Gophers QBs could face a battle from Philip Nelson

Clearly Shortell should be made a TE, Gray moved back to WR, Foreman made a RB, and Leidner moved to DE. No need for other QBs with Nelson on the roster.

Ludicrous....we already have "Moses" at TE, who will part the B10 and lead us to the promised land

Some will do like early last year with Shortell - they will demand that Gray moves to WR and Nelson starts at QB.

I never wanted Shortell to start last year or do I want Nelson to start this fall but Nelson is something very special. There is a reason why Tom Lemming named him the most under rated player in the nation and why Coach Kill is so excited about him. I have watched him at several practices this spring and he has shown that he has the physical, mental, and leadership skills to take him to the highest level. Unlike Rosemountain I believe that my or his opinion really are not important. What counts is the coaching staff's opinions, not what the experts here at the GopherHole think. The coaches are the ones who will be making the decision as to when Nelson should play.

Some of you understandably are reserving judgement on Nelson and need to see him perform in a a game before you are convinced. I on the other hand have seen enough to believe that Nelson is one of those rare player that has that very special gift of "it". Maybe some of you may see it tomorrow.

After reading this thread, the choice is obvious. We better start Mr.Nelson this year, so we at least get to enjoy an all-time season before he declares for the 2013 NFL draft. Apparently he is the second coming

He can't declare until 2015.:p

Top Bottom