Heupel is not the new OC

If I'm not mistaken, Mitch Browning and company had 10 one year contracts. All assistants are on one year contracts.

This is where it got tricky as their contracts renewed as of a certain date...maybe Jan 1, so Maturi wanted to either re-sign Mase or else let him go as to not get stuck with 10 assistant coaches salary's as they automatically renew when the clock struck midnight on whatever date.

They were all on one year contracts and renwed each year.

Withers, Roof and Dunbar were exceptions and probably since the head coach is always given at least 3 years to get his system in place, thus allowed to hire assistants more long term.

I would assume big time coordinators at some big schools probably have multi year deals too.

A lot of it has to do with the market. Regardless of what Cal thought of Dunbar, he had an offensive coordinator job and Minnesota had to give him a guarantee for some period of time for him to make the move. Roof was a linebackers coach so to get him to take DC at Minnesota we didn't have to give more than a year-to-year contract. Cosgrove was sitting at home and Lee was an assistant coach with a year-to-year contract so the Gophers don't have to give a guaranteed contract to convince them to serve as co-DC. The only thing that would change that is if one of them had a competing offer and Minnesota had to trump the offer to keep the coach.

In corporate America this is common for VP level jobs that pay $150,000+ or jobs with high incentive pay within the compensation structure.

For what its worth, heard we have an OC and will announce tomarrow. Source would not say who it was though. I know the easy comeback is to say this was the same person who called Heupel a done deal, and thats true and fair criticism, just passing on the info.

For what its worth, heard we have an OC and will announce tomarrow. Source would not say who it was though. I know the easy comeback is to say this was the same person who called Heupel a done deal, and thats true and fair criticism, just passing on the info.

Thanks JohnnyGopher: I'm hoping the reason that Heupel is not our next OC is because we found somebody that we wanted more.

Can we assume then that it's not Heupel? I'm not sure we've actually received confirmation on that stroy....

Nice- now someone leak it!

If it's not Heupel it seems like the deal was sealed quickly. Hope that means it's someone that is excited about the opportunity. Woo hoo! Hope this helps.

seems odd

if we really have an OC hired and they will announce tomorrow, how is it that only 1 name has really been leaked to be a distinct possibility and now people are saying Heupel is not it? Does anybody have an educated guess as to who it might be if not Heupel?

Brohm from Louisville

It's going to be Brohm from Louisville or Jay Norvell from Oklahoma.

BornintheBarn,

I sent you a message earlier, but I don't know if you received it. I have no connection to the U either, but I have a very good connection to Heupel as well. We might know each other in some capacity. Shoot me a private message if you get a chance as I'd love to know your connection with Josh and the events unfolding....

I am not sure I like the Brohm candidacy as the Louisville board has a rumor that he is being demoted from OC there and was looking around for other jobs because of that demotion. It does seem like the majority of posters there don't care for their head coach Steve Kragthorpe

Could be sour grapes, could be true, more speculation.

Is their anyway that maybe Heupel is still an option or is Rival's just behind in their reporting. This article is dates 1/13? The part referring to the Gophers is is the "More Buzz" at the end of the article. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=899615

Also, I didn't know how many coaching changes were going on all over the country. No wonder it is taking some time. I am sure any good candidate we may be considering would also be candidates at other schools.

Top Bottom