Gophers in CSUF G transfer Latrell Wrightsell Jr. top 3

Even if this was an average or bad job the way Ben Johnson has performed here is beyond atrocious. It's the worst 2 year stretch in program history. Literally no one could do worse than Ben has done. He's been that bad.
12 year posting absence and you come back to post this stuff? SMH.

Hiring a compent coach comes first. This is considered a very good job (or at least was before Ben Johnson was hired). You need a coach that kids want to play for and not a coach who has zero track record and is learning on the job. That describes both Pitino and Johnson. The fact that Nolan Winter chose to go to Wisconsin speaks volumes here. That has nothing to do with NIL and everything to do with him and his family not trusting to develop Nolan and win basketball games.
It is? Where do you think it ranks in the big 10? Even pre Johnson? Maybe 10th? MSU, Michigan, OSU, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Iowa, and Wisconsin are all better for sure.

It pays a lot and has a low bar.

You can be a pretty crappy coach for 5-7 years and collect a pay check.
Fair point. Relative to ALL college coaching jobs it’s good. Relative to the top 5/6 conferences it’s in the bottom third.

What is your definition of "cheating"? Clem certainly did not cheat compared to his peers. North Carolina cheats, Kansas cheats, everyone cheats. The guys that didn't win here, have not won elsewhere. The guys that didn't win here didn't win elsewhere. Monson has settled in as a low major D1 coach. Tubby Smith made one more NCAA tournament in 9 more years of coaching. Pitino has been under .500 in the Mountain West in both his seasons there.
I’ll agree it seems Clem got the shaft when you compare him to some of the recent stuff.

Soooooooo.... What's the rumors going round ... Did he enjoy his time.... Did he even show up?????

I don't know what's worse.... Loosing out because of n.i.l or having Rhode island as legit competition for your recruits.....

I don't know what's worse.... Loosing out because of n.i.l or having Rhode island as legit competition for your recruits.....

You realize he spent that past 4 years in Rhode Island, right? It's not some random dart thrown at a map.

Top Bottom