It’s Time for Coyle to hit F#€k it!

Right. I agree. The difference though is we need 5 of these guys to offset the mid major guys that aren't big ten calibur.
We need two really good ones and a couple of depth players who are good teammates. A good PG and a good shooter and a defensive center who can play 10-15 minutes

Well, given that we finished only 6-4 in the non conference season, I'd say that the schedule wasn't that bad as far as nonconference schedules go.

You really are a miserable wretch. Why don't you wait until the schedule is revealed before complaining about it?
What kind of logic is that? Our non conference SOS was 303rd this year, that's pathetic for a B1G team. The fact we could barely beat those terrible teams didn't mean it was good. Most teams in our conference are in the 50s and up for non conference SOS. Get a clue

It's real. The facts are in. The University regents just voted to follow the University of Chicago out the door of the B1G. There is no hope for college athletics at UMN. All hope is lost.
Link to a real news story or go back to Wisconsin.

What kind of logic is that? Our non conference SOS was 303rd this year, that's pathetic for a B1G team. The fact we could barely beat those terrible teams didn't mean it was good. Most teams in our conference are in the 50s and up for non conference SOS. Get a clue
Pretty sure they're already committed to a tournament with a bunch of P5 teams next year.

I agree with that but I still think Johnson deserves a 3rd year just to make his tenure comparable with other failed coaches and it doesn't look like he's going to be fired this season anyway (likely would have been done by now). If we don't see at least a .500 or better season next year, I would want him to be fired and would be irritated if he wasn't.

I just don't see the point of so many people continuing to argue that he should be fired now when that appears to be very unlikely. There is no argument about the results. They speak for themselves. The evidence so far indicates that he is unlikely to be a long-term solution but he deserves at least one more season to show that he could be.
The biggest problem with your argument is the transfer portal. Players have more control.

Ben has used it to amass 4 whole B1G Conference wins, a .346 win percentage, and this year, an almost .500 non-conference win percentage. He is 0 for 2 in building a competitive B1G Conference team and had the worst two seasons in school history: they are his only seasons at the school.

If you give Ben another year, your most Pollyanna perspective is that he has a 66% chance that he will repeat the previous two years. If you flip it then, you are saying there is a 33% chance he will clear the incredibly low bar that he has set.

It's time to prove that something was learned from the Pitino fiasco and cut the line now. Dragging this out will only compound the damage to the basketball programs, MBB & WBB.

We need two really good ones and a couple of depth players who are good teammates. A good PG and a good shooter and a defensive center who can play 10-15 minutes

Not asking for much are we ?

Should be no problem for coachs
Now we just need the money !!

I finally realized what this thread title reminds me of.

Top Bottom