Gophers open as (-11) point favorites @ Nebraska

Now -15.
(ESPN)

What do they know that we don’t? :unsure:
2 conference wins against bottom teams (MSU and Rutgers) by combined 65-7, Nebraska just as bad as both of them, significantly worse defensively than Rutgers.
Huskers allow 30.6 points per game compared to Gophers 14.4
Gophers beat Rutgers 31-0 Nebraska beat them 14-13.
Minnesota by more than 2 touchdowns should be the expectation.

Casey Thompson likely doesn't play, so get the -15 while you can before it's up to like -21

It's almost like we can't lose!!! What could possibly go wrong??

What was the line vs. Rutgers... 14? How did that turn out?

Hey, to be fair, playing Nebraska in Lincoln is a tough assignment. But if Thompson can't go...

Last edited:

So let's hear it, Gopher Hole...

Is Nebraska really, really bad? I mean, bad as in Meat Sauce's famous "hideous"?

How does Nebraska compare to Rutgers?

Last edited:

Watching the Illinois and Nebraska game

“This is a defense that has struggled in most categories.

They immediately gave up a 46 yard TD …

Is Nebraska really, really bad? I mean, bad as in Meat Sauce's famous "hideous"?

We should enjoy Nebraska’s downfall for as long as we can. Even though they’ve been worse than bad the last 5.5 seasons, they still recruit higher ranked players than us. If they land a great coach, watch out!

Without their QB they are a bottom 15 offense and defense

With their QB they are just a bottom 15 defense

We should enjoy Nebraska’s downfall for as long as we can. Even though they’ve been worse than bad the last 5.5 seasons, they still recruit higher ranked players than us. If they land a great coach, watch out!
We have a great coach. If we start recruiting higher ranked players than Nebraska, watch out!

Haven't the Gophs basically crushed it when they've won? Granted those early games had ridiculous spreads but Gophs matched or beat them. Average 38 point margin of win.

Now -15.
(ESPN)

What do they know that we don’t? :unsure:
They know what everyone else knows. The line is moving under the assumption their QB is not playing. If Thompson plays on Saturday the line will shift back towards -10 the hour before kick off.

Nebraska beat Rutgers 14-13. Casey Thompson started and played in that entire game game.

Would you say Nebraska is clearly better than Rutgers?

Just a quick reminder: The Gophers beat Rutgers 31-0.

It is going to be up to the upper classmen to keep the team focused on being 1-0 after Saturday's game. I think by now the team knows that they still can't overlook anyone.

Nebraska beat Rutgers 14-13. Casey Thompson started and played in that entire game game.

Would you say Nebraska is clearly better than Rutgers?

Just a quick reminder: The Gophers beat Rutgers 31-0.
Would you say Indiana is better than Illinois?

No.

I answered your question. Now answer my question, please: Is Nebraska clearly better than Rutgers?
Maybe. Maybe not.

What we do know is that using the transitive property to predict sports outcomes is not a smart thing to do.

Maybe. Maybe not.

What we do know is that using the transitive property to predict sports outcomes is not a smart thing to do.

Use any method you choose to analyze. Whichever one or ones you deem to be valid.

Is Nebraska clearly a better team than Rutgers?

Use any method you choose to analyze. Whichever one or ones you deem to be valid.

Is Nebraska clearly a better team than Rutgers?
They’re good enough to beat them on the road 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

They’re good enough to beat them on the road 🤷‍♀️

But as you pointed out, Indiana beat Illinois by 3 points at Indiana.

Does Nebraska beating Rutgers by 1 point (at Rutgers) mean the Huskers are clearly a better team than Rutgers?

But as you pointed out, Indiana beat Illinois by 3 points at Indiana.

Does Nebraska beating Rutgers by 1 point (at Rutgers) mean the Huskers are clearly a better team than Rutgers?
That and every major computer model ranking Nebraska higher than Rutgers certainly makes the case.

So are you ready to say what your point is?

That and every major computer model ranking Nebraska higher than Rutgers certainly makes the case.

So are you ready to say what your point is?

That the Gophers deserve to be big favorites over Nebraska.

If you like, you can check the major computer model rankings and see if they agree with me.

That the Gophers deserve to be big favorites over Nebraska.
Yes this is expected, but your rationale is bad. I could just as easily make a bad argument that we should be small favorites based on common results against Illinois.

Top Bottom