Help or hurt recruiting

If the past is the best predictor of the future, there will be turmoil and uncertainty surrounding the roster and the staff, effectively preventing the team from achieveing its potential. Armelin is likely gone which I consider a significant loss. Mbakwe and Rodney both have kids and need to make money, so I think they will head off to Europe. Unless he can find a Vincent Grier this spring, nothing that has happened to date under Tubby leads me to believe that a fifth place finish is going to happen next year. I hope that you are right and I am wrong.
But we've also had times in the past where there was turmoil during the year, that hasn't happened this year. Maybe that means things are changing?

And what will your response be when Minnesota does not finish 5th or higher next season? Will you no longer be "satisfied to continue with the Tubby years"?

Probably not. But if they finish 6th- in front of Wisconsin-and make the tournament and win a game or two I could be negotiated with. :)

Meanwhile, do you think Wisky has more or less talent and experience than the Gophs next year? Still looking for that answer.

Probably not. But if they finish 6th- in front of Wisconsin-and make the tournament and win a game or two I could be negotiated with. :)

Meanwhile, do you think Wisky has more or less talent and experience than the Gophs next year? Still looking for that answer.

I know you are looking for Gopher Warrior to answer the question.....however, in my opinion, I would take the gopher roster over wiscosin's next year, assuming Rodney returns. Not even close with Trevor which is a long shot.

I know you are looking for Gopher Warrior to answer the question.....however, in my opinion, I would take the gopher roster over wiscosin's next year, assuming Rodney returns. Not even close with Trevor which is a long shot.

I agree- obviously. GW is saying that the results will not be close which seems a pretty hefty indictment of the coaching. I have been doubtful about what I have seen but am clinging to hope that a solid returning crew, added experience and size and a little luck could give Tubby new life.

I agree- obviously. GW is saying that the results will not be close which seems a pretty hefty indictment of the coaching. I have been doubtful about what I have seen but am clinging to hope that a solid returning crew, added experience and size and a little luck could give Tubby new life.

I am with you. I am unsure what to expect from Mo though. They will really need him to come out and contribute.

GW also said our results next year will be similar to this years and those who believe differently are guilty of wishful thinking. I don't recognize him as an expert. You and I have been watching the Gophers much longer than he has and are just as able to project as he is.

GW also said our results next year will be similar to this years and those who believe differently are guilty of wishful thinking. I don't recognize him as an expert. You and I have been watching the Gophers much longer than he has and are just as able to project as he is.
He also said that Gopher fans are going to miss Sampson next year because EE and Mo won't be what Sampson could've been, but hasn't been, this year. Logical, right?

Comparing yourself to local media is doing nothing but hurting your cause. Most of the things said by most of the local media are idiotic and/or completely fabricated.

"Well we don't have Dance Dance Revolution so...you're dumb."

A game like that doesn't hurt recruiting. Tyus and Vaughn aren't coming here anyway, so the game didn't matter. Our recruiting is down to getting leftovers from WI and an occasional 3 star from out of state. We will always get decent kids from in-state but until we win we will lost most of the really good ones. Actually Monson did very well in keeping the highest kids here with Rickert and Humphries.

I am with you. I am unsure what to expect from Mo though. They will really need him to come out and contribute.

If he's healthy- I think he will be a very good player. He was already pretty decent as a pure frosh at 325#. He looks like he might be 270 or so now and he's got a very good shooting stroke. Good passer who doesn't stand and look at his target for 5 seconds.....I don't think he has a lot of vertical but he's be solid.

If he's healthy- I think he will be a very good player. He was already pretty decent as a pure frosh at 325#. He looks like he might be 270 or so now and he's got a very good shooting stroke. Good passer who doesn't stand and look at his target for 5 seconds.....I don't think he has a lot of vertical but he's be solid.
Sure would be nice to get a report from someone who's attended some practices and got a good look at him. I'm worried he might be getting counted on a little too heavily. Really hope I'm wrong.

OK... I'm not sure what you're saying. You seem to be stating a minimum of what you'd like from the team next year... but also stating that if they don't make that minimum.. well, maybe you're OK with that also?.. so maybe you don't really 'expect' 5th place or better?

Next year... Wisconsin has more talent and more experience than the Gophers.

Top Bottom