Is Ra'Shede Hageman really playing poorly

Did Rashede have 2 pass break ups or 3 to go along with his interception, that would be 6 on the season if that is the case and nfl scouts like it when you can get you're hands up as a d lineman and disrupt the passing lanes

Um, yes.

Even the draft heads at ESPN think he will be.

Thinking he will be and saying he cemented that status are two very different things. I think he will be a first round pick and have for a long time, but it's not a 100% guarantee. Gotta keep playing well.

Thinking he will be and saying he cemented that status are two very different things. I think he will be a first round pick and have for a long time, but it's not a 100% guarantee. Gotta keep playing well.

Fair enough. He did fill out that highlight reel today though :D

He has a great shot of being a first round pick, but there is a lot of season left, meaning a chance for injury which could derail things. But on projection (which NFL scouts drool over) alone, he's probably a first-round guy. You don't see many 315 pound guys who can drop into coverage the way he does. If he had a more explosive first step, he'd be in the first half of the first round.

If Hagman is still in the discussion to be a first rounder by the end of the season, I think he will end up being one. With his measurables, I just think he will dominate at the combine.

First or second rounder, I think Hageman will have an impact at the next level.

He has a great shot of being a first round pick, but there is a lot of season left, meaning a chance for injury which could derail things. But on projection (which NFL scouts drool over) alone, he's probably a first-round guy. You don't see many 315 pound guys who can drop into coverage the way he does. If he had a more explosive first step, he'd be in the first half of the first round.

One thing that we all myself included forget is they (NFL) really put a lot of stock in the combine performance.

Um, yes.

Even the draft heads at ESPN think he will be.
Not at all what they said. As others have said, there's a HUGE difference between being in the 1st round conversation and cementing your status based on one game.

Did Rashede have 2 pass break ups or 3 to go along with his interception, that would be 6 on the season if that is the case and nfl scouts like it when you can get you're hands up as a d lineman and disrupt the passing lanes

He was a game changer today. He shut down several Wildcat drives. Hageman showed why he is a first round projection. Defensive Tackle isn't usually the position you look to in order to float a team. Without him.....we'd have no chance. Great game!!!

Another play I just thought about. It was a play near the sideline (WR screen?) and Hageman tackled the receiver 10 yards down field. Not bad for a DT.

Hageman was the difference in this game. You don't normally see a DT making that big of an impact. Looks like a few posters need to eat crow.

What's that now exactly? when did I mention coaching? Are you watching the game? Say something instead of being a smartypants.

Its why he starts, plays, and has a big impact that is immeasurable. He is the best player on the Minnesota team. I don't think he is ever lackadaisical or gives up. Superior athletes are superior without having "look it".

I was talking about the dozens of coaches and ex-coaches throughout the nation that think he is one of the best DL in the B1G. I was talking of the hundreds of posters who know...nothing. I used your quotes simply as an example.

Four. And a pick.

The play I thought of first that showed his dominance in this game didn't even end up on his stat sheet. The Manuel sack in the first quarter was a play that Shede absolutely rolled his guy. Watch the highlight. Plays like these are going to put Hageman in the first round. Even though he didn't get a sack, this will help put him in the first round. Athletic freak. Wow.

Its why he starts, plays, and has a big impact that is immeasurable. He is the best player on the Minnesota team. I don't think he is ever lackadaisical or gives up. Superior athletes are superior without having "look it".

I was talking about the dozens of coaches and ex-coaches throughout the nation that think he is one of the best DL in the B1G. I was talking of the hundreds of posters who know...nothing. I used your quotes simply as an example.

Precisely. I'm not the wizard of football, but I know enough to look beyond the stat sheet to determine whether a guy is making an impact.

Mel Kiper;s Big Board

21Ra'Shede HagemanAGE: 23DOB: 8/8/90HT: 6-6WT: 311POS: DT
Tkl 27Sack 2.0Int 1
Supremely athletic, he's starting to figure out how to play the position better and now has to be considered a likelier bet to go in Round 1. I saw him as something of a project -- he came to Minnesota as a tight end -- but is doing a better job using his hands and getting off blocks so he can free up his legs and make plays.

PREVIOUS RANK: NR | PLAYER CARD

considering he hasn't shown up in the top 10 on the BTN draft board, as a first round pick I guess that means either BTN has been short selling him, or a full 1/3 of the NFL first round will be B1G players. :D

considering he hasn't shown up in the top 10 on the BTN draft board, as a first round pick I guess that means either BTN has been short selling him, or a full 1/3 of the NFL first round will be B1G players. :D

Or Mel is wrong.

Mel Kiper;s Big Board

Tkl 27Sack 2.0Int 1
Supremely athletic, he's starting to figure out how to play the position better and now has to be considered a likelier bet to go in Round 1. I saw him as something of a project -- he came to Minnesota as a tight end -- but is doing a better job using his hands and getting off blocks so he can free up his legs and make plays.

I totally was using a Kiper voice in my head when I was reading that..and was subconsciously squinting my eyes the whole time.

Mel Kiper;s Big Board

Tkl 27Sack 2.0Int 1

Rob Rang over at NFL Draft Scout on the CBS Sports website has Hageman ranked #28 overall and both he and Dane Brugler have him going in the first round in their mock drafts: to New Orleans at #29 and New England at #26 respectively. A lot will depend on what underclassmen declare and how Hageman does at the combine. Given his previous measureables, my guess is expectations will be very high at the combine, which may set the bar unreasonably high for him. But if he goes in performs well at the combine, my guess is he'll end up in the second half of the first round.

Top Bottom