interesting, but not interesting and unnecessary to DpoDoll68

Swearing just makes a person look small and illiterate.

Assuming you aren't a troll (and I suspect you may be) I can't imagine what you would think if you saw what college football players are really like. Most swear like drunken sailors, make the most off-color comments you can imagine, and a significant number smoke weed like chimneys.
[/QUOTE]

I figured all that out in grade 9. The team was my love, not the individuals who made up the team. They may or may not be swell fellows. But, swearing in public is far different than swearing in private. You know, basic Row the Boat stuff. Put your best foot forward, not your potty mouth.

I rarely go on another board whether it be Iowa, Wisconsin or where ever. I go over there to check the mood etc., but do not post. When I'm over there I don't see petty comments etc., over there. You guys do? Or is it due to the fact that we have more trolls over here as they have nothing else to do in their states?

Assuming you aren't a troll (and I suspect you may be) I can't imagine what you would think if you saw what college football players are really like. Most swear like drunken sailors, make the most off-color comments you can imagine, and a significant number smoke weed like chimneys.

I figured all that out in grade 9. The team was my love, not the individuals who made up the team. They may or may not be swell fellows. But, swearing in public is far different than swearing in private. You know, basic Row the Boat stuff. Put your best foot forward, not your potty mouth.
[/QUOTE]

This really seals the fact that Veritas is a bit. Overkill on the Simpsons' grandpa voice and vocabulary. Dude has been playing us since December 1.

The Billds are RISK players ourselves...but only get a game once in a blue moon...

Flashback to the 80’s for me - great game! Many, many hours. Kamchatka was always a point of contention in the East Asia pushes IIRC...

Those of us that grew up in the 70s and 80s had all the gamer classics, and then I recall my best friend and I grew into messing around with the early MS-DOS PCs and all the early games like Castle Wolfenstein (remember Elephant and Verbatim floppies)...to an adolescent messing around on early PCs in that era and learning basic coding it felt like the world was our oyster...and it was, really. Other than worrying about global thermonuclear war.

Flashback to the 80’s for me - great game! Many, many hours. Kamchatka was always a point of contention in the East Asia pushes IIRC...
Late 70s and 80s were the prime playing years for us. When I retire here in a few years my goal is to start a weekly RISK club with the other geezers.

Anywho, a few years back managed to find a basically mint game manufactured in the late 50s...wooden pieces of course...the cards box was still in the original unopened cellophane wrapper. Instructions present too. Cost $8 in a thrift shop. Our tradition is to roll in the box so had to gorilla-tape the box corners for the wear and tear, but otherwise a beauty.

Because you really need 4 or more players to have a real game, I always chose to be looking down from the north. No one minded that request.

Blue is my color for armies. Mrs. Billd fancies yellow. Hundreds of hours and trillions of brain cells over the years... Good times.

This really seals the fact that Veritas is a bit. Overkill on the Simpsons' grandpa voice and vocabulary. Dude has been playing us since December 1.
[/QUOTE]

I think you are correct.

Late 70s and 80s were the prime playing years for us. When I retire here in a few years my goal is to start a weekly RISK club with the other geezers.

Anywho, a few years back managed to find a basically mint game manufactured in the late 50s...wooden pieces of course...the cards box was still in the original unopened cellophane wrapper. Instructions present too. Cost $8 in a thrift shop. Our tradition is to roll in the box so had to gorilla-tape the box corners for the wear and tear, but otherwise a beauty.

Because you really need 4 or more players to have a real game, I always chose to be looking down from the north. No one minded that request.

Blue is my color for armies. Mrs. Billd fancies yellow. Hundreds of hours and trillions of brain cells over the years... Good times.
I always like getting Australia and pushing up from Siam.

Holding Kamchatka or Australia can either doom you or make you supreme. Risk reigns supreme.

South America is always a good early get but usually does not hold. North America is tough to secure but only 3 ways in...one being Kamchatka of course.

We distribute the cards for selecting countries...then have even distribution of armies (for a long game) or uneven distribution (for a shorter one). If we want a quick game then it's selecting countries with uneven distribution of armies...with the luck going to the first two players to select...usually Australia and South America.

this Oklahoma kid isn’t even 16 yet and he’s already tagging @GopherFootball in his workout posts. I think the hype for our program is really building fast.

If his knees keep bending in like that then he's going to spend more time injured than active.

I remember playing RISK as a kid in the early to mid 80's (not 1880's). Then I sort of got away from it and then refound it on a computer game years later. But all I did was push mouse buttons. No fun at all. Now I need to find someone to play the actual board game. Miss the banter. Of course with all the new technology maybe there is a virtual reality game. That would be fun.

Wow - take a few days off a little football talk and it's amazing what you miss.

Top Bottom