Gophers get commitment from Wayzata TE Brandon Lingen

Lingen go screwed because half his post turned into a pissing contest.

Welcome aboard Brandon!!!!

AJ Tarpley and Grant Olson -- The Gophers signed linebackers Dwayne Mitchell and Willie Tatum. Willie didn't make it the year and Dwayne transferred the next year.
Billy Turner -- The Gophers signed five offensive linemen including Gjere and Epping. Matt Eggen was gone before the 2011 season and Ragoo didn't make it through fall practice.
Zach Vraa -- Actually, not signing him is probably as strange as having no interest in Tarpley. Brewster grabbed Cameron Wilson in June of the next year. That was strange to me, but maybe someone else can explain that to me.

I don't understand that one either. I think Vraa would have been a solid contributor here and perhaps even more.

As for Lingen, I tend to trust the coaches. My only concern here is that it's such a small class and we already have a TE in tow for this recruiting class and it's one of the deepest positions on the roster. The coaches obviously saw something they liked and I hope they are right in their assessment.

I saw Lingen play last night. I left at halftime because the weather was miserable. I think his name was called once on a short screen pass, but he delivered a pretty good hit to the guy trying to tackle him.

My guess is they feel he is a project with upside. He has a D1 body and is not afraid to hit a guy.

Top Bottom