Gophers open as a 3 point dog

So you don't think winning this week is a pivotable point in the season? This game was considered a likely win back in August. I know Vegas places odds to get as much $$$ bet as possible, but it still suggests the Huskers are the better team in their view.

I get some fans downplaying the importance of this game. Coaches love fans having low expectations.

But after the hype of this summer... this is a game the Gophs must win.
Pivotal and must win are totally different phrases.

Agreed. It's a must win for what? We aren't winning the West unless we beat Iowa AND they lose another game which seems unlikely. Bowl eligibility? Hopefully we can take care of IL, NW, MD.

Agreed. It's a must win for what? We aren't winning the West unless we beat Iowa AND they lose another game which seems unlikely. Bowl eligibility? Hopefully we can take care of IL, NW, MD.
Brave is the Gopher fan who counts chickens ...

Not true. Gophers run the table and win the West with the head to head tiebreaker over Iowa. We only would have the 1 B1G loss.

...winning the West unless we beat Iowa AND they lose another game...
It would first be conference record, and if we win out, that would give both the Gophers and iowa a single B10 loss. First tie-breaker is head-to-head, which we would own.

Assuming both teams run the table ex-the Gopher/iowa game.

It would first be conference record, and if we win out, that would give both the Gophers and iowa a single B10 loss. First tie-breaker is head-to-head, which we would own.

Assuming both teams run the table ex-the Gopher/iowa game.
I guess I was thinking we had 2 B1G losses already. BG should count for 2 losses perhaps.

Not in this context.

Lose, and things could go down the capper real quick.

Especially given the reputation that Frost's teams always find new ways to lose.

Not in this context.

Especially given the reputation that Frost's teams always find new ways to lose.
So if we lose you think we should fire the coach? Shut down the program.

You can just say “must win”

Not in this context.

Feels pivotal for the Gophers, feels must win for Nebraska.

Gophers lose to Nebraska ... MD, ILL, NW, IU, Wisc all still seem winnable. Fleck isn't on the hot seat with a loss.

Nebraska loses to the Gophers, only Purdue probably looks winnable, and Frost is back on the hot seat.

It will take a major event like a defensive touchdown or special teams score to win this game. -3.5 is kind. They are looking to win this one as we are but I feel with our stalled QB play will make it tough.

It will take a major event like a defensive touchdown or special teams score to win this game. -3.5 is kind. They are looking to win this one as we are but I feel with our stalled QB play will make it tough.
Not sure how a defensive or special teams td makes it any more likely that we will win, other than it would be a guaranteed 6 points.

Feels pivotal for the Gophers, feels must win for Nebraska.

Gophers lose to Nebraska ... MD, ILL, NW, IU, Wisc all still seem winnable. Fleck isn't on the hot seat with a loss.

Nebraska loses to the Gophers, only Purdue probably looks winnable, and Frost is back on the hot seat.
Yep, to be a realistic contender in the West we need this one because it is unlikely that Iowa drops many conference games this year.

A Nebraska loss puts them in a really tricky spot in terms of breaking their losing season streak as the remainder of their schedule includes some tough games and they would be very unlikely to win 3 of 4 to get to .500.

They have done well enough against ranked teams that Frost might not be on the hottest of hot seats this year but his seat would be burning hot heading into the 2022 season with the need for drastic improvement.

Agree that if they want to go to a bowl this is a must win game for Nebraska. They can beat Purdue, but those last 3 are going to be tough and don't see them winning more than one of those 3 at the most so a loss to us would essentially knock them out of bowl contention.
For what it is worth, Nebraska fan forum is convinced that the Huskers (after almost beating Michigan) are going to demolish the Gophers this time around. Nebraska fans are suddenly quite high on Frost again. They also believe they will beat Iowa this year, as Iowa has a shaky offense. This is a big game for the Gophers, but it is the pivotal game of the season for Nebraska, given Nebraska’s schedule going forward.

For what it is worth, Nebraska fan forum is convinced that the Huskers (after almost beating Michigan) are going to demolish the Gophers this time around. Nebraska fans are suddenly quite high on Frost again. They also believe they will beat Iowa this year, as Iowa has a shaky offense. This is a big game for the Gophers, but it is the pivotal game of the season for Nebraska, given Nebraska’s schedule going forward.
the husker fan meltdown after we win will be even sweeter then

the husker fan meltdown after we win will be even sweeter then
If we win, which will be tough despite GHer’s bravadi—we’ll have to play a balanced, creative, and relatively mistake free game on O, D and STs—the Nebraska fan forum meltdown will be epic. Schadenfreude event of the year for Gopher fans.

Yep, to be a realistic contender in the West we need this one because it is unlikely that Iowa drops many conference games this year.

A Nebraska loss puts them in a really tricky spot in terms of breaking their losing season streak as the remainder of their schedule includes some tough games and they would be very unlikely to win 3 of 4 to get to .500.

They have done well enough against ranked teams that Frost might not be on the hottest of hot seats this year but his seat would be burning hot heading into the 2022 season with the need for drastic improvement.
I thought Scott Frost has never beaten a ranked team while at Nebraska.

I haven't seen this ... links please

I thought Scott Frost has never beaten a ranked team while at Nebraska.
Sorry, was referring to the close losses this season against top 10 teams. He might have shown enough improvement this year to at least make it easier to justify giving him another year even if they miss a bowl game....again....for the 4th straight year under their golden boy head coach.

It takes very little for Nebraska fans to think they are on the way back to the dominance they once had under Osborne....very little.....like really any sign of forward progress.....oh shoot....forward progress....probably a little too soon for comments like that :)

Apologies if someone already posted this info. Here's Nebraska's schedule going forward:

@ Minnesota

PURDUE

OHIO STATE

@ Wisconsin

IOWA

--------

Ouch, babe!

I've been waiting for the line to creep towards Nebraska before betting on Minnesota...and predictably, it's been happening. I think there's another half point in there before Saturday.

Down two RBs may be the difference in this game for Minnesota. That and Nebraska's desperation might just be enough for the Huskers to escape with a W.

I haven't seen this ... links please
Here is the Husker fan forum I sometimes eavesdrop on. A few of the chains are starting to weigh in on the Gopher game. It’s a good forum, like GH in some ways. Except that there is more doom and gloom after bad games and more elation & “we’ve turned the corner,” after good games (including moral victory games). Husker fans, perhaps because they are much closer to their former days of glory, seem more manic in their ups and downs, than the GHers.

Apologies if someone already posted this info. Here's Nebraska's schedule going forward:

@ Minnesota

PURDUE

OHIO STATE

@ Wisconsin

IOWA

--------

Ouch, babe!
If we beat Nebraska, leaving them at 3-5 (they have played two more games than
the Gophers), Frost & Co. have low chance of making a bowl. They might beat Purdue and even the Badgers, but where does the sixth win come from? This is an important game for the Gophers. But because Nebraska has played 7 games already (to our 5) and has only banked 3 wins, this game looks to be THE make or break game for Nebraska’s 2021 season. Go Gophers!

VI Consensus money line is up to +155 on Gophers.

Who wants free money??

Top Bottom