Hayo still taking visits?

TWeber

Reaction score
A friend told me that Hayo Carpenter is scheduled to visit Iowa State soon. Wonder what this means? Just looking for a free trip? If so, you would think he would pick somewhere south.

With no OC in place I can't say that I blame him. Don't want to lose this kid.

gopher lady just posted something about hayo not too long ago and he said despite everything that he was still 100% committed to the gophs. tweb could you provide a link?

Delano Johnson from College of the Sequoias, also recruited by the U of MN, is scheduled to visit Iowa State this weekend. Do he and Carpenter (also at a California JC) somehow know each other? Why would ANYONE "just take a trip" to anywhere in Iowa unless they had relatives there or were hunting? I don't have premium access to Rivals, but there was nothing about Carpenter taking visits on Scout.

In response to this rumor, Hayo Carpenter told GopherHole.com: "No that's not true at all. I'm a Gopher."

According to the ISU Scout site, Carpenter is visiting Ames this weekend with a big group of recruits. Brewster better get an O-Coordinator hired soon because the Gophers can't afford any players leaving after giving their verbals for months now.

Message from Hayo

I've got to believe the kid, and have no reason not to. This is what he just sent me when I told him the ISU Scout site had him visiting:
No, that's not true. That must be another Carpenter because I'm going to visit my Mom and Sisters in Vegas this weekend. I'm 110% commited to Minnesota, and I'm giving everyone my word that I'm not visiting schools.
I'll take his word, and am happy he's still a Gopher!

Rumors, rumors, and more rumors :mad:

I think I'll stick with GopherLady on this one and take Hayo's own words above the words of somebody else.

He is a Gopher...if Jedd Fisch is the new OC it would be perfect for Hayo to be molded into a NFL WR

Exactly. Our receivers and QB's should love the new OC. NFL experience developing WR's and QB's. Just like our linemen and RB's should love Davis as running game coordinator.

I've got to believe the kid, and have no reason not to. This is what he just sent me when I told him the ISU Scout site had him visiting:

I'll take his word, and am happy he's still a Gopher!

When someone says "I give you my word" I tend to believe them. Most people don't use that phrase unless they really mean it.

ISU scout.com must be mistaken

thisis what it says:

The Iowa State staff will be hosting the following official visitors this weekend:

Jarvis Phillips, ATH, Dallas (TX) Carter High School, 6-0, 185-pounds

Hayo Carpenter, WR, College of the Canyons (CA) Santa Clarita, 5-11, 185-pounds

Larvez Mars, ILB, Apopka (FL) Apopka High School, 5-11, 205-pounds

Billy Foster, WR, College of the Sequoias (CA) Visalia, 5-10, 175-pounds

Kyle Lichtenberg, OT, Bettendorf (IA) Bettendorf High School, 6-6, 250-pounds

Josh Lenz, WR, Dubuque (IA) Hempstead High School, 6-0, 180-pounds

Jake Knott, LB, Waukee (IA) Waukee High School, 6-3, 205-pounds

Mike Lang, WR, Largo (FL) Largo High School, 6-0, 180-pounds

Walter Woods, DT/LB, Palmdale (CA) Palmdale High School, 6-0, 275

I'll take Hayo's word (via GL and staff). Scout has made mistakes before, and seems to be misinformed some how with this report

Its going to be great watching Hayo line up along side Decker next year. This are looking better each year.

I am going with Hayo's word as well.

The Scouts site for ISU is a little confusing.

1) He is not listed on the visits tab (only one recruit is).
2) He is not listed on the prospects tab.
3) On his list of interested schools ISU is not even on the list.

Not buying what Scouts is selling! Can't wait to see Hayo in Maroon and Gold!!!!!

Top Bottom