Gophers receive a commitment from La Porte, Texas DL Albert Regis!

Jared.Hines

Reaction score
On Wednesday afternoon, the Gophers picked up a commitment from Albert Regis, a 6’1’’ 290-pound ATH from La Porte, Texas. Regis is a three-star recruit according to 24/7 Sports.

Regis had 13 total offers including from Virginia Tech, Baylor and Houston. Watching his film, you see Regis able to get off the line quickly and create separation. He has past experience playing TE and FB in high school and has an overall skill set that Gophers fans should be really excited about. He is expected to play DL for Minnesota when he arrives on campus.

According to Vype Texas, Regis is an honor roll student who enjoys Anime because of the motivational quotes that apply to everyday life. His goal is to make it to the NFL and get drafted by the Texans.

You can follow the new Gophers commit on Twitter and Instagram!

Check out his film below to see what we are getting when Regis joins the Gophers in 2021!

Video: Albert Regis 2021

Depending upon where you look he weighs somewhere between 260 and 300 pound. Either way he moves pretty good and I’m guessing he will get a redshirt year. Welcome aboard!

Is it wrong to say I like him on offense??

Kid plays both ways for his high school and is pretty darn versatile for a 290-pounder.

In the film I watched, he lined up at DT on defense along with TE and FB on offense. Has soft hands as well. But the thing that obviously stands out is how well he moves for a guy that size.

It'll be interesting to see how the Gophers use him during his career in maroon and gold.

Yep, he was first team all-district as a TE. He’s really athletic. His defensive highlights are toward the end of the video.

Being committed to the #10 team in the country will get him a ratings bump too. The Fleck bump. Just a HS junior. He is going to be a monster. I feel good tonight.

per Megan:

Defensive tackle Albert Regis committed to the Gophers on Wednesday, announcing his decision on his social media platforms.

The La Porte, Texas, native is 6-1, 295 pounds. He is a three-star recruit, per 247Sports.com, and plays for La Porte High School.

Regis had offers from other schools such as Baylor, TCU, SMU, Tennessee and Illinois. He is the ninth player to commit to the Gophers during the coronavirus pandemic, which has shut down all recruiting travel and visits. He is the 14th member of the 2021 class overall, which currently ranks sixth in the nation and second in the Big Ten conference, per 247Sports.com.

Go Gophers!!

I’m real excited about Regis. It’s going to be fun having somebody this athletic on our DL

Yep, he was first team all-district as a TE. He’s really athletic. His defensive highlights are toward the end of the video.

Athleticism on offense is very cool for a fellow of his size; his speed and strength on defense is impressive. He was running down RBs.

How would you like to be playing Safety on goal-line defense and look up and see this kid lined up at FB in front of Ibrahim? If it were me, I'd immediately fall to the turf with an imaginary leg cramp.

How would you like to be playing Safety on goal-line defense and look up and see this kid lined up at FB in front of Ibrahim? If it were me, I'd immediately fall to the turf with an imaginary leg cramp.
with Green as QB? We can then motion Faalele over to block on that side aswell! we can call it the wildcat pancake flop package.

Top Bottom