Gophers in the NFL

From Jenna Laine, ESPN:

Bold prediction: Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady's game-winning touchdown pass will not be thrown to wide receivers Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown (out) or Scotty Miller, tight ends Rob Gronkowski or Cameron Brate, or running backs Ronald Jones II or Leonard Fournette. Nope, it will go to wide receiver Tyler Johnson. The rookie fifth-round pick out of Minnesota had just one catch last week against the Saints, but that 15-yard spinning grab on the perimeter was masterful. The only reason we aren't talking about Johnson more is the depth chart he's buried on. He has a knack for making difficult catches in high-pressure situations, and he'll do again on Sunday. -- Jenna Laine

Tom has learned, never throw the football to Tyler, throw the football in the area of Tyler. Hope the monster that is Winfield is healthy today. Go Gophers (in the pros).

JFC we have to suffer through another Packer SB

That's so incredible that our two Gophers rookies are going to the SB with Tom Brady. Imagine how surreal that must feel for them. I really hope Winfield is ready to go by next week.

That's so incredible that our two Gophers rookies are going to the SB with Tom Brady. Imagine how surreal that must feel for them. I really hope Winfield is ready to go by next week.
Two weeks

TJ making magic in both plays that he was in the game 🙌

He did have a bad drop on the 2nd series of the game but he more then made up for it with his great diving catch later. Not sure if Brown will be back for the Super Bowl but hopefully TJ gets a chance to make some plays on the biggest stage.

And would assume Winfield will be back for that one since he was a gametime decision today and will have 2 weeks to heal up. Hopefully those two can go out and represent the U well.

He did have a bad drop on the 2nd series of the game but he more then made up for it with his great diving catch later. Not sure if Brown will be back for the Super Bowl but hopefully TJ gets a chance to make some plays on the biggest stage.

And would assume Winfield will be back for that one since he was a gametime decision today and will have 2 weeks to heal up. Hopefully those two can go out and represent the U well.

Seems crazy that TJ doesn't get the ball thrown his way more often. It's clear that Brady trusts him. Two weeks in a row now....that a late game third and long has been a converted pass to TJ. Not to mention that with the game on the line tonight....it was TJ who was thrown the ball on the game sealing third (obviously no catch because of PI).

Seems crazy that TJ doesn't get the ball thrown his way more often. It's clear that Brady trusts him. Two weeks in a row now....that a late game third and long has been a converted pass to TJ. Not to mention that with the game on the line tonight....it was TJ who was thrown the ball on the game sealing third (obviously no catch because of PI).

The Bucs have a crazy deep WR and TE rotation. Godwin and Evans are really good. AB has been a big addition for them and then you have Gronk and a few other key targets as well. TJ has to fight for his opportunities and make the most of every chance he gets. He does seem to be in there a lot around the goal line and on 3rd down. And I do agree that it feels like Brady trusts him and is willing to look his way in key situations. Will be interesting to see what TB does with their WR rotation next season. Hopefully TJ can slide up the depth chart into a more prominent role.

The Bucs have a crazy deep WR and TE rotation. Godwin and Evans are really good. AB has been a big addition for them and then you have Gronk and a few other key targets as well. TJ has to fight for his opportunities and make the most of every chance he gets. He does seem to be in there a lot around the goal line and on 3rd down. And I do agree that it feels like Brady trusts him and is willing to look his way in key situations. Will be interesting to see what TB does with their WR rotation next season. Hopefully TJ can slide up the depth chart into a more prominent role.

True. Even a guy like Scotty Miller makes the most of his opportunities. Made a HUGE play today.

Tampa is going to be in a very interesting position come the offseason. I don't think Brown is on the radar to return unless he takes a small salary. The much bigger question is what they do with Godwin. He's going to be a free agent after the SB. And he's going to get paid a LOT. Do the Bucs shell it out when they still have Evans on contract for another two years as the second highest CAP hit on their team behind Brady?

I don't see how they afford it. And considering that TJ is clearly a playmaker....I have to think that they suck it up and let Godwin walk....confident that TJ is a worthy replacement.

They will resign him. TJ is not close to being a replacement yet.

Top Bottom