Holmgren has not been contacted yet...

This thread was started much earlier in the week. I would hope by now they have connected. Our dads haven’t talked since then...unfortunately, so I can’t confirm.

With USAF it's really difficult to tell if he's too stupid to realize that point or if he obnoxiously ignores common sense. Either way, I wouldn't waste your time trying to discuss the topic using reason.

Thanks for passing along the information. People always get pissy if it's not 100% what they want to hear.

Widely known Garnett was over 7' but listed at 6'11". Came out of high school at a listed at 220 but again widely known he weighed less.
Sure there may have been some others (Toni Kukoc) but Garnett really seemed to pave the way for re-thinking what a 7'0" player can do. Growing up the tallest kid was the center but that is no longer the case as there are freakishly athletic tall guys in the game now playing all over the court.

Obviously there have always been those guys that didn't fit the mold (Magic Johnson playing PG) but traditionally the really tall guys played down low. That isn't the case anymore and it is the reason that a kid like Holmgren can succeed because he won't be asked to play Center where he would be giving up a ton of size/strength to the guys he would be going up against.

With USAF it's really difficult to tell if he's too stupid to realize that point or if he obnoxiously ignores common sense. Either way, I wouldn't waste your time trying to discuss the topic using reason.

Thanks for passing along the information. People always get pissy if it's not 100% what they want to hear.
Thanks Bob. Appreciate it. I genuinely was just passing along info. I have nothing to gain from this. I’m buying my season tickets next year no matter what. I am financially invested in this program. I have no ax to grind.

He looks pretty similar to Chet right now....

Attachments

• BEB88482-69C8-4EB0-8CC9-CBFB6A9476E5.jpeg
    BEB88482-69C8-4EB0-8CC9-CBFB6A9476E5.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 8
  • 51C726E1-B43F-4924-8E15-A9C23F11E388.jpeg
    51C726E1-B43F-4924-8E15-A9C23F11E388.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 8

But he’s a SKINNY unicorn!!!

/s
So is/was Kevin Durant. He plays more like him than any other NBA player. I’m not saying he is Kevin Durant, but ranked as highly as was Durant and a perimeter player.

With USAF it's really difficult to tell if he's too stupid to realize that point or if he obnoxiously ignores common sense.
Stupid enough to know with certainty 2 years ago Pitino had to go.

But not stupid enough to fall for "my dad heard..."

Chet likely goes to the NBA as a rim protecting 3/4. Not many of them but they exist. He has held his own against every player he has gone against—which is why he is ranked #1 in his class.
I don’t know for certain that he is a 1 and done but I hope he stays in MN so we can find out. (I hope for lots of stuff that doesn’t happen)

Top Bottom