I Boycott Renewing or Donating to the University of Minnesota

homermn

Reaction score
Starting a string to show visibility to those of us who stand with the University of Minnesota Football Players and refuse to renew or donate to any University of Minnesota Program until Coyle and Kaler meet the players demands. The Instituion is above and more important than any one person.

#WeHadEnough

I'm suspect for everyone thinking like you, there is at least an equal number or more who will boycott renewing or donating if the U doesn't send these guys packing. Either way, the U is screwed.

If the Kaler, Coyle, and the BOG give in to the demands of the players the U won't have a prayer of getting any part of my millions and I will not renew my season tickets which I have had since 1990.

I'm suspect for everyone thinking like you, there is at least an equal number or more who will boycott renewing or donating if the you doesn't send these guys packing. Either way, the U is screwed.

The institution is more important than the people and most be protected.

If the Kaler, Coyle, and the BOG give in to the demands of the players the U won't have a prayer of getting any part of my millions and I will not renew my season tickets which I have had since 1990.

I'll make sure to make up for it and more.

Is there Russian involvement? Seriously this is a major clusterF@@k and hopefully results in a way more reasonable and responsive organization in the future.... Overzealous nazi types do not belong in a position of power at the U or anywhere

BOG?

Starting a string to show visibility to those of us who stand with the University of Minnesota Football Players and refuse to renew or donate to any University of Minnesota Program until Coyle and Kaler meet the players demands. The Instituion is above and more important than any one person.

#WeHadEnough

Guess they'll have to cut the bubble gum supply for the coaches

This pretty much does it for me...long time season ticket holder and have donated 'lot's of $$$. I am finished. The University needs to get their **** together.

I dont know what the hell to think. Either the administration acted in an unjust way, or there was much more to the accusations than has been shared. The confusion within the administration about who made the call, Claeys or others, is frustrating. But as for the substance of the accusations, we need more information to make an informed judgement.

I hope there is an independent, transparent investigation.

Speculation without facts does not help the situation for anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Of all the threats today, this should be the one the U is worried about more than any other....

Reading carefully, I noticed this line in the article: "Police later interviewed four other players, who each said the sex was consensual." I am not sure if "the sex" refers to one player alone, or if it means four other players had sex with the same woman.

If it means the latter, their behavior was at the very least revolting.

Again, I hope a fuller understanding emerges of what happened and how the U went through its process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm suspect for everyone thinking like you, there is at least an equal number or more who will boycott renewing or donating if the U doesn't send these guys packing. Either way, the U is screwed.
Bingo!!! Some people here don't seem to get this point.

Wait, wasn't that called the Minneapolis Police Department and Hennepin County Attorney?

They were investigating whether or not the players committed a crime. The U investigated whether or not the players violated the Student Code of Conduct and any Athletics Department and football team rules. Not close to the same thing.

Hey - go back to Wisconsin

They said Kiante Hardin was given a copy of the 82 page report. Would be nice for it to leak out. At this point that's what needs to happen. Haven't heard much pertaining to the report, even from Hutton. He has been pretty quiet. Players looked pretty silly when asked if they had read the 82 page report. They were caught off guard and said no. Almost like duh, we should have thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ayyy congrats dude you've just been accepted on to my ignore list! its a pretty exclusive club and a high honor but your booger eating posts today won you a coveted spot

Send them packing for having group sex?

No, for participating in a gang bang without the affirmative consent of the victim.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University of Minnesota Policy - Affirmative Consent (For Sex)

A determination about the existence of consent is a critical element in the investigation of a sexual assault. University policy requires affirmative consent between individuals engaging in sexual activity.

Affirmative consent is defined as “informed, freely and affirmatively communicated willingness to participate in sexual activity that is expressed by clear and unambiguous words or actions.”

Clear and unambiguous words or actions are those that are freely and actively given by informed individuals that a reasonable person in the circumstances would believe communicate a willingness to participate in a mutually agreed upon sexual activity.

The following factors will be considered when determining consent:

It is the responsibility of each person who wishes to engage in the sexual activity to obtain consent.

A lack of protest, the absence of resistance and silence do not indicate consent.

The existence of a present or past dating or romantic relationship does not imply consent to future sexual activity.

Consent must be present throughout the sexual activity and may be initially given, but withdrawn at any time.

When consent is withdrawn all sexual activity must stop. Likewise, where there is confusion about the state of consent, sexual activity must stop until both parties consent again.

Consent to one form of sexual activity does not imply consent to other forms of sexual activity.

Consent is not obtained where:

There is physical force, threats, intimidation or coercion.

There is incapacitation due to the influence of drugs or alcohol.

There is the inability to communicate because of a physical or mental condition

An individual is asleep, unconscious or involuntarily physically restrained.

An individual is unable to understand the nature or extent of the sexual situation because of mental or physical incapacitation or impairment.

One party is not of legal age to give consent pursuant to Minnesota state law.

https://policy.umn.edu/operations/sexualassault-appa

Top Bottom