Holiday Bowl 2016

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Selfishly, was hoping Music City. I could have made the trip. But overall we ended up with a better destination.

We got the worst damn matchup x and o wise of any Big 10 team. We will never score enough points with ML7 to keep this game respectable. Nice vacation though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsu run defense is apparently alright for a pac 12 team - their pass defense is atrocious tho, so hopefully it sets the table for mitch to make some plays and go out with a win

3/12 in rush defense
11/12 in pass defense
7/12 total defense.

Oregon state is 8/12 in total defense.

Kicker looks bad and punt and kick coverage look bad.

Comes down to our defense and our offense keeping them off the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just REALLY wanted to play an SEC team. I don't give a rat's a$$ about playing Washington State, even if we do find a way to pull enough points out our rear end.

I just REALLY wanted to play an SEC team. I don't give a rat's a$$ about playing Washington State, even if we do find a way to pull enough points out our rear end.

i wouldve been down to play tennessee but lets not kind ourselves wazzu is a good team and the pac12 was the better league top to bottom this year

WSU is the worst possible matchup for us. Style is all wrong. We're basically playing the 2006 Texas Tech
team....only better. Leidner will try to keep up, but even if he manages to keep it close, he'll throw a pick
in the end trying to show he can keep pace.

WSU is the worst possible matchup for us. Style is all wrong. We're basically playing the 2006 Texas Tech
team....only better. Leidner will try to keep up, but even if he manages to keep it close, he'll throw a pick
in the end trying to show he can keep pace.

We'll try to slow it down. Run, run, run.

6pm on the 27th on ESPN. Same time as basketball opener against MSU.

Agree on terrible matchup.
Falk vs Leidner at QB is quite a contrast.
Plus fans will have to relive in video, print, etc the epic meltdown in 2006.
Good thing is we get a steady dose of Leach with his press conferences, etc. leading up to game. They are very entertaining. Interestingly, he typically has his on Mondays as opposed to Tuesdays.

I was watching the WI PSU game last night and I noticed the PSU QB could throw downfield and complete passes which helped PSU win.

I'm hoping some year we can find a QB who can throw passes.

We'll have some success on the ground, but Leidner wont be able to help himself. He'll
force some throws and get picked. On a drive, we'll run it five times for 45 yards, then he'll
force something into triple coverage trying to be a hero.

I trust that Claeys and Sawvel will be able to put together a viable defensive plan.... Comparing a Claeys/Sawvel defense to Mason's vs Texas Tech in '06 is apples vs watermelons.

I trust that Claeys and Sawvel will be able to put together a viable defensive plan.... Comparing a Claeys/Sawvel defense to Mason's vs Texas Tech in '06 is apples vs watermelons.

Mason would be the apple and Claeys would be the watermelon?

I'm pumped about the Holiday Bowl! I was going to be in San Diego this week anyways and now I can catch a fun bowl game. I've been to 2 Insight Bowls, the Citrus Bowl, and now will be at the Holiday Bowl. For some reason it feels like ML7 was a redshirt freshman when the gophers played Iowa state in the insight bowl...Hoping he can lead the Gophers to a win in his last college game!

I take it you're not happy with the matchup :)

The Gophers will be fine against WSU. It will be a close, entertaining game. Think about the TCU game last year. WSU's offense not as good as that was.

I'm glad we got the better bowl game, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't rather face Tennessee. It'd be more fun to beat an SEC team.

I'll miss it since the Big Ten basketball opener is at the same time, but I'll be sure to watch in on replay the next morning.

Why are people worried so much about the matchup? Is it the 2006 debacle? We have a better defense and different coaches.

Wazzu is 8-4 and lost to Boise State and a top 8 FCS team. The Pac 12 only has 6 bowl eligible team. Wazzu was 1-2 against those teams and didn't play USC or Utah.

Are we the home team in the Holiday Bowl, and what uniforms will the Gophers wear?

Are we the home team in the Holiday Bowl, and what uniforms will the Gophers wear?

And how full will the student section be, will the game threads shots at Claeys/Leidner start before or after the game, will the crowd be late arriving, would Mason have won or lost the game and will anybody give a damn if the crowd is sitting or standing?

Wisky was Home team last year so I'll assume it alternates and we are visitors. Uniforms - out of my realm - I'll assume Seniors will decide.

Gophers are gonna have a bowl game in California almost a month to the day I left the state to move to the east coast.

Get in here and let's hash out the matchup and logistics for a game in America's greatest city, San Diego.

Ha I also moved away to the east coast, but it was this past summer after 7 years living there. If anyone wants any recommendations I'm here for ya.

I was watching the WI PSU game last night and I noticed the PSU QB could throw downfield and complete passes which helped PSU win.

I'm hoping some year we can find a QB who can throw passes.

You also probably noticed their WRs did a great job adjusting and making a play on the ball. A few times their QB just threw it up. Both ends of our passing game needs to improve.

Top Bottom