Iowa over Michigan

Never. As in, ever. Even if it means "lesser" bowl placement or whatever. Just....no.

Well, Harbaugh and Co. certainly won some respect for taking out the Bucknuts and that $$$ contribution the staff made was admirable. And then, well its still IA, and who hates IA?

B1G in CFP is a plus. If Michigan does not get in the B1G ends up not getting in. So I will cheer for Michigan as their OL and DL will keep them in most games. I actually think they have a chance to win it all if they don't lay an egg against Iowa. Of course just beating your rival tends to lead into a let down game. We will see.

Michigan winning does not hurt us as much as Iowa winning. Iowa is a direct competitor of ours in the West. In a few years we will see Michigan and OSU as our B1G competitors, but right now we just need to get at or above WI, IA, PSU and MSU.

I hope Michigan loses every game they play from now until eternity. I will plead the 5th however.

This game could be tighter than many think. If Michigan gets in the CFP, it will be Georgia posting a huge whoop ass on them.

I may be in the minority, but I want Iowa to win against Michigan. I like Iowa's football team more than Michigan's and I like Ferentz more than Harbaugh. Discuss
Go back to Iowa...
The B1G needs Michigan to win and after they beat the f%ckeyes (ohio) they deserve to win against the f%ckeyes (iowa) west. Go Blue!

I hope Michigan loses every game they play from now until eternity. I will plead the 5th however.

This game could be tighter than many think. If Michigan gets in the CFP, it will be Georgia posting a huge whoop ass on them.
There are tons of various scenarios but I think the only way Georgia plays Michigan in the playoffs is if Alabama beats Georgia (in a close game).

In that scenario:
(1) Alabama
(2) Michigan
(3) Georgia
(4) Cinci, OK State, or Notre Dame (depending upon who wins).

If Georgia beats Alabama on Saturday, Michigan likely gets Cinci. If Michigan wins, I think they are pretty locked in at #2.

I'm thinking of taking the Hawks +11. I don't like them to win outright but think that's a good spread for what could be a run-heavy rockfight.

I'm thinking of taking the Hawks +11. I don't like them to win outright but think that's a good spread for what could be a run-heavy rockfight.
you very well may be right, but I have to imagine Michigan is going to find a way to score at least 21 and I don't know if I can find a way for Iowa to score twice barring Michigan turning the ball over

I'm no Michigan fan but this is one time will I will gladly be rooting for the Wolverines to come out on top. Them getting in the CFP is good for the conference, plus it potentially moves everyone else up one spot in the bowl pecking order....and of course it means Iowa loses.....so good for everyone all around. :)

I don't buy the argument that the B1G needs a team in the CFP playoff every year. Whether Michigan makes it or not this year has zero impact on the long-term success of the league. However, the West is 0-7 in the CCG and usually gets smoked. I think Iowa winning does a lot more for the West than Michigan winning does for the B1G.

I may be in the minority, but I want Iowa to win against Michigan. I like Iowa's football team more than Michigan's and I like Ferentz more than Harbaugh. Discuss
For many reasons, NO. Who hates Iowa?

I don't buy the argument that the B1G needs a team in the CFP playoff every year. Whether Michigan makes it or not this year has zero impact on the long-term success of the league. However, the West is 0-7 in the CCG and usually gets smoked. I think Iowa winning does a lot more for the West than Michigan winning does for the B1G.
I don't even know if the PAC-12 even has athletics anymore ... I don't think they do.

I'm afraid that if Iowa wins, I'll have 9 months of lamenting that it should have been the Gophers that won the Big 10.

Go Blue. I will never want Iowa or Wisconsin to win the B1G Championship Game, and that applies to the basketball and hockey tournaments, too. I'd probably root against the Huskers too in the title game for football, although I don't see them making it anytime soon.

If Purdue, Northwestern or Illinois made it to the B1G CG, I would be fine with them winning.

Also, I find myself wanting Michigan to win more often these days. They have the connection of the Jug with Minnesota, but don't play the Gophers enough for it to be as intense as the other rivalries.

Michigan has the most obnoxious and arrogant fans and Iowa is well, Iowa. Someone has to win but I will be watching the Wild game vs. the Leafs.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Michigan wins they can argue they beat the “champions of the west”.

Top Bottom