Gophers vs. UNLV on TV

Reaction score
According to the schedule, the gophers are going to be playing on the cbs sports network and I don't have that channel on my cable service. Does anybody know if there are any other channels the game will air on or any internet live stream links that the game would be on. I know the games still a little over a month away so it's probably to know anything or the channel might even change but just don't to miss it knowing that I'm not going down to Vegas.

I am a new subscriber...and I am a Gopher! Been watching and
reading for a year or more. In fact, since Coach Kill came on board.
Love what "the man" is doing! Go Gophers!

BTW...Thanks for the info about the TV coverage and the locator!

It's an add-on tier for me. Guess I'll have to pony up an extra $4-5.

I am amazed at how many people don't get any variety of channels that Comcast just offers up in almost all of their packages, yet they are widely panned by consumers everywhere.

Omega015 said:
I am amazed at how many people don't get any variety of channels that Comcast just offers up in almost all of their packages, yet they are widely panned by consumers everywhere.

Hmmmmm......Comcast employee?

Omega015 said:
It is possible to not despise Comcast. If I was an employee I would have ended my post with an offer to bundle a land-line.

I don't despise it - I have Comcast. As an employee can you help bring my costs down? $180 is pretty steep! :)

firstrowsports.eu

This might have a live stream of it on the internet, but it just depends on if someone is actually willing to set one up for the game. I would check it on game day as a last resort. You never know if they might have it.

It is so expensive, it's not even funny. I'd been a customer for years because I didn't have a dish. I had HD on one TV, a DVR and their digital preferred package and my bill was north of $120. Now I have Direct TV, pretty much identical channels, except I have 3 HD TVs now. My bill is $58 dollars a month. After 12 months, it will go up to $70, but that's still a pretty good savings.

One thing I have learned is that you may be able to get a lower rate with Comcast if you call them and threaten to cancel your service. Sometimes it worked for me, sometimes it didn't. I didn't even bother trying at the end because I knew I wouldn't have to put up with it any longer, but if you're stuck with them, or just like having cable, it's worth a shot.

Breakin' The Plane said:
It is so expensive, it's not even funny. I'd been a customer for years because I didn't have a dish. I had HD on one TV, a DVR and their digital preferred package and my bill was north of $120. Now I have Direct TV, pretty much identical channels, except I have 3 HD TVs now. My bill is $58 dollars a month. After 12 months, it will go up to $70, but that's still a pretty good savings.

One thing I have learned is that you may be able to get a lower rate with Comcast if you call them and threaten to cancel your service. Sometimes it worked for me, sometimes it didn't. I didn't even bother trying at the end because I knew I wouldn't have to put up with it any longer, but if you're stuck with them, or just like having cable, it's worth a shot.

58$ - What sports channels do you get with that? BTN and FSN?

Comcast is charging $10 to add this channel.
Why doesn't the BTN pick this game up?
Where are the local affiliates in all this???

Wait... I thought the reason we moved to Thursday night was to have the game nationally televised. Now I know someone will probably say that the add-on CBS sportsnetwork is a national broadcast, but lets be honest, anytime you have to use a channel search to find out what station you team is playing on really cannot be considered a nationally broadcasted game.

I'm curious to see if people really think it was worth moving this game to Thursday night?

The game should be on ESPN U because every game that opens the season on thursday night every year are usually on ESPN U like a couple years ago when we played Mid Tenn St. we played on a thursday night on ESPN U.

The game should be on ESPN U because every game that opens the season on thursday night every year are usually on ESPN U like a couple years ago when we played Mid Tenn St. we played on a thursday night on ESPN U.

good point geek.

Neither channel is hd for me.

Well you can reserve a front row seat on the porch ... Free G&T's & HD.

Wait... I thought the reason we moved to Thursday night was to have the game nationally televised. Now I know someone will probably say that the add-on CBS sportsnetwork is a national broadcast, but lets be honest, anytime you have to use a channel search to find out what station you team is playing on really cannot be considered a nationally broadcasted game.

I'm curious to see if people really think it was worth moving this game to Thursday night?

If the game remained on Saturday, there's a good chance it was not going to get televised at all. So, yes, the move to Thursday was probably worth it.

National exposure was part of it. If this were a Saturday game we'd still be buried on a niche channel (due to the Mountain West's crappy TV contracts) and it would be even more lost in the glut of games that first Saturday. Now the Gophers are the first B1G team playing and one of only 6 games being played that night. At the time they play the only go up against 1 other game (Wazzou @ BYU, ESPN at 9:15 CST). They would have played the same time on Saturday and would have been up against 3 games with a higher profile than WSU @ BYU.

The other part of it is rest/travel time for the team. Coach Kill said several times when the change was announced that he preferred it b/c it gave them more time to get home, get rested, and get prepped for UNH.

I think it was totally worth it based on the travel benefits for the team alone. But I'm also speaking as someone who isn't negatively affected by the change since I'm not going to the game in person.

So, I have DirecTV and this morning I wanted to set my DVR for the opener just in case there was some emergency that pops up that would prevent me from watching. I went to CBSSports network, channel 613 and as of now they are not showing the Gophers game as being on at 10pm on Thursday the 30th. Its some PBR Highlight Show crap. Should we be worried? Do I have a piece of info incorrect? Or are we just too far out for the guide to be reliable??

Top Bottom