Ike White enters transfer portal

What makes this interesting, is that he’s a slot guy. So he’s really only truly stuck behind Crooms, who is a senior. Feels like he had plenty of opportunity to see the field his junior/senior year and develop behind a great player.

What makes this interesting, is that he’s a slot guy. So he’s really only truly stuck behind Crooms, who is a senior. Feels like he had plenty of opportunity to see the field his junior/senior year and develop behind a great player.
I would think the best guys are going to be on the field and be able to play multiple positions. Who is he playing over? He seems to get it and has decided it's better to try elsewhere.

Autman-Bell
Brockington
Jackson
Crooms
Q. Redding
Hoskins
Wright
Spencer

At least three responses appeared to be. Agree with the rest of your response.
We can’t speculate on why he left? I wasn’t even doing that really. Just saying if he hopes for the nfl I don’t think transferring is his best route.

People who transfer get into the nfl…
No doubt, however I don’t see a lot of developmental guys transferring out and then making it to the NFL. I’m sure there’s some examples, but there’s a lot more that just end up without a scholarship.

That's silly. Wherever he goes he will face competition.

To our current knowledge, all of the starting WRs from the bowl game will be back. CrAB has indicated that he is planning on returning. We just signed two experienced and accomplished WRs from G5 teams. You don't recruit players like that unless you have a likely intent to play them. I'm not at all surprised that he transferred. If you don't see the field as a true freshman, that just makes you like the substantial majority of true freshman. After that, the longer you stay without playing the more suspect you become as a transfer.
Most true freshman that transfer end up with far fewer offers than high school. If you had say ten P5 offers in H.S., you might be lucky if one of them is still interested when you transfer. This is just a guess numbers wise, but seems to be in the ball park from what I’ve noticed.

I would think the best guys are going to be on the field and be able to play multiple positions. Who is he playing over? He seems to get it and has decided it's better to try elsewhere.

Autman-Bell
Brockington
Jackson
Crooms
Q. Redding
Hoskins
Wright
Spencer

Dan Jackson and BSF ran a bunch of slot in the bowl game. I may have seen Brockington in that spot too (not sure). It's nice to have some "hands" guys play from that position.

Dan Jackson and BSF ran a bunch of slot in the bowl game. I may have seen Brockington in that spot too (not sure). It's nice to have some "hands" guys play from that position.
I think at least one of the freshmen could play this year. Probably Lanier.

True, I meant guys that almost solely play inside. Elijah/DJack are both the type of receivers that can play both but primarily are going to be outside guys.

Always great to have versatility.

We can’t speculate on why he left? I wasn’t even doing that really. Just saying if he hopes for the nfl I don’t think transferring is his best route.
It depends...if he transfers to a smaller school or different conference he could stand out more if he sees the field. It happens.

The team also knows much more than we know.

For example, while we lump all of the people who don't play into that "depth" position, Ike White knows if he is behind Hoskins on the depth chart. I'm not saying he is, but if he was, he'd know.

It's kind of like Athan last year. People were wondering about Annexstad and Clark transferring because "who knows who will be the QB after Morgan?" The players knew Athan was next.

For example, while we lump all of the people who don't play into that "depth" position, Ike White knows if he is behind Hoskins on the depth chart. I'm not saying he is, but if he was, he'd know.

It's kind of like Athan last year. People were wondering about Annexstad and Clark transferring because "who knows who will be the QB after Morgan?" The players knew Athan was next.
I think in some cases they know. I’m guessing in other cases the coaches go out of there way to not establish a depth chart, at least not openly with the players. Obviously during the season a player can come to his own conclusions.

Good take. I was excited about White because the coaches hyped him and he looked good in the spring game. They mentioned him more than Brockington but he clearly passed him on the depth chart. Regardless, I wish Ike the best and hope he does well at his future home.

Didn't even finish his expensive cup of coffee- a Starbucks Super Venti Flat (Ike) White...

Yeah, given the choice I will take the highly productive/experienced FCS receiver over the unproven freshman who hasn't done anything yet.... :)
One slight correction, Charlotte is not an FCS school, they are FBS.

I think in some cases they know. I’m guessing in other cases the coaches go out of there way to not establish a depth chart, at least not openly with the players. Obviously during the season a player can come to his own conclusions.

You don't need to see an official depth chart if you're at practice. You know who's running with the 1's, 2's, 3's & scout team based on practice reps.

You don't need to see an official depth chart if you're at practice. You know who's running with the 1's, 2's, 3's & scout team based on practice reps.
Yeah, depth charts help fans out. Players don't need them, they know where they stand

Top Bottom