I AM ***DISGUSTED**** WIT ESPN RIGHT NOW.......

I'm not sure i ever wanted to see a QB get pummeled by a DT more in my whole life. The most dissapointing play of the game to me was when we got the roughing the passer penalty and all we did was give the guy a gentle shove. A totally wasted opportunity.

I watched the game with friends who knew nothing about the Gophers. Their interest in the game quickly became Eric Decker. I proudly explained that this was just his usual excellant game. As to Paulus they wondered why he was putting his arm around the ref.

funny. thinking back i think i had my tv on mute almost everytime syracuse had the ball (especially in the second half) simply because i was so tired of hearing about greg paulus and which high school he went to. today actually reminded me of how happy i am that the Big Ten Network exists. the east coast j-bags that do so many of their broadcasts (for many sports) don't even call a good game.....they simply try to perpetuate whatever the espn.com headline was leading into the game.

Haha, I did the same thing. Partly because of having to hear Paulus all day and partly because Ward and Bentley are just idiots. Man are they terrible.

Honestly, I don't think Paulus played that great. He looked very unorganized and lost out there at times. Of course, it should be expected being that he hasn't played for awhile, but they were acting like he was playing so good.

I watched the game with friends who knew nothing about the Gophers. Their interest in the game quickly became Eric Decker. I proudly explained that this was just his usual excellant game. As to Paulus they wondered why he was putting his arm around the ref.

Did you see him pat the ref on the ass too???

yes yes the coverage was very one sided and probably allowed the viewer to forget who cuse was even playing at some points, but i have to play devils advocate... outside of the few thousand minnesota fans that were watching the game, how many people from the rest of the country really were tuning into the game OTHER than to watch paulus... probably another hundred relocated gophers. At where we are at right now with our program we should feel lucky that an away game was put on national TV, hopefully after winning a few games in our new place we can develop our own storylines. But for this past game, to expect anything different is just dreaming because it IS espn

When the game camera wasn't on Paulus it was on his parents.

Guys, go back to the simple use of syllogism here:

Paulus played basketball for Duke (and by extension, the beloved Coach K).

ESPN loves Duke (and by extension, the beloved Coach K).

Ergo, ESPN loves Paulus.

I've overstated the case by a light year or so, but most of the ESPN commentators give Coach K and all that has ever been associated with him constant verbal lap dances.

If Paulus wasn't playing ESPN would show nothing

Not the game, not the highlights.

Disagree that the only reason ESPN2 put this game on was because of Paulus. This game was on because it was one of the rare BCS vs BCS games available at 11am on Saturday. There wasn't a whole lot to choose from.

Not the game, not the highlights.

That's not true. There weren't a ton of great early games on Saturday. Ohio State-Navy was on ESPN. That pretty much tells you all you neeed to know. Minnesota-Syracuse was one of the top 3 games during that window and would have likely been televised regardless. The broadcast was incredibly slanted, but if we'd won by 3 touchdowns it would have been less-so obviously. The reality is that until the final drive, the Gophers didn't really do anything to pull thier attention away from it's default 'all Paulus' mode.

I just watched the replay and I understand the Paulus is an interesting story and angle for college football. I'm no Gopher homer, but that was probably the most unprofessional broadcast I have ever witnessed. The only way they could have gotten more Paulus on the broadcast is if he would have been featured in all the commercials.

Paulus is one of those insufferable athletes who frets and struts and somehow always bring attention to himself, witness the constant camera work showing him on the sideline doing something inconsequential, but managing somehow to bring attention to himself. I've really never seen anything like it.

Imagine if Syracuse would've won.......

He'd be getting Heisman votes, smh.......

Top Bottom