Jameson Geers Commits to Gophers!

The highest rated TE to commit to Minnesota in the internet era.

Nice!

“Having camped at Lindenwood, North Central College, Iowa, Northwestern and Notre Dame, Geers saw his offer list boosted to 14 with the Wisconsin offer, going along with Illinois, Iowa, Lousiville, Minnesota, Northwestern and Virginia, among others.

“[Wisconsin TE] Coach Turner said that he hasn’t offered a tight end in a camp in three years – so I was his first tight end that he offered right after a camp in three years,” Geers told Rivals. “That meant a lot to me. I was definitely happy about that, that he couldn’t wait or he thought I had a good chance, so he just wanted to extend me an offer. That right there, it made my whole day.””

#SuckItBucky

His listed composite right now is higher than Geers - .8863 to .8689.
Yeah, I just mean that Ra’Shede’s composite probably isn’t even as high as it should be which already is higher than Geers’s as is.

I already corrected Burns on this - Hageman was more highly rated.

I'm sure Burn considered Hageman a DL and slipped his mind, I'm aware he was recruited as TE and played TE and switched positions. Can see how that was quickly forgotten

I'm sure Burn considered Hageman a DL and slipped his mind, I'm aware he was recruited as TE and played TE and switched positions. Can see how that was quickly forgotten
It's a continuation of a long pattern for Burns - do whatever you can to burnish Fleck's reputation, regardless of whether what you're saying is true or not. I probably wouldn't have even said anything and chalked it up as a mistake if it weren't the umpteenth time he's done this. He knew exactly what he was doing.

It's a continuation of a long pattern for Burns - do whatever you can to burnish Fleck's reputation, regardless of whether what you're saying is true or not. I probably wouldn't have even said anything and chalked it up as a mistake if it weren't the umpteenth time he's done this. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Someone inside the department told me that if there was a FOIA specifically targeting “consultants “ being paid by the football program the Burns love for PJ would made A LOT of $en$e

I'm not sure he deliberately did that but I do think he knows very little about X's and O's or scouting which is annoying cus he is constantly pimping anyone that commits to us like the second coming of god. You are correct, guy is looking through a maroon tinted lens to say the least.

It appears that Mama might have already climbed aboard the Gopher's bandwagon during the time her son was trying to decide between Minnesota and Wisconsin.

I'm not sure he deliberately did that but I do think he knows very little about X's and O's or scouting which is annoying cus he is constantly pimping anyone that commits to us like the second coming of god. You are correct, guy is looking through a maroon tinted lens to say the least.

Just going to point out that these recruits have actually either been deserving of some of that praise or Fleck is developing them even better than he’s given credit for based on results...

This is a great pick up! I’m pumped for how this class has started out!!

Reactions: Go4

+o4

I think a big assist goes to his former high school teammate, Mariano Sori-Morin. I doubt Geers would be here without MSM.

My own opinion. Is that OK?

Even his mom followed the program closely because of MSM. She was tweeting stuff all season.

Geers mentions MSM in this story that Burns did from about a week ago. I am sure the fact that MSM was here made him more interested in taking a look at our program and clearly he liked what he saw.

Both you and Burns can be right. Hageman never played TE in college. Highest rated that will actually play TE.
No, Burns isn't right, because your phrase ("highest rated that will actually play TE"), while accurate, isn't what he said.

Honestly, we just received a commitment from what appears to be a very quality player. Only on Gopher Hole can this be instantly turned into a pissing contest about who tweeted what, whether Fleck is actually responsible, whether a recruit from 2009 or whenever it was had a .00008 higher composite rating than this commit.

This kid looks like a stud and I am happy we got him!

Cast in his left hand? Regardless welcome and I'm sure you'll be ready to go by the time you arrive!

Both you and Burns can be right. Hageman never played TE in college. Highest rated that will actually play TE.
It's a long time between now and when he might actually play.

Top Bottom