Is Williams okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston.gopher

Reaction score
Late in the 1st half it seemed like Rodney Williams may have rolled his ankle. On the ESPN3 stream they didn't say much outside of "it looks like Williams is limping" or something like that. I never saw him in the 2nd half and due to the game being on my computer, couldn't see if he was on the bench. Anyone know anything more about how he was doing? I'd hate to lose him to a high ankle sprain that could linger a while especially when we may be getting Joseph back soon and it would be nice to have our full team playing together before the Big 10 season starts.

He's having an MRI Friday per Myron Tweet. That doesn't sound too good.

there's a month for him to rest while Devoe gets PT and back to form.

Spencer said on the post-game show...

it's a minor deal. They're just being cautious. He was in a boot during the second half, but that's normal procedure and they really didn't need him. Spencer said ice and therapy over the weekend, and he'll be ready to go Monday.

Spencer said he was put in a boot for precautionary measures but that they think he is fine.

it's a minor deal. They're just being cautious. He was in a boot during the second half, but that's normal procedure and they really didn't need him. Spencer said ice and therapy over the weekend, and he'll be ready to go Monday.

That's a relief. Hopefully Spencer is right.

Spencer said he was put in a boot for precautionary measures but that they think he is fine.

I hope he's right. Boot + MRI + 'think he's fine' don't usually go together.

How will we possibly find anyone to pick up the slack if Williams misses much time? We will miss the 4 points and 3 rebounds in 20 minutes.

How will we possibly find anyone to pick up the slack if Williams misses much time? We will miss the 4 points and 3 rebounds in 20 minutes.

lol, I agree. Rodney is more streetball than legit DI college player.
Once Devoe comes back, no one will miss Rodney. Yeah, sweet dunks are nice, but they don't win championships.

Why hate on our own players? He was averaging 7.6 points before this game and is our only real small forward on the entire roster. We especially need him in games against other teams who have athletic wings (didn't do too bad against Harrison Barnes). Besides all that, it's early in his sophomore year and he hasn't even begun to scratch the surface of his potential. How is he going to develop if he's sitting on the bench? For the present and for the future we need him on the floor.

Lets do the math...

I hope he's right. Boot + MRI + 'think he's fine' don't usually go together.
I hope so too. But these days: potential 8th pick in 1st round of the draft + possible injury = boot + MRI.

i too would hate having a 6'7" dude with disgusting reach and insane hops on the floor...who wants a shot blocker/very athletic defender?

i too would hate having a 6'7" dude with disgusting reach and insane hops on the floor...who wants a shot blocker/very athletic defender?

You just described every Top 150 recruit in the country....plus like 85 10th graders.

Why hate on our own players? He was averaging 7.6 points before this game and is our only real small forward on the entire roster. We especially need him in games against other teams who have athletic wings (didn't do too bad against Harrison Barnes). Besides all that, it's early in his sophomore year and he hasn't even begun to scratch the surface of his potential. How is he going to develop if he's sitting on the bench? For the present and for the future we need him on the floor.

Yep...what he said.

NewNoise...go back to the Wisky board. This board is for GOPHER supporters, not troll bags like you.

Newnoise...go back to the Wisky board, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag. This board is for GOPHER supporters, not troll bags like you.

lol, I have said many times that the gophers have a very talented team this year....but I make one comment about Rodney Williams and now I'm the Adolph Hitler of gophers basketball.
Are you Rodney's cousin or something?

but seriously, why joke about it being good to have him injured? did you not notice that whoever he guards usually has a bad night? that when he dunks the team goes on runs, that he is coming along as a rebounder and playmaker? the more playing time he gets the better for him and us.

I don't think Rodney is NBA-bound in any way, shape, or form, but to compare him to 10 graders is ridiculous. For the record, I expected more from Rodney at this point of his development, though.

but seriously, why joke about it being good to have him injured? did you not notice that whoever he guards usually has a bad night? that when he dunks the team goes on runs, that he is coming along as a rebounder and playmaker? the more playing time he gets the better for him and us.

hmmm.....so you do realize he's only scored in double digits once this year right? And he has more turnovers than assists right? and his outrageous reach has resulted in 3 blocks right? 2 of which were tonight, against NDSU.

Players are worthless if they aren't at their full potential from day 1, right? Maybe we should have just cut Damian Johnson his freshman season. He was just wasting our time. Wasn't worth the patience to see how he would develop with all the potential he had.

I hope so too. But these days: potential 8th pick in 1st round of the draft + possible injury = boot + MRI.

I'm not saying it is a positive but you don't have to read too much in to the boot. A boot isn't uncommon these days. If nothing else it is a lot more convenient for him and the trainers/teammates. Rodney can walk around with a boot on without putting any pressure on the joint. That way nobody else needs to help him get around and risk of further injury is eliminated.

Players are worthless if they aren't at their full potential from day 1, right? Maybe we should have just cut Damian Johnson his freshman season. He was just wasting our time. Wasn't worth the patience to see how he would develop with all the potential he had.

Ah, I'm guessing you have no idea about DJ's stas from Sophmore year to Senior year....because they stayed EXACTLY the same with no improvement. Unless of course, you consider 1 PPG an improvement and .4 BBG and improvement.

yea, leave new noise. LEAVE. whos with me?

Wow, I guess facts and the truth are not welcome on this board. I apologize.
I will try to live in dreamland more often from now on.
Rodney Williams will be an NBA star someday. He will dunk all day against NBA competition.

the truth? like when damian johnson didnt imrove at all?! hahahaha. seriously you don't even know what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom