Gophers Still Have A Good Chance at NCAA Berth

Dwight Schrute

When I die I want to be frozen
Reaction score
If The Gophers Win out, lets face the facts, We are In the NCAA Touney!! If We Don't We are in the NIT. The Schrute Home says never give up!

- Hopefully the NCAA will take it into account that we should have beat Michigan State and Purdue!

- Lets hope the NCAA selection committee takes it into account that we lost two of our top recruits

- We likely should have between 25-27 wins by not losing our top recruits and by winning games we should not have lost. Like Obamba projecting the number of jobs saved by the stimulous, I am projecting the games we would have/should have won. Lets hope the selection committee thinks like Obamba....

- Its time to be positive

Should have beat Purdue? I don't think that's the way most people are going to remember tonight. I think they'll remember Purdue being up 26-14 (or something), and then Hummel going down after scoring 11 of those.

Gophers have close to ZERO chance for an at large birth. Only route to NCAAs is winning the tournament.

Good chance?? LMAO at that statement. Chances of winning tournament have to be about 5%. So you are saying 5% is a good chance?? I'll take the other side of that bet any day.

We have a chance. And if we win out, we are in! I only speak the Facts!

I do know that Dwight Schrute only speaks facts. Either way, this loss is one of the worst I have felt in a loooooooooong time. Simply devastating.

If we win our last 3 regular season and 2 in the BTT we have an OK shot. Nothing short of that will do it.

FWIW, the Selection Comittee does not take into account missing recruits. Only injuries and only if the player will return for the tournament. None of which applies to the Gophers.

I do know that Dwight Schrute only speaks facts. Either way, this loss is one of the worst I have felt in a loooooooooong time. Simply devastating.

Be positive, This was a good loss tonight. You can build a team around a loss like this. They were the #3 NCAA team in the world and we only lost by 1 point. Some losses are good and this was one of them. We played this game the right way, I would rather lose one like this then win one by not doing it the right way and getting lucky. Purdue should be more upset with this win then we should be by losing by 1 point if you ask me.

The NIT will be great experience for the Gophers next season, look what it has done for Penn State!!!

We need to win at least the next 5 games to be on the bubble, and 6 to get in. And pray Illinois bows out of the tourney early.

22-11 should be good enough for a tourney birth

Schrute, the season is dead, without a tourney win. Hardly see them winning at Illinois after this loss, and yes, Westbrook is a head case, he cost the team dearly tonight. He certainly doesn't mean too, but he did. Game-set-match.

If we win out we are in the NCAA.....Lets be positive. A loss like this might propell us to hit that next level and gel at the right time? Tubby can pull us together.

I've played on some teams where losses really pulled us together as a team. If you have the right attitude, a loss can be a win if you view it this way. If the Gophers can view it this way, staying positive, they can win-out. We proved it tonight we can play with any team in the country.

We need to win at least the next 5 games to be on the bubble, and 6 to get in. And pray Illinois bows out of the tourney early.

22-11 should be good enough for a tourney birth

22 W on March 14 has a good chance of earning NCAA bid.

But it's LONGshot to get to 22 W.

If The Gophers Win out, lets face the facts, We are In the NCAA Touney!! If We Don't We are in the NIT. The Schrute Home says never give up!

- Hopefully the NCAA will take it into account that we should have beat Michigan State and Purdue!

- Lets hope the NCAA selection committee takes it into account that we lost two of our top recruits

- We likely should have between 25-27 wins by not losing our top recruits and by winning games we should not have lost. Like Obamba projecting the number of jobs saved by the stimulous, I am projecting the games we would have/should have won. Lets hope the selection committee thinks like Obamba....

Well you are positive, that is for sure. Also you must buy your kool-aid in 50 gallon buckets...

Be positive, This was a good loss tonight. You can build a team around a loss like this. They were the #3 NCAA team in the world and we only lost by 1 point. Some losses are good and this was one of them. We played this game the right way, I would rather lose one like this then win one by not doing it the right way and getting lucky. Purdue should be more upset with this win then we should be by losing by 1 point if you ask me.

IMO, no such thing as a good loss. I would not want to be a fan of a team that builds around blown leads at home...I thought the Gophs played well tonight. Purdue is just pain better.

Schrute, like the attitude, but not much time and no room for error. It could happen, but like the commercial, odds better getting mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear on the same day......

Team USA Hockey in 1980 were better because they lost to the Russians just prior to the Olympics. The Gophers need to use this as their loss to the Russians. A loss can be a win if you let it. I say we won tonight...

Just remember, you don't pull Tretiak (the USSR Goalie), that is who got you there. So the Gophers should not pull Iverson, Westbrook, etc. We need to gel as a team....

What is the name of the drug you are taking? I want to be on it too.

I totally agree they still have a chance... it's not going to be easy, but it's doable

Yes, should've beat Purdue. Do you really want to get into a debate about missing personnel? We should've won because we were up almost the entire second half and flopped in the last minute like usual. That's why we should've won. Injuries happen and so do suspensions as you've seen. Obviously the loss of Hummel hurt, but you guys couldn't figure out how to beat the zone either.

Should have beat Purdue? I don't think that's the way most people are going to remember tonight. I think they'll remember Purdue being up 26-14 (or something), and then Hummel going down after scoring 11 of those.

Team USA Hockey in 1980 were better because they lost to the Russians just prior to the Olympics. The Gophers need to use this as their loss to the Russians. A loss can be a win if you let it. I say we won tonight...

Just remember, you don't pull Tretiak (the USSR Goalie), that is who got you there. So the Gophers should not pull Iverson, Westbrook, etc. We need to gel as a team....

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Nice Picture!! Again, we need to build on this loss and win out, then we are in! I thnk Maturi has the same attitude I do, Thus we are winners, even in loses we win with the right attitude.

Top Bottom