Illinois game may not be played

Hopefully the Big 10 would revisit the forfeit rules as the the Big East did. Omicron has demonstrated that things change. Other than improve the Gophers seeding in the Big 10 Tourney, I don't see how such a victory would help them in any way.
I have no idea how this would be dealt with from the standpoint of NCAA tournament resume, but my inclination would be to ignore it, at least from the standpoint of RPI and NET rankings. Counts in the record books but not in terms of postseason eligibility or rating.

So trolling...got it....not going down this route with you again. You need to find some new material.
Sharing evidence from you that wins matter each and ever season, this one included. Priceless.
Nothing trolling about it.

It might help with standings but it won't help with tourney bid. The only advantage of not playing is that it softens the schedule a bit. An unplayed game won't help in selection process. I would not consider a forfeit stealing a game on our list.
I just want them to play because the main reason I'm a Gopher sports fan is that I like watching Gopher sports. I'm sure the players all want to play and I'm sure Ben would like to play.

Could we lose by a bunch? Sure. It's actually a probable scenario.
Could we win? Sure.

For what's it worth, saw it reported only 3 Illinois players are positive along with 1 coach. So if that holds, I suppose there's a chance the game might be played.

But, ya' know, that whole "abundance of caution" thing. ...

For what's it worth, saw it reported only 3 Illinois players are positive along with 1 coach. So if that holds, I suppose there's a chance the game might be played.

But, ya' know, that whole "abundance of caution" thing. ...
I bet it will rely heavily on local/state quarantine requirements and/or recommendations both here and there.

I just want them to play because the main reason I'm a Gopher sports fan is that I like watching Gopher sports. I'm sure the players all want to play and I'm sure Ben would like to play.

Could we win? Sure.
It will be interesting to see how we junk it up on defense in an attempt to slow Cockburn and entice Illinois into bad shots elsewhere. Illinois shoots it well from 3pt range though-almost 40%.

It will be interesting to see how we junk it up on defense in an attempt to slow Cockburn and entice Illinois into bad shots elsewhere. Illinois shoots it well from 3pt range though-almost 40%.
I hope we play behind him, don't foul him, and hope he is willing to shoot over our bigs all day. If he can continue to knock down shots (rather than dunks), he can't be stopped.

Are there any gopher players or coaches who are out?

Play everone straight up ,no help if cockburn gets 40,he won't, so be it.

Gophers will win !!!

they have to change the rule, and I think they will. Someone could get 5 extra wins, while another team may not get any freebies.

It would be a total farce.
Perhaps the teams that get vaccinated, boosted, distance, mask and isolate can be rewarded? Not getting it involves some luck but a lot of things that one controls...otherwise folks could claim Covid and not play any of their tough games and win the B1G

So what? Teams should be punished for not getting their players vaccinnated. A lot of these coaches are letting their players have their "freedom" and now they're catching covid. There should be consequences for their behavior. I live in KY now and Calipari has said his entire team and staff have received booster shots. And guess what? No covid outbreaks. I hope Ben has done the same.
How’s that working for the NBA🤡🤡🤡

College basketball players are barely being tested. You can’t compare to the NBA.. I know three D1 kids 2 playing in power 5 conferences on good teams… team hadn’t been tested in months the other kid three months. Every T Wolf has got Covid but no Gophers? High School zero testing less players report less games canceled.

Those same kids last year at this time were being tested 4-5 times a week… even over the summer during summer workouts 2-3 times a week. Since October when the season starts nothing. I just found it interesting….

Those same kids last year at this time were being tested 4-5 times a week… even over the summer during summer workouts 2-3 times a week. Since October when the season starts nothing. I just found it interesting….

So if they're not being tested, how are all these games being canceled? UCLA alone has had at least 4 canceled

Why would they lie? Why would I? One of the teams just had a game canceled. A player had symptoms got tested had it the rest of the team got tested two other asymptomatic positives… the results were not because the team was routinely testing but a player coming forward…

Perhaps the teams that get vaccinated, boosted, distance, mask and isolate can be rewarded? Not getting it involves some luck but a lot of things that one controls...otherwise folks could claim Covid and not play any of their tough games and win the B1G
Why is there any surprise? Rewarded for what? Being guinea pigs? There are many situations and places where upwards to 100% jabbed people are testing positive. Cruise ships, naval vessels, etc and schools such as Cornell U, NYU, etc shut down classes and went online with semester final tests and 95% of students have been jabbed.

The jab is not a panacea and clearly doesn't offer the protection that those in charge had claimed. Even the CEDC and WHO have admitted that. Innate immunity and acquired immunity after exposure has been shown to offer long lasting protection but "they" won't admit that. There is virtually no effort to encourage people to build their immune system, which has shown to be critical in fighting the virus. Rather "they", along with pharma, exploit an experimental and drug therapy jab.

Students at many schools were required to get vaccinated which includes the athletes. Since they were required to be fully vaxxed to start the school there has been less testing in the athletic department at these schools…

Seriously, if the team follows the covid rules published by the covid police they're rewarded, but if the team doesn't follow the rules they're punished. Which set of "rules"? The rules seem to be constantly changing.

Could we win? Sure.
Some of my greatest Gopher memories are of wins that were never even remotely expected.

Curbelo, Plummer, and an assistant coach being reported as the guys dealing with Corona for Illinois. Plummer has been on fire from 3.

Top Bottom