It's official, March Madness is cancelled

Your mistake here is in thinking a presentation of fact, reason, and common sense will have any effect on a Trump supporter.

They've shown zero respect for any of the above for 4 years now, a worldwide pandemic certainly isnt going to make a lightbulb suddenly go off in their pea brains.

I mean, noted health expert Sean Hannity has told them it's the media's fault.
Yeah but the good thing is, true Trump supports, like you describe here, were only somewhere between I'll estimate 20-35% of his support.

The rest of his <50% of the vote came from people who were worried about their jobs, hoodwinked about getting rid of "the establishment" because that would do "something", etc.

Those voters will turn on Trump in a second.

You have no idea what the actual death rate is in Italy. There may be ten times the number of cases there than have been reported. The average age of those dying there is 81 years old. They have an old population that smokes. The rate among old people who get it is going to be high.

Yeah but the good thing is, true Trump supports, like you describe here, were only somewhere between I'll estimate 20-35% of his support.

The rest of his <50% of the vote came from people who were worried about their jobs, hoodwinked about getting rid of "the establishment" because that would do "something", etc.

Those voters will turn on Trump in a second.
And you would have the nation go through anything to see that happen. TDS is an ugly disease.

Also, China didn't have old, high-smoking population? South Korea didn't? Wrong yet again. Italy death rate exceeds both.

Ha! My friends and I have been talking about running our pool based on a simulated bracket...

Just flipped on kfan and PA and Charch were saying they believe May Madness is still a possibility. Too much money involved with ncaa, vegas, etc. I then shut kfan off as the most overrated Viking's player in Viking's history was about to come on - of course that is Chad Greenway. PA thinks he is an all timer and makes sure everyone knows he is an all timer.

Ha! My friends and I have been talking about running our pool based on a simulated bracket...
No matter simulated or not Anthony Grant is going to be high on their list of coaches ADs want to interview if they're looking for a new coach.

I'm sure you thought Obama was doing a masterful job when we were losing 1,000 Americans a month to H1N1. Yet 39 deaths in 2 1/2 months under Trump and it's armageddon. Who has the pea brain?
The Chinese knew/know more about the virus than we do and they took stronger measures than we have. Certainly our media did not convince them to overreact, yet they did damage to their own economy. Of course the flu kills more, because it is given a chance to spread throughout the entire population, but that is a known quantity. If a new more deadly version of the flu comes around we will take action. The shutdowns occurring now are based on the potential of this virus to cause large numbers of deaths, not the 39 deaths that have already occurred.

Just flipped on kfan and PA and Charch were saying they believe May Madness is still a possibility. Too much money involved with ncaa, vegas, etc. I then shut kfan off as the most overrated Viking's player in Viking's history was about to come on - of course that is Chad Greenway. PA thinks he is an all timer and makes sure everyone knows he is an all timer.
I don't see it. Way too many logistical issues. Some players will have moved on. They would need a couple weeks of practice, etc. etc. Having to re-book venues. Not happening.

I don't see it. Way too many logistical issues. Some players will have moved on. They would need a couple weeks of practice, etc. etc. Having to re-book venues. Not happening.

I suppose, but Chad Greenway is still overrated.

The Chinese knew/know more about the virus than we do and they took stronger measures than we have. Certainly our media did not convince them to overreact, yet they did damage to their own economy. Of course the flu kills more, because it is given a chance to spread throughout the entire population, but that is a known quantity. If a new more deadly version of the flu comes around we will take action. The shutdowns occurring now are based on the potential of this virus to cause large numbers of deaths, not the 39 deaths that have already occurred.

When did Sean Hannity become a Gopher fan, LOL? Why bother?

I suppose, but Chad Greenway is still overrated.
Lol probably by PA for sure but greenway was really solid for like 8 seasons and had a better run than most who have played in that league hate to admit that about a hawkeye

Shut up. You keep repeating yourself, Ann Coulter. Did you ever stop and think that maybe our response and handling of infectious diseases may have evolved after 10 years? Maybe they learned something from previous experiences? It's not all about your imaginary agenda, Tucker.
Thank you for your 2 cents worth Rachel Maddow.

Has this gotten posted anywhere: I see where the NCAA considered a 16-team abbreviated tournament of all at-large teams, played over 5 straight days in Atlanta. With no spectators, of course.

Did we miss this?

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/ncaa-spring-athletes-will-keep-year-of-eligibility/

"
NCAA: Spring athletes will keep year of eligibility
Student-athletes who participate in spring sports will not lose a year of eligibility due to the coronavirus pandemic, the NCAA announced Friday.

A day after spring season championships were canceled and nearly all the spring sports were eliminated, this was one way to make up for the lost season for baseball, softball, lacrosse and track and field athletes, among others.

“Council leadership agreed that eligibility relief is appropriate for all Division I student-athletes who participated in spring sports,” the NCAA said in a statement. “Details of eligibility relief will be finalized at a later time. Additional issues with NCAA rules must be addressed, and appropriate governance bodies will work through those in the coming days and weeks.”

"

Easy at the athlete level, you just extend their clock a year. They still only get four seasons of participation.

Don't see how you do it at the school level. Do you just say those athletes don't count against the headcounts and equivalency counts??

Has this gotten posted anywhere: I see where the NCAA considered a 16-team abbreviated tournament of all at-large teams, played over 5 straight days in Atlanta. With no spectators, of course.
Never gonna happen.

Top Bottom