten wins next season. The team isn't even assembled yet.

True, it's a pretty safe bet that they will be better next year because they have nowhere to go but up. But, nobody saw a 24 win season in the year following Pitino's 8 win season either. All it took was a combination of key holdovers and four well performing additions. I'm certainly not predicting that kind of improvement but I'm not sure why so many are convinced that we can't do better than 4 total Big Ten wins next season. The team isn't even assembled yet.
Current expectations are a result of this coaches past results....

That team played defense too. That will be a huge factor this upcoming season.

Are you drinking all your own hootch before the revenuoors can get to it? Must be if you know how many wins without seeing the roster.

Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of the coach, a better roster can make anyone look good and we have a pretty fair shot for a better roster. It's not just a matter of individual talents. Some teams just fit better together and play better together. The coaches definitely are trying in this offseason and the players they are recruiting have been targeted to address two offensive weaknesses: outside shooting and free throw shooting.

Do you think that Pitino was just a way better coach than he normally was in that 24 win season? The team was awful the year before and very disappointing the year after.

A couple of these guys who left the gophs were not very toned for 4 years in d1 conditioning programs.

Based upon results.. I think Pitino is the better coach between the two
Regardless of what you or anyone else thinks of the coach, a better roster can make anyone look good and we have a pretty fair shot for a better roster. It's not just a matter of individual talents. Some teams just fit better together and play better together. The coaches definitely are trying in this offseason and the players they are recruiting have been targeted to address two offensive weaknesses: outside shooting and free throw shooting.

Do you think that Pitino was just a way better coach than he normally was in that 24 win season? The team was awful the year before and very disappointing the year after.

I'm meandering around a point? Is that a joke? Rhetorical question. Yes, it is a joke coming from you who has loudly complained for two months that Battle was played out of position but can't explain where Garcia, our best player, should have been put to allow Battle the 4 position.

You're like a guy screaming that some kid wasn't used properly because coach played Tyus Jones at point.
No, it wasn't a joke and congratulations, you finally made your point! That's a big step.

(A) Ben Johnson constructed his own roster. So if his pieces don't fit, that's on Ben.

(B) Now that he's in the terrible situation that he created (or couldn't avoid), figuring out minutes is easy. Then play the rest of Battle's minutes out of position at the 3.
C: Payne (28 minutes) / Garcia (12 minutes)
PF: Garcia (20 minutes) / Battle (20 minutes)

(C) I made absolutely no reference in my post - you know the one that you responded to three times before you made your point? I simply said that Battle will do well at Ohio State.

Regardless of whether you blame Ben for how Battle was used (I do and you don't), my post is still valid. He will play better when he's utilized properly. You seem to think Ben's improper use of Battle was impossible to avoid and I do not. You disagree with me, I get it, but I didn't think you'd be too dumb to realize with what you're disagreeing.

I understand why you didn't have the balls to make your point right away, it was a pretty bad one.

I'm not convinced we won't see improvement, but I have seen no reason to expect that kind of improvement.

Could it happen? Absolutely.
Do I think it'll happen? No, but the more guards we add the less surprising it would be. If I put our Big 10 win total o/u at 9, do you think anyone on this board would take the over?

No, it wasn't a joke and congratulations, you finally made your point! That's a big step.

(A) Ben Johnson constructed his own roster. So if his pieces don't fit, that's on Ben.

(B) Now that he's in the terrible situation that he created (or couldn't avoid), figuring out minutes is easy. Then play the rest of Battle's minutes out of position at the 3.
C: Payne (28 minutes) / Garcia (12 minutes)
PF: Garcia (20 minutes) / Battle (20 minutes)

(C) I made absolutely no reference in my post - you know the one that you responded to three times before you made your point? I simply said that Battle will do well at Ohio State.

Regardless of whether you blame Ben for how Battle was used (I do and you don't), my post is still valid. He will play better when he's utilized properly. You seem to think Ben's improper use of Battle was impossible to avoid and I do not. You disagree with me, I get it, but I didn't think you'd be too dumb to realize with what you're disagreeing.

I understand why you didn't have the balls to make your point right away, it was a pretty bad one.
Talk about dumb -- learn to keep your mouth shut while reading. It would do wonders for your comprehension.

For as long as you have been squealing about Johnson playing Battle out of position, I have been making a simple, direct, easy to understand point: Garcia was our best player. Garcia was best at the 4. If Battle was going to be on the floor, most of the time it was not going to be at 4.

On a team with reasonable depth, Battle and his poor attitude would have been on the bench.

Only a moron thinks a coach shapes his lineup to feature his third best player.

Talk about dumb -- learn to keep your mouth shut while reading. It would do wonders for your comprehension.

For as long as you have been squealing about Johnson playing Battle out of position, I have been making a simple, direct, easy to understand point: Garcia was our best player. Garcia was best at the 4. If Battle was going to be on the floor, most of the time it was not going to be at 4.

On a team with reasonable depth, Battle and his poor attitude would have been on the bench.

Only a moron thinks a coach shapes his lineup to feature his third best player.
LOL. Mouth shut while reading? I don't know what kind of "special" classes your poor parents had to drag you to. Also, quick note, I don't have to talk out loud while typing. I know that probably sounds like magic to a guy like you, but I can read and type without mouthing the words.

As to your second paragraph, I addressed this already. I quickly broke down minutes between our three best players at those positions. It was INCREDIBLY easy. Again, it probably seems like voodoo to you, because apparently you're the type that needs to mouth out words while typing.

I never, not even once, hinted that we should configure our lineup around Battle. This is what you do, you make a terrible point, so create a terrible argument to argue against your own terrible argument.

We disagree on one point - I think Ben is to blame for our roster construction.
As far as what Ben should have done to deal with the shitty roster he constructed, I literally broke it down in my previous post (note - Garcia is still showcased).

Now this is the part where you want to sit forward in your chair, I guess close your mouth because that helps your kind concentrate, and maybe re-read your sentence with your finger underneath so it can really sink in. On that post, I only said Battle will have a better year next year because he will be utilized properly.

Now, I believe we both agree he wasn't being used properly last year. You seemed to agree that we were essentially playing two right shoes. It's hard to tell if you agree or not because that's when you were too big of a pussy to make your actual point, but I think we moved on from there. Whether or not that improper utilization was a poor decision, poor construction, or just an unlucky hand for Ben Johnson is where we disagree. But I believe we agree he wasn't playing in his ideal position last year but it is not easy to know where you stand sometimes because you're the "special" kind of person who needs to close their mouth to type.

LOL. Mouth shut while reading? I don't know what kind of "special" classes your poor parents had to drag you to. Also, quick note, I don't have to talk out loud while typing. I know that probably sounds like magic to a guy like you, but I can read and type without mouthing the words.

As to your second paragraph, I addressed this already. I quickly broke down minutes between our three best players at those positions. It was INCREDIBLY easy. Again, it probably seems like voodoo to you, because apparently you're the type that needs to mouth out words while typing.

I never, not even once, hinted that we should configure our lineup around Battle. This is what you do, you make a terrible point, so create a terrible argument to argue against your own terrible argument.

We disagree on one point - I think Ben is to blame for our roster construction.
As far as what Ben should have done to deal with the shitty roster he constructed, I literally broke it down in my previous post (note - Garcia is still showcased).

Now this is the part where you want to sit forward in your chair, I guess close your mouth because that helps your kind concentrate, and maybe re-read your sentence with your finger underneath so it can really sink in. On that post, I only said Battle will have a better year next year because he will be utilized properly.

Now, I believe we both agree he wasn't being used properly last year. You seemed to agree that we were essentially playing two right shoes. It's hard to tell if you agree or not because that's when you were too big of a pussy to make your actual point, but I think we moved on from there. Whether or not that improper utilization was a poor decision, poor construction, or just an unlucky hand for Ben Johnson is where we disagree. But I believe we agree he wasn't playing in his ideal position last year but it is not easy to know where you stand sometimes because you're the "special" kind of person who needs to close their mouth to type.
God I love it that you are so blindingly stupid that you wrote a term paper to defend your ineptitude.

I'm not convinced we won't see improvement, but I have seen no reason to expect that kind of improvement.

Could it happen? Absolutely.
Do I think it'll happen? No, but the more guards we add the less surprising it would be. If I put our Big 10 win total o/u at 9, do you think anyone on this board would take the over?

You once accused me of not being able to read so I'll return the compliment. I said explicitly that I expected improvement but not a dramatic improvement like we saw from 2016 to 2017 and I saw no reason at this point to be convinced that next season's team couldn't win more than 4 Big Ten games. That's literally what I said and literally what I meant.

So, no, I wouldn't take the over on 9 wins either. I'd take the under but I don't know how much under because the team hasn't been assembled yet.

Last edited:

If we get the right guards off the portal there is 20 win potential.

You once accused me of not being able to read so I'll return the compliment. I said explicitly that I expected improvement but not a dramatic improvement like we saw from 2016 to 2017 and I saw no reason at this point to be convinced that next season's team couldn't win more than 4 Big Ten games. That's literally what I said and literally what I meant.

So, no, I wouldn't take the over on 9 wins either. I'd take the under but I don't know how much under because the team hasn't been assembled yet.
Hold up. Are you saying we shouldn’t predict how the 22-23 season is going to go before the roster is even finished? What kind of crazy talk is that? 😎

Top Bottom