Gophers not out of Big Ten West race, but Badgers now in control

I’m not going to try and figure this out myself - I’m sure The Big Show will spell it.
Thank God none of the above posters have the nuclear codes - just sayin’🙏

Nebraska will beat Iowa. I mean, they have to have one big win in them this year, don’t they? Don’t they?

I have the feeling they will. They seem like a good matchup for Iowa since IA offense isn't great.
Nebby can move the ball against Iowa.

Even if Nebby loses the turnover battle, Frost is a type of coach who will keep taking the shots.

If Purdue loses to Indiana after Nebby beats Iowa, well, that would just be a curse of all curses.

Best case scenario for us would have been Illinois beating Iowa but the scenario is there for us to win the division. Just need Nebraska to find a way to win one big game....finally....so we are probably screwed in terms of winning the West, but you never know.

Regardless of what happens in terms of the West I want the win over Wisconsin. But assuming we get that, let's go Huskers and Boilermakers!

Best case scenario for us would have been Illinois beating Iowa but the scenario is there for us to win the division. Just need Nebraska to find a way to win one big game....finally....so we are probably screwed in terms of winning the West, but you never know.

Regardless of what happens in terms of the West I want the win over Wisconsin. But assuming we get that, let's go Huskers and Boilermakers!
I think Nebby has one.
I was kind of hoping it would be Friday and not today.
It can still happen.

I'm more concerned about the winner of the BTC game with a 9-4 record. Where do they go?
Call me crazy but I don't see any Big Ten team coming close to beating OSU at this point. They've scored 50+ points 6 times this year and 5 of them were against Big Ten opponents.

If Nebraska can do us a huge favor and beat Iowa, we get Wisconsin at home with a West division title on the line. Absolutely a must win if that scenario occurs.
I just love that this game is on Friday. Have the family stuff on Thursday and kick back with them on a Friday and cheer on Scott Frost.

I love that I'm not flipping channels to see what going on with Nebraska and Iowa.

If we beat Wisconsin, Purdue beats Indiana, and Nebraska beats Iowa who goes to Indy? I’m so confused at this point.

Are you scared of them?
I wouldn't say scared, just demoralized by their dominance over the Big Ten for too many years now. I don't know how they do it. Maybe we just need to kick them out of the conference for winning too much.:p

If we beat Wisconsin, Purdue beats Indiana, and Nebraska beats Iowa who goes to Indy? I’m so confused at this point.

The Gophers. First tiebreaker is head to head rankings. Second is divisional record. So say that Purdue loses, we win, and Nebby manages to do us a solid and take out the Hawkeyes. Gophers, Iowa, and Wis tied at the top with 6-3 B10 records. Since we each beat one of the others....head to head is meaningless. Wisconsin would win the tiebreaker because their Big Ten West record would be 5-1 (only loss to us), while ours would be 4-2, and Iowa's would be 3-3.

This is why Purdue is important here. They win and also have a 6-3 B10 record.....now we have a four way tie. The difference is that in the head to head margins.....both the Gophers and Wisconsin would gain a win. Gophers and Wisconsin would have 2-1 head to head records against the other three while Purdue and Iowa would have 1-2 records against the other three. That would eliminate Iowa and Purdue from the discussion.....leaving Wisconsin and Minnesota. We would have the head to head tiebreaker over Wisconsin in this situation. No need for West division records to come into play.

Call me crazy but I don't see any Big Ten team coming close to beating OSU at this point. They've scored 50+ points 6 times this year and 5 of them were against Big Ten opponents.
Correct.

What they did today against Michigan State, is the preview of what they'll do to any West team. No thanks

Let's just beat Wisconsin that has to be our focus, and not all the possibilities IF Nebraska somehow gets its act together and pulls off the upset. Wisconsin is looking at us as fresh meat and the only obstacle to a west division title. We can deny Wisconsin a title and win the Axe. That would be memorable. That would be pretty damn good. All the other stuff is frosting

Top Bottom