Gophers vs. UNLV on TV

So, you are single and gay? :)

Who ever he is he is in charge of the remote and all things electrical and I believe also cooking. Next question, can we get the UNLV game on his TV?

Well you can reserve a front row seat on the porch ... Free G&T's & HD.

Here is the solution to station19's ability to watch the Gophers/UNLV game. By posting this on GopherHole, (post 24 on this thread), freshtrout has hereby made an open invitation, and I don't care if station19 is not a chick or a dude, as long as he cooks for us as we get free G&T's too.

Go Gophers!!!

So, for anyone besides me that has DirecTV and was freaking out about the on-screen guide not having the game on, I have some encouraging news. I called CBSsports Network this morning, and they assured me the game will be on regardless of which provider I had. Still doesn't show up on the guide, but it should be straightened out.

Also, the guy on the phone was super cool. He asked me which team I was rooting for, and then said how pumped they were to have a Big 10 school on the schedule to kick off the season. Purely customer service BS, but still cool that he took the time...

So, for anyone besides me that has DirecTV and was freaking out about the on-screen guide not having the game on, I have some encouraging news. I called CBSsports Network this morning, and they assured me the game will be on regardless of which provider I had. Still doesn't show up on the guide, but it should be straightened out.

Also, the guy on the phone was super cool. He asked me which team I was rooting for, and then said how pumped they were to have a Big 10 school on the schedule to kick off the season. Purely customer service BS, but still cool that he took the time...

I have Charter and my guide listings don't go out that far. I checked the TV Guide website and it was listed as being on Charter.

Here's the link....select your location and provider.
http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

Will be in East Lansing, so hoping somehow our hotel has CBS College Sports. They have BTN, MLB & Fox Detroit, so maybe they'll have CBSCS, too. Otherwise I'll have to follow the scroll on ESPN.

Pretty cool. Whenever I get exceptional service/a nice worker with anything, I make sure their superiors know. It goes a long way. At least I hope

I'm just hoping that I will be able to watch the game somewhere! Not sure how much access i will have to those channels. No chance that BTN picks up this one I would assume....

I'm just hoping that I will be able to watch the game somewhere! Not sure how much access i will have to those channels. No chance that BTN picks up this one I would assume....

You are correct, no chance the BTN picks it up. Any BWW will have it on. Check with your local watering holes in West Central Minnesota!

You are correct, no chance the BTN picks it up. Any BWW will have it on. Check with your local watering holes in West Central Minnesota!

Pretty sure that is what I am going to have to do! Just have to go to my favorite bar in hopes that they will have it!

In case anyone else has Charter.

I just made a call to Charter and their add on tier has changed.

The tier is now $10 per mo instead of $5...includes about 20+ channels including nfl & nfl redzone.
Still pro-rated per day but there is no charge to add on or drop...used to be 1.95 each time.

End result, I can pick up the game for 33 cents...add one day drop the next.
:cheer:

In case anyone else has Charter.

I just made a call to Charter and their add on tier has changed.

The tier is now $10 per mo instead of $5...includes about 20+ channels including nfl & nfl redzone.
Still pro-rated per day but there is no charge to add on or drop...used to be 1.95 each time.

End result, I can pick up the game for 33 cents...add one day drop the next.
:cheer:

I don't know about Charter but DTV and others usually require you to have a month at a time so people don't do this type of thing.

If you are near Alexandria, the game is on at my house!

Comcast customers might check for CBS Sports on channels 274 or 871 HD.

If you are a Comcast customer, you need a $10 additional sports package (can't remember what they call it) to get CBS Sports.

In June, I wanted to watch The 24 Hours of Le Mans on The Speed Channel but did not have it. Then I remembered something I have done a few times in my 20 years as a cable customer. I called Comcast and asked if there was a better way to configure my service. There was. About 10 minutes later I had the additional sports package, with The Speed Channel and CBS Sports, and my bill was $30 per month LOWER.

If you have been a Comcast customer for a few years, it is worth a try. Maybe with other providers as well.

Sorry, this may be a little bit off topic, but I am living in Beijing. For a gopher fan stranded in Beijing, it is very difficult to catch a game. For one thing there is a 13 hour time difference. For another, most international satellite tv is illegal. And the government has taken upon itself to censor a lot of the internet.

I could go into details about some of the stuff I have done in order to watch some gopher sports over the last few years living here. But I won't go into it right now.

I fear I may miss the opening game of the season this year, and was wondering if there are any techie types that are planning on recording the game in a digital format and be willing to send it my way.

I know that there is slim to no chance of somebody putting in this type of work, but I also thought that there is no harm in asking, Right?

Anyways, looking forward to the game. Whether I am able to watch it or not.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

I fear I may miss the opening game of the season this year, and was wondering if there are any techie types that are planning on recording the game in a digital format and be willing to send it my way.

I know that there is slim to no chance of somebody putting in this type of work, but I also thought that there is no harm in asking, Right?

If I knew how to do it, I would in a heartbeat for you. There has to be someone who can help a Gopher in China out??

If I knew how to do it, I would in a heartbeat for you. There has to be someone who can help a Gopher in China out??

Thats my hope. Thanks for the sentiments though. Appreciate it.

If you are a Comcast customer, you need a $10 additional sports package (can't remember what they call it) to get CBS Sports.

In June, I wanted to watch The 24 Hours of Le Mans on The Speed Channel but did not have it. Then I remembered something I have done a few times in my 20 years as a cable customer. I called Comcast and asked if there was a better way to configure my service. There was. About 10 minutes later I had the additional sports package, with The Speed Channel and CBS Sports, and my bill was $30 per month LOWER.

If you have been a Comcast customer for a few years, it is worth a try. Maybe with other providers as well.

Comcast's packages differ by region. For the Brooklyn Park territory CBS Sports is on the Digital Preferred tier, not the sports tier.

Sorry, this may be a little bit off topic, but I am living in Beijing. For a gopher fan stranded in Beijing, it is very difficult to catch a game. For one thing there is a 13 hour time difference. For another, most international satellite tv is illegal. And the government has taken upon itself to censor a lot of the internet.

I could go into details about some of the stuff I have done in order to watch some gopher sports over the last few years living here. But I won't go into it right now.

Anyways, looking forward to the game. Whether I am able to watch it or not.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu

Haugy-

Double check. The Rice vs. UCLA game is on CBS Sports Network, but at 6:30 Central time. They have a doubleheader. Gophers vs. UNLV follows that game.

Top Bottom