How the eff do we watch Pac-12 Network?

Thank you.
A little ticked I have Directv, ESPN+, freaking center ice, Sunday ticket, extra innings, Disney, Amazon, Netflix, HBO Max and the only thing I watch is Gophers football and despite all of this I now need to get something call Fubo.
Fubo? How about Eff U?
Allegedly you can download the pac 12 app and login through your directv account but I have not confirmed this.

Just signed up for the Fubo trial and it seems to work just fine. I think you have to make sure to select the sports add on for the trial as well. You're essentially signing up for a subscription with your credit card, you just don't have to pay for the first 7 days and will just have to cancel by this time next week.

I watched parts of the women's volleyball game against Stanford on pac-12.com last weekend. You get about 5 minutes of free viewing and then the screen turns black. I knew I wouldn't be watching the entire match, so in a totally tightass, cheapskate way I would reset my browser/trash cookies and reload the page. Another 5 minutes of viewing before I had to do it all over again.
Probably not the best if you plan to sit and watch an entire football game, but could work if you have Grimm on in the background while you're putting your storm windows up or hanging your laundry on the clothes line, and the log on every now and then just to see some action.

4 out of the P5 conferences agreed to combine their 3rd tier TV rights for the sake of creating a conference cable network. The only one that didn't was the Big XII, with Texas having its own channel and OU doing regional I believe, though the rest of them have a quasi-channel agreement with ESPN+.

Big Ten has BTN, and SEC and ACC have ESPN run channels. These are all available on YouTubeTV and probably quite a lot of other packages.

The PAC network has been the outlier in every way. From the way it was created, setup, and run. And the result is almost no one carries it. Just silly.

Hopefully the new commish of the PAC fixes it, so it can be like all the other channels that get carried reasonably.

I watched parts of the women's volleyball game against Stanford on pac-12.com last weekend. You get about 5 minutes of free viewing and then the screen turns black. I knew I wouldn't be watching the entire match, so in a totally tightass, cheapskate way I would reset my browser/trash cookies and reload the page. Another 5 minutes of viewing before I had to do it all over again.
Probably not the best if you plan to sit and watch an entire football game, but could work if you have Grimm on in the background while you're putting your storm windows up or hanging your laundry on the clothes line, and the log on every now and then just to see some action.

Oh boy.

You reset your browser/trash cookies and reloaded the page every 5 minutes to watch a women’s volleyball game?

I’m here to say we are all your friends and happy to help you in any way.

Oh boy.

You reset your browser/trash cookies and reloaded the page every 5 minutes to watch a women’s volleyball game?

I’m here to say we are all your friends and happy to help you in any way.
Yes. Gopher volleyball rules.
I only watched about 15 minutes so it wasn't too bad. Plus, over the years I've gotten really good at quickly resetting the browser, deleting history, etc. when I use my wife's laptop.
If you're a true friend, could you hold your smartphone up to your TV and Facebook livestream the entire game for those of us without options?

Plus, over the years I've gotten really good at quickly resetting the browser, deleting history, etc. when I use my wife's laptop.
Gotta make sure to clear out the naughty sites :ROFLMAO:

"Honey, why do all my URLs always disappear after every time you use my laptop??"

Yes. Gopher volleyball rules.
I only watched about 15 minutes so it wasn't too bad. Plus, over the years I've gotten really good at quickly resetting the browser, deleting history, etc. when I use my wife's laptop.
If you're a true friend, could you hold your smartphone up to your TV and Facebook livestream the entire game for those of us without options?
Download Duck Duck Go, or browse in incognito mode and refresh. Those two options to keep cookies, etc. Should work much faster for you.

FWIW - last week I found a free decent-quality stream of the Miami game on a site called "buffstream.io" I think this is basically a new home for the old reddit thread that had links to watch free streams of events.

But - the point is - I found a free stream of the game and it worked OK with almost no buffering.

So, if you don't want to go for the free Fubo signup, this could be another option. I am very leery of anything that requires a credit card to sign up - got burned on one of those sites before and wound up having to cancel my credit card and get a new card.

(hopefully we don't have to listen to more brain-numbing music during commercial breaks....)

FWIW - last week I found a free decent-quality stream of the Miami game on a site called "buffstream.io" I think this is basically a new home for the old reddit thread that had links to watch free streams of events.

But - the point is - I found a free stream of the game and it worked OK with almost no buffering.

So, if you don't want to go for the free Fubo signup, this could be another option. I am very leery of anything that requires a credit card to sign up - got burned on one of those sites before and wound up having to cancel my credit card and get a new card.

(hopefully we don't have to listen to more brain-numbing music during commercial breaks....)
"buffstream" sounds kinda sketchy (for multiple reasons)

Last edited:

Yep, just learned my current Comcast package has the B1G Network, SEC Network, and even ACC Network, but does not have the PAC Network. Have to get a subscription.

I'm pretty lazy about these things so we'll see if I get motivated. Oh well...

1631812680618.png

If you have a cable system, most of them offer a "sports package" for about $10/month and it provides zillions of football and other sports outlets, including SEC network, Pac12 network, ESPNu and ESPNnews, etc.

I have PAC12 but have no idea why it is included in my package. No matter what it is pennies compared to going to a game. I am envious of everyone who is going to game in person this Saturday.

Just refresh at every commercial break. There's one about every 5 minutes anyway.

4 out of the P5 conferences agreed to combine their 3rd tier TV rights for the sake of creating a conference cable network. The only one that didn't was the Big XII, with Texas having its own channel and OU doing regional I believe, though the rest of them have a quasi-channel agreement with ESPN+.

Big Ten has BTN, and SEC and ACC have ESPN run channels. These are all available on YouTubeTV and probably quite a lot of other packages.

The PAC network has been the outlier in every way. From the way it was created, setup, and run. And the result is almost no one carries it. Just silly.

Hopefully the new commish of the PAC fixes it, so it can be like all the other channels that get carried reasonably.
But it’s the conference of champions!

Just set up and launched the Fubo free trial. Can’t stress this enough if you are signing up for the free trial: make sure you sign up for the most expensive level as the lower ones do not have the PAC12 network.

I double checked and I seem to be getting the PAC12 without issue. A scintillating Stanford Women’s soccer match was on. Yay! All set for Saturday.

Yep, just learned my current Comcast package has the B1G Network, SEC Network, and even ACC Network, but does not have the PAC Network. Have to get a subscription.

I'm pretty lazy about these things so we'll see if I get motivated. Oh well...

View attachment 14408

My xfinity package has PAC12 but not in HD. However you can sign into the app via phone (and cast) or via TV app and watch in HD. Tried it out last weekend

My xfinity package has PAC12 but not in HD. However you can sign into the app via phone (and cast) or via TV app and watch in HD. Tried it out last weekend
Thanks. I actually understood your prescription and will give it a try. Mucho appreciado.

Try sling TV 30-day free trial - They have just about every sports programming you want BTN, ESPN, SEC, PAC12, ACCN, LongHorn TV Network, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc... if you pay a little extra for the Orange and Blue packages.

This streaming service is my alternative to Comcast.

Last edited:

Yep, just learned my current Comcast package has the B1G Network, SEC Network, and even ACC Network, but does not have the PAC Network.

Interesting. I have Comcast and PAC 12 but no ACC network.

Try sling TV 30-day free trial - They have just about every sports programming you want BTN, ESPN, SEC, PAC12, ACCN, LongHorn TV Network, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc... if you pay a little extra for the Orange and Blue packages.

This streaming service is my alternative to Comcast.

I don't see a free trial. They want $10 for a month of the Orange package, plus $11 add on for the sports package.

Hopefully this game will warrant a "Game in 60" edition.

Listen on the radio and see the game later with only four commercial breaks instead of 30...

Top Bottom