I AM ***DISGUSTED**** WIT ESPN RIGHT NOW.......

thailleagle

Reaction score
Even in defeat all they play from our game besides the GW FG is Paulus highlights.......
:rolleyes:

read the "recap"

460 words on syracuse and less than 100 on the winning team.

When I was watching they showed three plays in the highlight package.

1) The bad snap by Syracuse on the first play

2) Paulus TD pass to Williams

3) Our game winning field goal

Seems about right to me.

When I was watching they showed three plays in the highlight package.

1) The bad snap by Syracuse on the first play

2) Paulus TD pass to Williams

3) Our game winning field goal

Seems about right to me.

how about decker catching 9 passes for 189 yards. that seems quite noteworthy to me.

Initially I was outraged too by the one sided coverage, but then I realized, what did we do in that game that was memorable or newsworthy? Nothing. It was an ugly sloppy win. We were hardly able to chain any plays together into a coherent drive until the end, and even then we only got a field goal out of it.

Chalk this game up to the 1st game jitters and get ready for Air Force, a wins a win.

1-0.

When Paulus was named the starter many on this board were happy that it would bring some national attention to the game. What it really did was bring national attention to the fact that Paulus plays football now.

Did anybody really expect them to gush over the performance put on by the Gophers and ignore the major "non-game" story?

When Paulus was named the starter many on this board were happy that it would bring some national attention to the game. What it really did was bring national attention to the fact that Paulus plays football now.

Did anybody really expect them to gush over the performance put on by the Gophers and ignore the major "non-game" story?[/QUOTE]

Not really. Should have expected it after Ward and Bentley talked about how great he was in high school every time he happened to step on the field.

How about showing that incredible last drive by Weber & Decker? And to make matters worse I heard Paulus wasn't even that good at Duke, smh........

And people are surprised for what reason?

ESPN is in the business of promoting ESPN. They don't really care about sports anymore. It's been that way for years now.

I don't see what the point of getting upset about it is. ESPN is awful and concentrates on story lines more than the game.

The ESPN announcing made me sick. Even more unconscionable was the fact that ESPN blacked the coverage in my zipcode (Madison, WI) just as the game was about to be in overtime. Did this happen in other areas?

Also, check out the recap on the Star Trib, of all places, which is just an AP story that drones on about Paulus and Syracuse but barely even mentions the Gophers. Pathetic.

I don't see what the point of getting upset about it is. ESPN is awful and concentrates on story lines more than the game.

The game was on espn2 makes ~$50/month for cable worth it.
The game was on HD is worth the additional ~$30/month.
My TV's mute button = Priceless. :clap::clap::clap:

Guys, Guys, Guys......

Remember, Syracuse has a HUGE journalism school. I don't even want to venture
a guess at how many SU alums work at ESPN. This should come as no surprise.

BINGO!!!!!

Remember, Syracuse has a HUGE journalism school. I don't even want to venture
a guess at how many SU alums work at ESPN. This should come as no surprise.

Tell him what he's won, Johnny . . . .

'Cuse is a journalism farm team for ESPN, et al. A freakin' DOOOOOKIE transfer, that was a NEW YORK H.S. phenom . . . . well, you do the math. Sickening, predictable, but EXACTLY what I expected. Exactly.

Barf bag please! That was prpbably the most one-sided, lopsided and slanted broadcast of a sporting event in can recall.

The game was on espn2 makes ~$50/month for cable worth it.
The game was on HD is worth the additional ~$30/month.
My TV's mute button = Priceless. :clap::clap::clap:

funny. thinking back i think i had my tv on mute almost everytime syracuse had the ball (especially in the second half) simply because i was so tired of hearing about greg paulus and which high school he went to. today actually reminded me of how happy i am that the Big Ten Network exists. the east coast j-bags that do so many of their broadcasts (for many sports) don't even call a good game.....they simply try to perpetuate whatever the espn.com headline was leading into the game.

See also every other Disney product

ESPN is in the business of promoting ESPN. They don't really care about sports anymore. It's been that way for years now.

It is just another in the line. They might ever ruin Marvel.

Can you blame ESPN for concentrating more on the story lines? Gopher and Syracuse fans make up not even 1/20 of the viewing audience. The rest of the people watching turned the game on to see how the four year Duke starter would do in a different sport. The game wasn't broadcasted for Minnesota fans only

I think ESPN's MO is to figure out the key story (in this case Paulus), and exploit that story to the point of nausea, even to those who are fans of what they are reporting. It is called "our announcers have absolutely no depth of knowledge and we cannot ask them to learn about entire teams before the game so we pick a story and they spend their time on that.

But I do agree the Gophers really did not give them a whole lot of good to talk about.

THE GOPHERS WON THE GAME!

the offense put up over 300 yards.

decker is one of, if not THE best WR in the nation and he had 189yards! and some pretty spectacular catches. i imagine dez bryant gets a few highlights win or lose.

look at the headline at ESPN "paulus loses suracuse debut." paulus didn't lose, syracuse did, and minnesota won.

I am glad for the win, but stats hardly tell the whole story IMO. Decker did fine, but they should have played a lot better.

ESPN blows. I am hating it more and more all the time.

I can't even watch sportscenter anymore. I'm glad that FSN has their sports show on every night.

Hey is that Greg Paulus the same Greg Paulus who used to play basketball for Duke? It kind of looks like him. I watched the entire game but the announcers never mentioned it once? Just wondering.

I agree that was the worst case of 1-sided announcing crew that I have ever witnessed. At one point they actually said "Greg Paulus's team leads 20-17". Puke.

I'm sorry...but why does Pam Ward still have a job?

we need to relax....of course they are going to focus on the one "story" from the game, being Paulus. big deal.....I am glad they don t even mention the gophs, for good reason, we played awful and are not a big story, why should we be? Nobody heard anything about Purdue beating Toledo, and for equally good reason... let us beat AF and maybe Cal before our name is mentioned.

we need to relax....of course they are going to focus on the one "story" from the game, being Paulus. big deal.....I am glad they don t even mention the gophs, for good reason, we played awful and are not a big story, why should we be? Nobody heard anything about Purdue beating Toledo, and for equally good reason... let us beat AF and maybe Cal before our name is mentioned.

Greg Paulus had one of the most mediocre games I have ever seen with this much attention.......

Adam Weber takes us into OT on a game-tying drive in the 4th & not one highlight of it.......

I've never seen a team lose and still get 90% of the highlights.......

The football play was poor and erratic do they had little choice but to stay with the human interest. I must admit that I was shocked (well...at least surprised) that Dickie V didn't come out of the stands to give Paulus a big ol' wet kiss for Dukie old time sake.

The Paulus coverage reminded me of brett favre. Paulus's INT also reminded me of brett favre. Oh the irony.

Top Bottom