If both are healthy, who do you wan to start: Gray or Shortell?

If both are healthy, who do you wan to start: Gray or Shortell?

• Gray

Votes: 90 61.6%
  • Shortell

Votes: 56 38.4%

• Total voters
What would have happened if Gray had stayed in the game or what is going to happen against Syracuse is nowhere near as important as how you treat a highly recruited QB who made a huge commitment to the Minnesota Gophers and stuck with the program through a very rocky couple of years when the program struggled and he received a huge amount of very public criticism and personal insults.

Even if that means you lose? I think wins are more important than not hurting someone's feelings.

Even if that means you lose? I think wins are more important than not hurting someone's feelings.

I am not talking about hurting Gray's feelings. I believe during his time at the U he has earned the right not to be dumped at the first opportunity because we are desperate to go 3 - 5 in the Big 10 and go to a minor bowl game that will only be watched by the fans, relatives, and friends of the players on the two teams. This is a matter of principle and in my opinion it would not apply to any other Gopher since I first started watching them play in Memorial Stadium years ago. Furthermore, I am a convinced that Coach Kill agrees with me.

I am not talking about hurting Gray's feelings. I believe during his time at the U he has earned the right not to be dumped at the first opportunity because we are desperate to go 3 - 5 in the Big 10 and go to a minor bowl game that will only be watched by the fans, relatives, and friends of the players on the two teams. This is a matter of principle and in my opinion it would not apply to any other Gopher since I first started watching them play in Memorial Stadium years ago. Furthermore, I am a convinced that Coach Kill agrees with me.

Exactly what has Gray done to achieve this lofty position above all Gopher players of the last 40 or so years?

I think that Shortell will not be as good once a team has game planned against him. Remember Michigan a year ago? Granted I believe he is a better player today, but this discussion was the exact same then. I think that Gray is the QB that gives us the best chance to win. I would be ok with Shortell possibly coming out for a series or 2 a game, leave Gray out on the field in the HB or in the slot. Mix things up a bit. That is when Shortell has been the most successful is when they aren't expecting it.

Top Bottom