Jameson Geers Commits to Gophers!

Just going to point out that these recruits have actually either been deserving of some of that praise or Fleck is developing them even better than he’s given credit for based on results...
It’s not specific to Fleck, he did the same thing with the staff when I had a friends login to on whatever site it was called at the time, I didn’t specify but he has always done it. Not saying he doesn’t get solid scoops on who is interested and who we are interested in, he does a great job reporting on that stuff.

What he doesn’t do a great job of is responding to any criticism/questioning, or actually breaking down the game of football. You ever read his keys to winning a game? Literally lists a fast start every time lol, like yeah but don’t we want to go more in depth?The grammatical errors drove me nuts as well.

It’s not specific to Fleck, he did the same thing with the staff when I had a friends login to on whatever site it was called at the time, I didn’t specify but he has always done it. Not saying he doesn’t get solid scoops on who is interested and who we are interested in, he does a great job reporting on that stuff.

What he doesn’t do a great job of is responding to any criticism/questioning, or actually breaking down the game of football. You ever read his keys to winning a game? Literally lists a fast start every time lol, like yeah but don’t we want to go more in depth?The grammatical errors drove me nuts as well.

What do you think of the commitment?

To say he wouldn’t be here without MSM isn’t an opinion. It is a guess or a wish.

It’s still my opinion. It’s also my opinion that you logged onto GH looking for a fight this afternoon, but it’s all good! ;)

Honestly, we just received a commitment from what appears to be a very quality player. Only on Gopher Hole can this be instantly turned into a pissing contest about who tweeted what, whether Fleck is actually responsible, whether a recruit from 2009 or whenever it was had a .00008 higher composite rating than this commit.

This kid looks like a stud and I am happy we got him!

Post of the day!!!

Your comment to Burns is priceless coming from you.... "You could have just said, "My bad, thanks for the correction" instead of being snotty about it."

Pot calling the kettle black ?‍♂️
Your comment makes literally no sense. Whenever someone corrects an error I make, I always say something to the effect of "thanks for the correction." I dare you to find something different - I'll be waiting.

I get that you like to follow me around sniffing my taint, but it would be nice if your obsessive comments at least made sense, Glenn Close.

It’s still my opinion. It’s also my opinion that you logged onto GH looking for a fight this afternoon, but it’s all good! ;)
And you can continue to form "opinions" based on nothing at all. Not looking for a fight, just calling nonsense for what it is. My opinion is that you just wanted to make a cute post to show everyone you know they went to the same high school. My opinion is that the coaching staff didn't offer him because he went to school with MSM and there is no reason to think he wouldn't be here if MSM wasn't.

Allan Kaliakmanis to Jameson Geers, a phrase I hope is repeated often!! Congrats Jameson

And you can continue to form "opinions" based on nothing at all. Not looking for a fight, just calling nonsense for what it is. My opinion is that you just wanted to make a cute post to show everyone you know they went to the same high school. My opinion is that the coaching staff didn't offer him because he went to school with MSM and there is no reason to think he wouldn't be here if MSM wasn't.

And you’re entitled to your opinion. OK? Good. Time to move on to bigger and better battles.

Congratulations Jameson!

BREAKING: 3-star Illinois TE Jameson Geers commits to Minnesota
ByRYAN BURNS

1580429497485.png

Minnesota's first Junior Day of the 2021 recruiting season has paid off with a commitment from one of the top tight ends in the Midwest in Illinois' Jameson Geers.

1580429549169.png

Jameson Geers
  • New Lenox, IL (Providence Catholic)
  • TE
  • 6-4.5
  • CLASS OF 21
247Sports Composite 0.8689
  • NATL .477
  • TE 19
  • IL 16
Geers, who was in town for an unofficial visit this weekend, chose the Gophers over early offers from Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue and a number of others.

The 6-foot-5, 225-pound tight end took recent fall visits to Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Minnesota among others.

Geers is currently rated the No. 18 Tight End in the country on 247SportsComposite, with a 3-star grading of 86.89. He's the 5th addition to-date for the Gophers class of 2021, which currently sits at No. 11 nationally in the early 247Sports Composite class rankings and No. 4 in the Big Ten.

The Illinois tight end is the highest rated tight end to commit to Minnesota (via the 247Composite) in the Internet era. Yes, higher than Maxx Williams.

Here's some of what Allen Trieu had to say about the Gophers newest commit. The full analysis story can be found here.

"Our staff has now seen Geers a couple times. First it was at last spring's Opening Regional and then Lindenwood's Mega-Camp where Minnesota and several other schools offered following his performance. Geers is a really good pass-catcher. He is extremely sure-handed and reliable. He makes catches in traffic and away from his body with his hands. He has solid length and catch radius. He has played detached some. Given his frame, I tend to think he will grow into a bigger tight end who is on the ball more in college. While he is not a blazer, he runs good routes and runs tough after the catch. He gives good effort as a blocker and he has blocked from a split position also. He will obviously get stronger but we like his willingness as a blocker.

A nice win for Minnesota beating out programs likes Iowa, Wisconsin and Northwestern in the Big Ten who had offered. Those schools have all had good success at the tight end position so those offers and evaluations hold weight. Geers brings a nice frame, solid hands, and his blocking suggests he will be an all-around tight end in college."

It's just weird how good news can turn into a bitchfest! A few years ago we would beg for player s like geers. We're getting them now. Celebrate the good and enough of the bitching. As for burns, he's a homer, but he's our homer so you take his reports w a grain of salt until he develops credibility. We won 11 games last year and burns provided some interesting insight.

I hope that we continue to develop the use of our TE's. The plays that Witham made in the Outback Bowl were huge.

Hageman never played TE. You're arguing a silly technicality that only you care about
Yes, he absolutely did play TE. See the video below for evidence. More relevant to the topic at hand, he was listed as a TE recruit, making Burns' statement false. It's not a "technicality," it's a blatantly wrong and false statement.

It's not even in the top 10!
Well Bob, can you give a post or two that might be considered number 1? A guy was trying to be positive about it and another poster supported him. I would enjoy seeing something that many of us perhaps had missed due to all the sludge that occurred on this thread.

Your comment makes literally no sense. Whenever someone corrects an error I make, I always say something to the effect of "thanks for the correction." I dare you to find something different - I'll be waiting.

I get that you like to follow me around sniffing my taint, but it would be nice if your obsessive comments at least made sense, Glenn Close.
How are you still allowed to post on this--or any other--message board? My sign-up was "pending" for like a week - I assumed that process was to weed out posters like you.

How are you still allowed to post on this--or any other--message board? My sign-up was "pending" for like a week - I assumed that process was to weed out posters like you.
Not sure what you are after. Pretty simple situation - Ryan Burns said something inaccurate, a poster here repeated that inaccurate statement, and DPO called them both out on it. If we are going to discuss a topic on this board, why not strive for accuracy? I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that wanting statements to be accurate should result in the loss of being able to post. Unless this is a "negativity police" mission?

Not sure what you are after. Pretty simple situation - Ryan Burns said something inaccurate, a poster here repeated that inaccurate statement, and DPO called them both out on it. If we are going to discuss a topic on this board, why not strive for accuracy? I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that wanting statements to be accurate should result in the loss of being able to post. Unless this is a "negativity police" mission?

I agree. Situation is simple. We just got a highly-coveted commit. We should be excited and congratulatory to this young man. Instead, we immediately go down the path of picking apart a Burns tweet and its possible inaccuracies. Who gives a bleep whether a highly-rated recruit from ten years ago played tight end or not? We got a good player. Highly-rated. Seems like that should be the focal point of the story.

Another situation is also simple. Potential posters on this board are driven away by the constant personal attacks, negativity, and just unnecessary argumentative rudeness. Stay with it possumlad! Glad you are here.

Top Bottom