Iowa over Michigan

I advise not doing that, but hey, gambling is all about taking a shot. I foresee something like Michigan 30 - Iowa 17. I don't see how Iowa slows Michigan's running game. I don't see how Iowa scores more than 2 TD's without being supremely lucky on D or ST. I know Iowa has had a horseshow up their rear ends all year in those areas, but Mich is a fairly disciplined team that will play it sraight up, not take a ton of chances, and just try to bully you.
easily could be a 24-10 game with a late Michigan TD. so agree that spread is not one I'd want to touch

I may be in the minority, but I want Iowa to win against Michigan. I like Iowa's football team more than Michigan's and I like Ferentz more than Harbaugh. Discuss
I don't know if yours is a minority opinion, but I agree for two different reasons: 1. We played Iowa well so them winning would make the Gophers look better and 2. Iowa represents the BiG West of which we are a member.

Not all at. When the Ohio State University was here their fans were great. I have no ill will against them. The Walmart Wolverines are complete asses.
I found it just the opposite. ohio is the armpit of America but the fans think they are all everything.

I’m pulling for the West division. The East is loaded with schools that turn a blind eye to sexual assault (Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State).

Go Hawks! And I hope we kick your ass next season.
When was Michigan's scandal. Ohio State had the wrestling sexual assault scandal with Jime Jordan turning a blind eye.

I don't even know if the PAC-12 even has athletics anymore ... I don't think they do.
They win more championships by athletes than any other conference and by a wide margin. As for tonight, i despise IOWA but the west division needs this badly as the west is very weak against the best of the east.

Iowa chokes in the red zone and misses a chip shot FG. Michigan scores on a 60 yard TD run.

Given iowa's putrid offense, this game may have already been decided.

Michigan only has 4 first downs right now.

Michigan punt returner fair catches the ball on the 3-yard line. Dunce. LOL

Game would feel a lot different if Iowa scores on their little trick play where the running back stumbled. They got zero that drive.

Right now, it sure looks like the Gophers were the best team in the West. I think they'd have lost to Michigan, but would be playing in a BCS (or whatever it's called now) bowl if they had won the 3 games this year they had no business losing.

Right now, it sure looks like the Gophers were the best team in the West. I think they'd have lost to Michigan, but would be playing in a BCS (or whatever it's called now) bowl if they had won the 3 games this year they had no business losing.
They’d also have been ranked in the Top 5 going into today under that scenario (possibly as high as #2). But that’s an awfully big “if” above.

This is definitely the best “should have been” Gopher team in decades. Which, I suppose, is progress. But they had 3 horrible underachieving games.

Probably the most balanced team in the West. Defense got better and better as the year progressed. Offense was potent enough when the shackles were off. Think Purdue could make a case. Iowa and Wisconsin just have too many issues at QB.

Really difficult to say which team was the best in the West with the Gophers, Hawkeyes, Badgers, and Boilermakers all beating one another. Transitive property.....and Big Ten tiebreaker rules give the nod to the Gophers. I have zero doubt that the Gophers would have given Michigan a game. Iowa was a dead fish. One that the Gophers should not have lost to.

Let’s not forget the people that had Iowa at #2 are going to try and broker/shame a committee of athletic directors (!) into rubber stamping a very flawed top 4 CFP with limited data points tomorrow…

Bated breath.

I may be in the minority, but I want Iowa to win against Michigan. I like Iowa's football team more than Michigan's and I like Ferentz more than Harbaugh. Discuss
Would you like to do one of the following -
Delete this post?
Start a new account under a different name?
Change your opinion?

I’ll hang up and listen

I was vindicated. I was proven correct.

Didn't matter if it was Michigan or Ohio State, the point stood and was correct:

let Iowa take the curb stomping. Why did we need that?? What would that have proven??

Nope.

They got an extra loss, while we got the Axe. We got the better deal.

You're welcome

Would you like to do one of the following -
Delete this post?
Start a new account under a different name?
Change your opinion?

I’ll hang up and listen
Nope. I understand wanting Michigan to win, but I would have preferred Iowa for the reasons given.
No.
No.
No.
As it turns out, we got hosed on a bowl so it wouldn't have mattered.
I enjoy your posts!

When was Michigan's scandal.
I just watched HBO’s Real Sports story on the Michigan scandal. Over a thousand athletes abused over a couple decades. Some allege Schembechler knew and ignored it. Hard to say which is more disgusting - Penn State, Michigan or Michigan State.

Nope. I understand wanting Michigan to win, but I would have preferred Iowa for the reasons given.
No.
No.
No.
As it turns out, we got hosed on a bowl so it wouldn't have mattered.
I enjoy your posts!
Thanks for your reply and look forward to more bantering.

Looking forward to better games ahead!

Let’s not forget the people that had Iowa at #2 are going to try and broker/shame a committee of athletic directors (!) into rubber stamping a very flawed top 4 CFP with limited data points tomorrow…

Bated breath.
Big fan of the 12 team playoff. Joel Klatt is the man.

Big fan of the 12 team playoff. Joel Klatt is the man.
They should choose an objective formula calculation.

go 12.
Auto bids for any outright conference champion in the top 20 of the pre determined formula.
remaining bids to teams in the order they finish in the formula until you have 12.

the way you expand the playoff without losing the regular season is by having conference championships be extremely important

With 6 at large births it is becoming the college basketball regular season for the major conferences. Okay but not must see

Top Bottom