great theme songs from tv or movies

For movies, James Bond theme song

Cable shows, The Sopranos

Network TV: Hawaii Five-0

I always like the Magnificent Seven theme song. Everybody smoked Marlboros.
Just watched the movie a few nights ago. 1960 version. Great choice.

Also reminds me of The Big Country, Gregory Peck movie. Awesome theme song.

If you've ever even heard of this show--much less watched it--you're one of the few. Two-hour feature pilot "Probe" that became the short-lived series "Search." I loved it best for its groovy and kick-ass theme.

The Godfather main theme:

And this:

interestingly, 60s, 70s, and 80s television had great theme music. just iconic music everywhere. the 90s not so much.

I don't know how to do the "post a clip" thing - but

the theme song for "The Prisoner" is one of my favorite TV themes. It was a cult British TV series with Patrick McGoohan as a former secret agent who is kidnapped and taken to a strange village where they try to get him to reveal information. A very trippy show. I suspect most of the people who watched it were under some type of chemical influence.

I don't know how to do the "post a clip" thing - but

the theme song for "The Prisoner" is one of my favorite TV themes. It was a cult British TV series with Patrick McGoohan as a former secret agent who is kidnapped and taken to a strange village where they try to get him to reveal information. A very trippy show. I suspect most of the people who watched it were under some type of chemical influence.

Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Been rewatching it every Sat. morning for a while now. I know more than a few diehards out there. "Be seeing you."

Top Bottom