Holiday Bowl 2016

westcoastgopher11

Reaction score
Gophers are gonna have a bowl game in California almost a month to the day I left the state to move to the east coast.

Get in here and let's hash out the matchup and logistics for a game in America's greatest city, San Diego.

Who are they playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington State?

Regardless the opponent, I'm happy for the team and those that are lucky enough to be able to travel for the game. Great destination.

And here I was hoping for the Famous Dave's Bowl at Hamline U's Klas Field.

Expected Colorado to Alamo and Washington State to Holiday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still speculation, or has it been announced? I don't see any confirmation.

media out of seattle are confirming wazzu heading to san diego.

captain leach vs claeys and co

Would be nice to know a month to what date....

Just a small little detail

game will come down to how our secondary can put a cap on the air raid - the coug defense is bad (i think in the 70s) so our offense should be able to score

Wash state will KILL us. We should not be happy to play them. Regardless of how well our D plays, our offense will NEVER score enough to beat Leach's offense.

game will come down to how our secondary can put a cap on the air raid - the coug defense is bad (i think in the 70s) so our offense should be able to score

Yup. Gonna need to score some points and hope for a good game from the secondary....
How's the WSU run defense?

A high scoring game doesn't seem to be our specialty, but would be nice to see our offense move the ball consistently for once - no matter why.

and as a former southern california resident flying into LAX is credited - you can sometimes swipe cheap fares into ontario as well

Wash state will KILL us. We should not be happy to play them. Regardless of how well our D plays, our offense will NEVER score enough to beat Leach's offense.

When's the last time a team killed the Gophers?

We should forfeit

Yep it was refundable! Will have to see Nashville another time:)

Will you make the trip to San Diego?

Great!

We'll have to decide. We were already planning a trip to Palm Springs/San Diego and AZ later in January. This may or may not alter that.

They don't run the QB. So no worries there. They've been sacked 23 times. Hope Devers is ready to go and fresh. Richardson will be the difference if he can blow things up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. Gonna need to score some points and hope for a good game from the secondary....
How's the WSU run defense?

wsu run defense is apparently alright for a pac 12 team - their pass defense is atrocious tho, so hopefully it sets the table for mitch to make some plays and go out with a win

Top Bottom