Jack Wilson commits

The challenge was sent to everyone. Not you alone.
No place for the traditional college basketball fan? Hmm, guess my days as a casual college sports fan are over. Oh well.

If I had a business that had an advertising budget? Yes, of course I would participate with NIL $ for players. Not the case for me. NCAA needs to figure this out. Call me skeptical.

Ok, so now you're saying Wilson was a good addition because we'll never have to use him anyway. You're getting closer to something logical.

I'm arguing because we'd be better off using those X amount of minutes Wilson could potentially play and giving them to a variety of other post options. Those options aren't ideal centers, but they are closer to it than Jack Wilson.

We could have used that scholarship better elsewhere. But we do agree that it would be very good if he doesn't have to play.
It's good if you don't need to file an insurance claim. But even better that you have the insurance.

No place for the traditional college basketball fan? Hmm, guess my days as a casual college sports fan are over. Oh well.

If I had a business that had an advertising budget? Yes, of course I would participate with NIL $ for players. Not the case for me. NCAA needs to figure this out. Call me skeptical.
I expect it gets worse not better with time. Hang with us. We need every fan whether they can contribute or not.

Eker, thank you for the videos! Nothing more for me to add to this thread.

I already have, how do you think we landed Jack Wilson? 💰💰💰💰💰
I give you one job -- use your stash to bring us a player. You bring us Jack. You don't wait, you don't evaluate, you don't fill a position of dire need at PF.

Useless.

I get the theory and I think he'll play so little that it would be difficult to tell. I also think those 5 minutes, spread around our current group would be the same thing.

As to Jack Wilson not hurting you, I hope that is how it plays out but it isn't how it's played out anywhere he has ever played. He had the second worst plus/minus on the entire team in his last year at Idaho (behind a guy who played 6 minutes in 1 game) and the lowest on the entire team the previous season. During his time at Idaho, the exact opposite scenario played out to what I bolded above. The team was way worse with him on the court both seasons. I've actually seen very few people with worse stats and had a worse impact on the court than Jack Wilson (statistically).

As far as Thompson, the team was just kind of worse with him out there. He ranked between JOJ and Taurus Samuels, kind right in there with other bad players (Samuels, Henley, JOJ). All of their numbers are way better than Wilson's. To put that into perspective, Wilson's numbers are way worse than Gaston Diedhiou's. He has a negative win/share.

At the end of the day, it's probably not going to matter. Wilson is more of a waste of a scholarship (Ogele) than someone we will be watching play. For next year, the main thing that matters is getting more guards.
Getting more guards? Profundity never gets old.

Yeah, he was really bad. . . he was just way better than Jack Wilson.
No he’s not, he’s a 7 footer who was useless at the big Ten level because he didn’t have a position to play. I haven’t seen Wilson play and I’ll still take him for the end of the bench before I would take TT. We will never agree on this. I watched several games when TT was at his prep school. I would have pulled his offer if I could have.

No he’s not, he’s a 7 footer who was useless at the big Ten level because he didn’t have a position to play. I haven’t seen Wilson play and I’ll still take him for the end of the bench before I would take TT. We will never agree on this. I watched several games when TT was at his prep school. I would have pulled his offer if I could have.
You're missing my point. I agree, TT isn't a very good player. I don't need to be convinced he wasn't a fit here and wouldn't help our program. I'm convinced, that part we're on the same page.

However, unfortunately for us, he is also way better than Jack Wilson. Their stats are not even close. Take every single thing you know about TT and then think of someone who (so far in their career) has been considerably worse in every single category.

TT is in an efficient scorer, Wilson was worse.
TT isn't a good rebounder, Wilson was worse.
TT wasn't a great interior defensive player, Wilson was worse.
TT didn't help us win games, Wilson has one of the worst BPM and winshare I've ever seen.

He accomplished all of that against worse competition.

The more you say Thompson sucks, the more you're proving my point. Yes, he sucks but so far in their careers he has been way better than Wilson.

The Gophers need some muscle inside and hope Wilson can provide that. TT is a 7’ perimeter player, not someone effective inside. I’ll take he muscle for this team. 10-15 minutes per game, 4 pts, 4 rebounds, 5 fouls.

The Gophers need some muscle inside and hope Wilson can provide that. TT is a 7’ perimeter player, not someone effective inside. I’ll take he muscle for this team. 10-15 minutes per game, 4 pts, 4 rebounds, 5 fouls.
Lets assume he gets 10 minutes per game (no way, but let's assume) ...what good does 5 fouls in 10 munutes do us?

Lets assume he gets 10 minutes per game (no way, but let's assume) ...what good does 5 fouls in 10 munutes do us?
If it was Johnsons first year at the helm, okay whatever. That he's going into year 3 with the record he has amassed here, beyond head scratcher signing.

Yes. This "give 5 fouls" is illogical. He's not going to come in and start just hacking guys intentionally. He will only "give 5 fouls" if he's playing a lot because Payne is hurt or in foul trouble.

Avoids one or two fouls on Payne while he gets needed rest and stops a few guys driving to the lane for lay ups. Erases a couple more lay ups when guys just decide not to go there.

Top Bottom