Gophers in CSUF G transfer Latrell Wrightsell Jr. top 3

Okay... So what's our legit chance here..

Alabama was #1 for most this past season...

Nebby is home... (Did dad play there)??

And then there's us.... I'd like to say we're the nerdy chick who likes to do crazy things.. but we don't... We just loose.... By alot....

10% seem about right????

And then there's us.... I'd like to say we're the nerdy chick who likes to do crazy things.. but we don't... We just loose.... By alot....

10% seem about right????
And…..you do not think that’s a good combo?

10% seem about right????
He isn't a local guy so has no reason to give us token inclusion in a top 3. So I am going to say our odds are 33%

10% seem about right????
He will go where he gets a starting/starring role. That could well be us. Guard is the missing piece of our puzzle to be competitive this year. 60%.

Three power 5 schools. One of them a was a #1 seed, the other the hometown squad. That tells me this guy is much more highly coveted than the guy who lists us along with 5-6 low/mid majors. Very good FT shooter too.

10% seem about right????
We can offer him a whoe lotta PT.

Would like to add him to Mitchell and Christie along with one of the “P” alphabet kids. I think we could be is solid shape then.
Yep, it's a huge start, that would be 5 guys on our roster who can play guard with Carrington.

It would give us some freedom on how we use that last scholarship. We could add that big dude from Washington State or some freshman we want to take a flyer on.

His first official visit is to Nebraska on Friday. Seems like NEB likely has the inside track if they can sell him. I'd imagine we're right behind them though.

We need to be able to win this IMO as NEB has an abundance of guards. We have a starting spot for him Day 1.

I'll say 25% we land him.

10% seem about right????

What are our chances? Better than you think, I'd say (>10%) since this guy would have received a pretty fair amount of interest (more than 3 schools, that's almost certain) and we're in the final 3.

His dad played at Creighton I believe. Yes, Lincoln is much closer to Omaha than Minneapolis but Minneapolis isn't too far (about 5.5 hrs.).

And we didn't always lose by "a lot." 9 of our losses this past season were by 10 points or less.

10% seem about right????
Our chances are really good.....

Alabama, of course is a top team, but has also taken a commitment from a highly rated combo guard. And they are in on a lot of other top transfer guards. Plus their cupboard isnt nearly as empty as ours

Nebby is in his homestate...(his dad played at Creighton) they have more coming back than we do. but also have to fill in some pieces. (and they also have a bigger transfer coming in for a visit next week so they may slow play Wrightsell)

I will say its 50/50 with us and Nebraska. We have a ton of PT to offer him.

Yep, it's a huge start, that would be 5 guys on our roster who can play guard with Carrington.

It would give us some freedom on how we use that last scholarship. We could add that big dude from Washington State or some freshman we want to take a flyer on.
Carrington slips by me too often. He could be a big piece of Ben’s puzzle to lift this team to tournament status.

Does seem like playing through injuries happens as much any more. All about getting them healthy to protect their future. That is the right emphasis.

10% seem about right????
maybe we can be the crazy one... Some guys like crazy.

10% seem about right????
Who would want to live in Alabama? Who would want to live in Nebraska? Minnesota is better than both on so many levels and the U is a better school than both. He chose to leave Nebraska once already and 2/3 of his final 3 schools are not in Nebraska so if going home were a priority, he'd already picked Nebraska. Playing time at Alabama will probably be an issue. If he is from Nebraska, it will take relatives half as long to come to see games if they drive to Minnesota versus Alabama. I'd say we are at 33% not 10%.

Who would want to live in Alabama? Who would want to live in Nebraska? Minnesota is better than both on so many levels and the U is a better school than both. He chose to leave Nebraska once already and 2/3 of his final 3 schools are not in Nebraska so if going home were a priority, he'd already picked Nebraska. Playing time at Alabama will probably be an issue. If he is from Nebraska, it will take relatives half as long to come to see games if they drive to Minnesota versus Alabama. I'd say we are at 33% not 10%.
I think it's a different question with a college town and who wants to live in a place as an adult. Being a college athlete in Tuscaloosa would be pretty fun.

I like Carrington. Think he just needs 1 more year and he'll be really solid as a Junior.
He does a lot of things decent. He plays hard on defense and I think will end up being a + defensive player, he rebounds really well for a guard, he's an ok ball handler, etc. If his shot comes, he'll be a really good player. If it doesn't, he still does enough things to help our team.

S
He does a lot of things decent. He plays hard on defense and I think will end up being a + defensive player, he rebounds really well for a guard, he's an ok ball handler, etc. If his shot comes, he'll be a really good player. If it doesn't, he still does enough things to help our team.
Shot was nice to end the year. 50% (10 for 20) in final 6 games.

Not huge sample size but yeah hopefully that shot can be consistent around 35-40%.

10% seem about right????
More of your own shine would help a lot.

Top Bottom