Illinois game may not be played

kg21

Reaction score
1640639358648.png

Unfortunately, Sunday's game will be in trouble. I was looking forward to this one.

Hopefully the Big 10 would revisit the forfeit rules as the the Big East did. Omicron has demonstrated that things change. Other than improve the Gophers seeding in the Big 10 Tourney, I don't see how such a victory would help them in any way.

Hopefully the Big 10 would revisit the forfeit rules as the the Big East did. Omicron has demonstrated that things change. Other than improve the Gophers seeding in the Big 10 Tourney, I don't see how such a victory would help them in any way.

It certainly wouldn't help the team's perception....but Illinois will be a really tough game. I'm not hoping for it to be canceled....but being handed a free win in a game that we will be pretty clear underdogs wouldn't hurt come selection sunday.

Would possibly keep someone from being humiliated by Kofi Cockburn?

they have to change the rule, and I think they will. Someone could get 5 extra wins, while another team may not get any freebies.

It would be a total farce.

they have to change the rule, and I think they will. Someone could get 5 extra wins, while another team may not get any freebies.

I don't have a problem with it as long as every is playing by the same rules and aware of them. It doesn't hurt that this would be a 'win' for my favorite team either!

If we play we get rolled. This is the only game on the schedule that we lose by 20+. A forfeit would be huge.

I don't think the selection committee would miss that, it's just for conference tourney seeding, if such a scenario played out it would be talked about ad nauseam, other that kudos to the program for keeping the players safe and healthy if such a scenario played out.

It certainly wouldn't help the team's perception....but Illinois will be a really tough game. I'm not hoping for it to be canceled....but being handed a free win in a game that we will be pretty clear underdogs wouldn't hurt come selection sunday.
It wouldn't hurt, nor would it help as I understand it.

Considering this game was included in the “steal one” category to get into the tournament, it absolutely would be huge. I don’t understand how some people can’t see the importance here. One more win (but also one less loss considering they at least can’t hold it against us). Just have to get to 0.500 in conference!

Considering this game was included in the “steal one” category to get into the tournament, it absolutely would be huge. I don’t understand how some people can’t see the importance here. One more win (but also one less loss considering they at least can’t hold it against us). Just have to get to 0.500 in conference!
Look, I would love to see the team make the tournament but if they are going to make it they need to get there by winning games and not by backing in due to covid cancellations.

So what? Teams should be punished for not getting their players vaccinnated. A lot of these coaches are letting their players have their "freedom" and now they're catching covid. There should be consequences for their behavior. I live in KY now and Calipari has said his entire team and staff have received booster shots. And guess what? No covid outbreaks. I hope Ben has done the same.

Last edited:

So what? Teams should be punished for not getting their players vaccinnated. A lot of these coaches are letting their players have their "freedom" and now they're catching covid. Their should be consequences for their behavior. I live in KY now and Calipari has said his entire team and staff have received booster shots. And guess what? No covid outbreaks. I hope Ben has done the same.
100% agree w you. Shame on people with their bs posts, "all this for a couple of funny noses"...ignorant fools.

So what? Teams should be punished for not getting their players vaccinnated. A lot of these coaches are letting their players have their "freedom" and now they're catching covid. Their should be consequences for their behavior. I live in KY now and Calipari has said his entire team and staff have received booster shots. And guess what? No covid outbreaks. I hope Ben has done the same.
When Kentucky has an outbreak, I will have a few questions for you.

If we play we get rolled. This is the only game on the schedule that we lose by 20+. A forfeit would be huge.
It's a home game against an unranked opponent? Kofi's tough but this doesn't seem impossible. Lots of other games against better overall teams with players the NBA will actually draft.

Plenty of COVID in vaccinated players. The NBA is a train wreck right now. Don’t let facts get in the way of angry rants.

It might help with standings but it won't help with tourney bid. The only advantage of not playing is that it softens the schedule a bit. An unplayed game won't help in selection process. I would not consider a forfeit stealing a game on our list.

Top Bottom