Has Josh Martin just decided to be a Gopher?!

Adonys Henriquez must be low quality.

Of course not. It would be awesome to get him to commit. But from what I've seen that doesn't seem great. You also don't seem to have a grasp of what I'm saying. Just because someone isn't high quality doesn't mean they're low quality either.

Last couple of high quality kids? There are plenty of kids that go unranked by the recruiting services that go on to have good college careers. Lachance and Martin aren't the only two quality players left.

Maybe this is just my logic here, but here's how I break it down when it comes to high quality recruits we are going after.
Tyus- Duke or Kansas
Reid- Duke, Gonzaga, or Stanford
Henriquez- UCF (he just committed)
Rashad- Still a shot, but not a great one

Martin- We've got him
LaChance- Hopefully we can nab him from Iowa and Vandy

He isn't but he is going to UCF.

Where did you see this? Are you basing this on the crystal ball predictions? He is reportedly scheduled to visit in two weeks. EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw his commitment in another thread.

Also worth noting that Josh Cunningham is supposed to visit that same weekend. Looks like he is consensus top 150 (per 247sports.) So not all hope is lost. (I am trying to remain positive.)

Maybe this is just my logic here, but here's how I break it down when it comes to high quality recruits we are going after.
Tyus- Duke or Kansas
Reid- Duke, Gonzaga, or Stanford
Henriquez- UCF (he just committed)
Rashad- Still a shot, but not a great one

Martin- We've got him
LaChance- Hopefully we can nab him from Iowa and Vandy

It kind of depends on who's opinion you hear, but some feel Travis is legitimately considering the U. I wouldn't cross him off just yet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Next time stay for a while, like 4 yrs! RT <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshMartin_206">@joshmartin_206</a>: Just landed in Minneapolis. Layover in Minnesota on my way home. What's up?? Lol</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/384383774060195841">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Apologies, I'm a little slow today, not getting the gist of his tweet.

Does his tweet seem to be indicating he'll be a Gopher or a Pitt Panther?

I'm still holding out hope for Martin, LaChance, Travis and Vaughn for our class. If Vaughn is planning on playing just one year, it makes too much sense to stay home and be worshiped. We would have plenty of shots for both he and Andre. Back that up with Illikainen, Ellenson and Johnson and lets roll!

The vibe is for the Gophers but it sure is odd that he would make that insinuation while on his visit to Pitt. What are they saying on the Panther message boards?

If my kid was tweeting innuendo about committing to a different school then the one he is currently officially visiting, I'd make him walk home. They pay your way out, take you out for dinner, etc.. Insanely disrespectful. What a db.

Quite the assumption on your part. Martin tweeted this on Wednesday:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sometimes you do stuff you don't want to do. But you have to. That's life.</p>— Josh (AVATAR) Martin (@JoshMartin_206) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshMartin_206/statuses/382740339737382913">September 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

He tweeted this after apparently having a great time on his Minnesota visit. Maybe his parents made him go on the Pitt visit even though he didn't want to go? And saying he made up his mind to Minnesota, even though he was on a visit to Pitt, was his way of driving home his point despite not wanting to be there. I'm only making assumptions and admit I could be wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time a young kid disagreed with his parents and wanted to rebel a little.

Josh Martin just got moved out of the top 100 and is now only a 2 star on ESPN, he is currently not even in the top 150 on scout, rivals or 247 either

Josh Martin just got moved out of the top 100 and is now only a 2 star on ESPN, he is currently not even in the top 150 on scout, rivals or 247 either

Confusing. He had a strong summer so what would justify dropping him from 4 to 2 stars? Maybe there is something to the MN bias?

Scout doesn't have a top 150. If they did maybe he would be in it. Looks like they don't even have a top 100 this year. Just a top 99 instead (they have the same player listed twice at 90). That site has some embarrassing problems sometimes.

I would think if he doesn't choose Pitt, then the Pitt fans would think he was leading them on by saying he made his decision on his visit there and then choosing someone else afterward.

Uggh. Either way Martin is going to pi$$ off a lot of fans. If he chooses Pitt, MN fans will think he's a jerk for leading us on by retweeting and favoring all tweets about him picking MN. If he chooses MN, Pitt fans will get pi$$ed because he essentially announced via Twitter that he chose MN while on his Pitt visit. And if he chooses any other school, he will pi$$ off Pitt and MN fans for the reasons above.

Uggh. Either way Martin is going to pi$$ off a lot of fans. If he chooses Pitt, MN fans will think he's a jerk for leading us on by retweeting and favoring all tweets about him picking MN. If he chooses MN, Pitt fans will get pi$$ed because he essentially announced via Twitter that he chose MN while on his Pitt visit. And if he chooses any other school, he will pi$$ off Pitt and MN fans for the reasons above.

I could care less if he ends up p*ssing off Pitt fans.

Confusing. He had a strong summer so what would justify dropping him from 4 to 2 stars? Maybe there is something to the MN bias?

I don't know why, he is definitely a top 100 player imo. I also do not get paid to evaluate players so they know more than me. I would be happy with getting Martin, seems like he would cause some match up problems at the 3 and 4 with his quickness and shooting ability.

Really how many gopher fans are following this guys twitter account? Outside of the 50 regulars on the site, who would really know?

Isn't it possible that some tweets are for national/ regional consumption while others are for a person's inner circle? So a nice kid like Martin could be addressing his inner circle re "I made a decision" rather than any school in particular. Look at the recruitee's perspective, pretty life changing exciting stuff leading to spontaneous comments.

That depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty? Seems for a lot of posters it's half empty. He has favorite every one of my Tweets about him being a Gopher..... and then there's his pic with Lauren, the attractive blond from Minnesota....
Come on guys, try to be just a little positive.

I don't know why, he is definitely a top 100 player imo. I also do not get paid to evaluate players so they know more than me. I would be happy with getting Martin, seems like he would cause some match up problems at the 3 and 4 with his quickness and shooting ability.

I agree. Once the board decides we like a kid, I don't care how high he is rated.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Seattle (Wa) PF Josh Martin tells me he will announce his decision today via twitter. Will <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> grab their 1st?? <a href="http://t.co/KA8n5zLZQq">http://t.co/KA8n5zLZQq</a></p>— Kyle Goblirsch (@Gobie247) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gobie247/statuses/384632187464593409">September 30, 2013</a></blockquote>

Also, stop sending messages to Josh via twitter, even if he does commit to the U today. It's a NCAA violation if you've ever bought a ticket or shirt.

http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=538&tid=192442321&mid=192442321&sid=996&style=2

Also, stop sending messages to Josh via twitter, even if he does commit to the U today. It's a NCAA violation if you've ever bought a ticket or shirt. http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=538&tid=192442321&mid=192442321&sid=996&style=2

I think most everyone realizes this is a violation, but literally every school does it. I don't think there is one who doesn't. I think it does carry weight with recruits too, feeling wanted. Hence why it is a violation.

Tough to sit back and say "But it's a violationnnnnn!!!!" While UNC, UK, Duke, etc. fans blow up Tyus and Rashad and Reid on twitter and they love it. .

I think most everyone realizes this is a violation, but literally every school does it. I don't think there is one who doesn't. I think it does carry weight with recruits too, feeling wanted. Hence why it is a violation.

Tough to sit back and say "But it's a violationnnnnn!!!!" While UNC, UK, Duke, etc. fans blow up Tyus and Rashad and Reid on twitter and they love it. .

IALTO

How is it enforceable? How can the NCAA tell by your Twitter account if you are a booster/season ticket holder? How can they tell if you are truly a fan of the U or a fan of Ioaw trying to get the U in trouble? The NCAA cannot subpoena Twitter for records, so it's a completely unenforceable rule, not that Twitter records would be able to show/prove anything anyhow.

I'm truly curious how it could ever be enforced, so someone please explain.

IALTO

How is it enforceable? How can the NCAA tell by your Twitter account if you are a booster/season ticket holder? How can they tell if you are truly a fan of the U or a fan of Ioaw trying to get the U in trouble? The NCAA cannot subpoena Twitter for records, so it's a completely unenforceable rule, not that Twitter records would be able to show/prove anything anyhow.

The NCAA has ways of making people talk?:)

IALTO

How can they tell if you're a booster? I'd say it's a dead giveaway when the only message you send to a kid is the one asking him to commit to your favorite school. Subpeona twitter records? These aren't laws. The NCAA makes up its own rules. They haven't penalized the social media boosters illegally recruiting, but it's not because they can't.

How can they tell if you're a booster? I'd say it's a dead giveaway when the only message you send to a kid is the one asking him to commit to your favorite school. Subpeona twitter records? These aren't laws. The NCAA makes up its own rules. They haven't penalized the social media boosters illegally recruiting, but it's not because they can't.

So let's all make twitter accounts posing as Wisconsin fans to get them in trouble with the NCAA ... :rolleyes:

The same could be said for offering a car or $20,000 in cash.

Top Bottom