I Support Coach Kill Thread! Let's get this thread larger than the Souhan crap thread

Can't add much to what you all have said. Coach Kill, we are 100% behind you, your great coaching staff and the players!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Jerry Kill is an outstanding role-model and one hell of a football coach, Keep up the good fight Coach Kill and I'll be there every Saturday to cheer on an improving group of young Gophers.

My letter to Nancy Barnes, editor at the Star Tribune, sent this morning.

Ms. Barnes,

I am a loyal Star Tribune reader and advocate for maintaining a strong, independent 4th branch in our country. I support freedom of the press and free speech rights. I believe it's important to have strong local newspapers and other media outlets in order to have an informed public. I also believe journalists have a responsibility to be thoughtful in how they exercise those rights and to choose their words carefully.

In columnist Jim Souhan's recent column regarding University of Minnesota football coach Jerry Kill's seizure during the September 14 game, he demonstrated a hurtful, insensitive,and unprofessional attitude toward not just Coach Kill but also the many thousands of Minnesotans and millions of Americans who live with epilepsy and other serious medical conditions or disabilities.

I may disagree with Mr. Souhan over the question of whether a football coach can compete successfully while managing a serious medical condition, but I concede he has the right as a member of the sports media to raise that question. However, I believe Mr. Souhan went much too far in moving beyond the question of whether someone with a serious health condition could coach a football team into opining that the public should not be subjected to seeing someone have a seizure, an occurrence that happens millions of times per year in public and private settings.

I am lucky enough to have a happy family with no major health concerns or disabilities that we are presently aware of and I hope that both you and Mr. Souhan are as fortunate as I am. But we live in a world where many people don't have that luxury and I hope we can live in a world where we allow people the opportunity to attempt to overcome their challenges without fear of ridicule for having a medical episode occur in public.

I believe that Mr. Souhan's statement that "No one who buys a ticket to TCF Bank Stadium should be rewarded with the sight of a middle-aged man writhing on the ground" warrants a public apology by Mr. Souhan to Coach Kill, the University of Minnesota, and to the thousands of Minnesotans who struggle with epilepsy.

Fire Souhack...oops, wrong thread!

As for me and my house, we will follow the Kill...

Jerry Kill deserves the utmost respect. Jerry Kill's mustache demands it.
Go Coach, Go Gophers

The staff and team proved Saturday that they could continue to play and coach effectively in this situation. Will it happen again during a game? I hope not, but it might and I think we can all rest assured that the rest of the staff and players are capable of continuing in his absence.

We've seen this before and we will see it again most likely. Great staff and great player reaction.

His players have said they support him. The AD and staff have said they support him. He is turning this program around. The student athletes are attending class and created a huge reversal in the APR. I strongly support Coach Kill!!

His players have said they support him. The AD and staff have said they support him. He is turning this program around. The student athletes are attending class and created a huge reversal in the APR. I strongly support Coach Kill!!

+1

Let's take it up notch. How about instead of the ski u ma cheer, everyone yells a loud and resounding Jerry, Jerry,Jerry. Maybe the band could spell out Jerry just before the cheer

I support my pal Jerry till his end here at Minnesota. He came here to do some serious "heavy lifting" and it is up to the state of Minnesota to support him on that path. If the man still wants to coach and be here let us stand up and let him at least finish what he started.

Why would we not be on board with Jerry Kill as coach he is building dept.

and building a football program.
This is what we have always lacked, depth at Minnesota for significant positions and expereince and coach and his staff are building that. We are winning football games and the team is getting better. Pull a few upsets in the Big 10 conference and we will see even bigger proof of the hard work the players, Jerry and the staff have been putting in. We sustained an injury at Quarterback on Saturday and the team did not crawl up in the featle position they actually played better as a whole in the second half. IF the team was concerned about the Seizure they didn't show it on the field, they played hard and went out and finished with a win.
The Gophers sustained major injury in the defensive backfield a week ago when Boddy-Calhoun(playing as well as anybody on defense) went down and the play of the players playing #3 Shabaz and Wells returning has shown we are getting better with program depth and the level of play has not fallen off significantly. During the Mason years or Brewster years a starter went down and there was a significant dropoff in play and we probably lose one of these non-conference games because of it. Are the Gophers a flawed football team, yes there not perfect but there playing hard and with good effort a credit to the players and the coaching staff.
This seizure thing will pass this season, Jerry Kill is the football coach and I'm on board with him leading us to an eventual Big 10 championship in the years to come. Badger fans and Hawkeye fans would be on board with him leaving because they know Kill is building something different at Minnesota and we will be competitive with them in the years to come, yeah they want Jerry gone.

Gophers Standing Behind Coach Kill: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/84106/gophers-standing-behind-jerry-kill

Quote from Limegrover:
"He has epilepsy, and he’s made that very clear, and he hasn’t run from it or hid from it,” Limegrover told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “I think when people say that and write that, they’re basically saying, ‘Hey, it’s too bad. You people with epilepsy, don’t shoot for your dreams, don’t push and try and have goals because it makes me uncomfortable to see when something happens.’ I mean, I’m shaking over here because I think it’s so ignorant.”

If us fans are this angry at what S***** and others said, just think how mad the players and coaches are. Maybe this will serve and a season-long rallying point. A little extra motivation -- bulletin board stuff.

Standing strong besides Coach Kill! I'm proud of him as our coach, and I'm proud of my alma mater for how they handle this unfortunate situation.

Just want in on this thread. Behind Coach Kill 100% for as long as we're fortunate enough to have him coaching the Gophers

I do support Coach Kill

and will continue to have nothing to do with the StarTrib.

Coach Kill Has My Full Support as the MAN to lead the Gophers!

Inspiration is impossible to fake and hard to quantify. Kill is inspiring.

I fully support Coach Kill as our Gopher football coach!

Guys (radio annpuncers) at 1500 seem to stick together = bemoaming that the U has overreacted to just criticism of Kill's "condition"!
They evem had Glenn Perkins agreeing with them. What if Gardy had this = they postulated? Wouldn't that be a big concern? Can't wait for the crowd to Jerry, Jerry, Jerry on Saturday!

Guys (radio annpuncers) at 1500 seem to stick together = bemoaming that the U has overreacted to just criticism of Kill's "condition"!
They evem had Glenn Perkins agreeing with them. What if Gardy had this = they postulated? Wouldn't that be a big concern? Can't wait for the crowd to Jerry, Jerry, Jerry on Saturday!

Maybe Gardy's anger condition has made him unfit to coach since he gets thrown out of games so often.

We have to get the Jerry, Jerry, Jerry chant going before the game. We just have to!

I'm 100% behind Coach Kill. It's on the field that the decisions have to be made. Going into year three it's obvious that the foundations are in place for the team to be really good. I say we let Jerry finish what he started and reevaluate after year five. Coach has said that if the epilepsy is interfering with getting the job done he'll resign. That's good enough for me! Go Jerry

Behind coach kill and staff and would love him to coach my boys. Can't wait for the next two Saturday's.

I go on Saturdays to support Jerry and his team! I don't buy the newspaper because of people like Souhan. Fire Souhan & Ruesse and maybe i'll support the newspaper again.

GO JERRY GO!! I believe Coach Kill is a man and the media TRASH is a coward. I think the TRASH should go to the locker room and see if he is a man enough to say it to the Coach and team himself. What a pile of trash. I can't believe that the paper won't do anything about this. I am glad I canceled my subscription a long time ago. As you can tell I won't even give the trash the pleasure to use his name or the papers name. Isnt this game on ESPN 2? Wouldn't it be good to see a full student section with JERRY shirts on and also Jerry chants!!!! I will be at the game supporting the GOPHERS program!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are damn lucky to have Jerry Kill as our head coach. Major College Football would be far better off if there were 300 + clones of Jerry Kill.

Absolutely! Go Kill! Go Gophers!

Top Bottom