Ike White enters transfer portal

In a perfect world I'd love to see him stay and develop, but this isn't a big surprise as others have noted. Best of luck Ike.

Feels like a big mistake on his part if the nfl is his goal, but what can you do? He’ll be fortunate to land at an east coast G5 team I would think.

I wonder what he expected. As a mid 3-star, did he expect to come in and start his first or second year? Seems early to pull the plug unless he thinks he’s much better and further along than the coaching staff apparently does.

Nevertheless, it does clear the decks a bit for others.

Another non local player. Interesting how Hoskins stays but White leaves.

Not surprised, he was buried on the depth chart. I wish him well.

Feels like a big mistake on his part if the nfl is his goal, but what can you do? He’ll be fortunate to land at an east coast G5 team I would think.
Can’t get in the NFL if you’re not on the field.

Tell that to Jameson williams.
Not sure transferring to Bama is the best example. I just don’t get it, if Ike is going to make it, I’m sure it’ll take four more years. In two years CrAB, Crooms, Jackson, Brockington, and Wright will all be gone barring injury waivers.

Not sure transferring to Bama is the best example. I just don’t get it, if Ike is going to make it, I’m sure it’ll take four more years. In two years CrAB, Crooms, Jackson, Brockington, and Wright will all be gone barring injury waivers.
Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Maybe he wants to get closer to home or maybe he is looking for somewhere he can play right away and he didn't think that was likely to happen here.

With all the receivers coming in, it is not surprising to see guys leave. MBS would seem like another who will be in the portal soon given he wasn't with the team at the bowl game.

Can’t get in the NFL if you run from competition.

That's silly. Wherever he goes he will face competition.

To our current knowledge, all of the starting WRs from the bowl game will be back. CrAB has indicated that he is planning on returning. We just signed two experienced and accomplished WRs from G5 teams. You don't recruit players like that unless you have a likely intent to play them. I'm not at all surprised that he transferred. If you don't see the field as a true freshman, that just makes you like the substantial majority of true freshman. After that, the longer you stay without playing the more suspect you become as a transfer.

MBS would seem like another who will be in the portal soon given he wasn't with the team at the bowl game.

I would guess any day now. The portal is open for about two more weeks.

A lot of finger pointing at the player but yet Minnesota needs the scholarships. It’s a numbers game.

A lot of finger pointing at the player but yet Minnesota needs the scholarships. It’s a numbers game.
Not sure I see a lot of finger pointing going on.

Certainly could have been a case where it was made clear to White that his path to playing time here wasn't likely to pan out. Reality is that we never really know the reasons why a lot of guys ultimately decide to transfer. Just part of the current college football landscape.

Not sure I see a lot of finger pointing going on.

Certainly could have been a case where it was made clear to White that his path to playing time here wasn't likely to pan out. Reality is that we never really know the reasons why a lot of guys ultimately decide to transfer. Just part of the current college football landscape.
At least three responses appeared to be. Agree with the rest of your response.

I'm guessing better chance MBS walks away from football for good than enters the portal.
Yeah, I go back and forth on this.

With his RS and COVID years, he still has two seasons of eligibility remaining and drops aside he does get open. Now, that's a big thing to gloss over (dropping passes as a wide receiver) but he has the physical tools to get open in major college football.

Yeah, I go back and forth on this.

With his RS and COVID years, he still has two seasons of eligibility remaining and drops aside he does get open. Now, that's a big thing to gloss over (dropping passes as a wide receiver) but he has the physical tools to get open in major college football.

Yeah, I have to think he is close to graduating, if he hasn't yet. The fact he took time away from the team the last month and went home, makes me feel like he may not be working the portal super hard. He definitely could come back to the U as a student for a semester and finish his degree (if that is the pace he is on). If he has lost his passion for the game, getting a degree and not dealing with the grind of two more years of college football might be the priority. I wouldn't imagine the NFL is part of his dreams anymore. But obviously I'm taking some liberties with speculation here.

Top Bottom