Gophers BEAT wisconsin Post Game Thread

This is hilarious. How many times were they even called for PI? Two? And only one was somewhat questionable.

What a clown. Refs were bad, both ways, but crying about calls after the game just makes you look pathetic. The better team won yesterday and it wasn't the one with the Ws on their helmet.

Their team was really bad on Saturday, their QB was awful. If you were impressed by Wisconsin, good for you.

Okay, so I guess their #2 defense in the nation going into the last week was a fallacy? You know they played two Top 6 teams too right?

We outcoached and outplayed Wisconsin on Saturday (just like they did to us in 2019). They were going to the BTT game with a win. Stop trying to downplay a great victory.

Their team was really bad on Saturday, their QB was awful. If you were impressed by Wisconsin, good for you.
Every team in the B1G West has some sort of fatal flaw these days. If they can cover it up, they're good ... but when they can't, like Wisc didn't against us.... oh man. .. ugly.

Watched replay and wow Mertz was just awful in the fourth quarter. 5-14. Imagine how bad UW fans feel with him coming back.

Okay, so I guess their #2 defense in the nation going into the last week was a fallacy? You know they played two Top 6 teams too right?

We outcoached and outplayed Wisconsin on Saturday (just like they did to us in 2019). They were going to the BTT game with a win. Stop trying to downplay a great victory.
So I say "Playing Jump Around, after the game was epic. This Wisconsin team was as bad as I can remember". And you interpret that as I am downplaying a great victory?

The Gopher deserve a lot of credit for making Wisconsin look bad.

So I say "Playing Jump Around, after the game was epic. This Wisconsin team was as bad as I can remember". And you interpret that as I am downplaying a great victory?

The Gopher deserve a lot of credit for making Wisconsin look bad.

Do you not remember 2018???? Is this a bit?

How could you say the 2021 Sconny team was worse than the 2018 version?

From a Badger fansite:

"While I love ripping on Fleck and Gopher fans as much as the next Buckyvillian…I have to admit that the atmosphere was quite good on Saturday. I usually take losses quite hard, but I was still having a pretty good time with it being a tight game, mostly full stadium, loud, and being there with a friend who knows football pretty well. Thank god they built the outdoor stadium and that egg laying wasn’t in the shitty old Metrodome."

Similar to what Jon Johnston said after his visit. Must be doing something right...

Do you not remember 2018???? Is this a bit?

How could you say the 2021 Sconny team was worse than the 2018 version?
I am not sure that you are really a Gopher Writer, but think about this:

1) The current Badger team is 8-4, the 2018 team that you seem to hate was 8-5.
2) The 2018 Badger team beat Miami, (yes, that Miami) 35-3 in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl game.
3) The 2018 Badger team had Jack Coan as one of their QB's. He is now the QB of the 11-1 Notre Dame team.
4) The 2018 Badger team had Jonathan Taylor who ran for 2,194 yards and 16 rushing touchdowns, as a Sophomore. FYI, he ran for 6,174 yards in his first 3 years as a Badger.
5) Jonathan Taylor is currently the leader rusher and leading TD scorer in the NFL.

It is very difficult compare different teams from different years, because the schedules can be so different. But the say that the 2018 Badger team was awful, is just not accurate.

I am not sure that you are really a Gopher Writer, but think about this:

1) The current Badger team is 8-4, the 2018 team that you seem to hate was 8-5.
2) The 2018 Badger team beat Miami, (yes, that Miami) 35-3 in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl game.
3) The 2018 Badger team had Jack Coan as one of their QB's. He is now the QB of the 11-1 Notre Dame team.
4) The 2018 Badger team had Jonathan Taylor who ran for 2,194 yards and 16 rushing touchdowns, as a Sophomore. FYI, he ran for 6,174 yards in his first 3 years as a Badger.
5) Jonathan Taylor is currently the leader rusher and leading TD scorer in the NFL.

It is very difficult compare different teams from different years, because the schedules can be so different. But the say that the 2018 Badger team was awful, is just not accurate.

I'm not a Gopher writer. Never claimed to be. I was a sports writer in a previous lifetime covering SEC and Big Ten football.

#1. This year's Badger team had one of the best defenses in the nation. That 2018 version gave up 24 points a game in the regular season (including Western Kentucky).
#2. I think I'm older than you, so when you say "THAT Miami" it's funny. Miami hasn't been shit for nearly 20 years.
#3. No, you're wrong. It was Alex Hornibrook who gave us the game with multiple turnovers. He then went on to get benched at Florida St.
#4. You got one thing right. Jonathan Taylor was great - he was also the only thing Sconny had that year.

Again, the Wisconsin team we beat in 2018 had mailed it in and the stands were half full. They had no chance for the division title.

Hopefully my correct information helps you out. Also hoping you can see the difference between what they had on the line Saturday and what they did not in 2018.

I'm not a Gopher writer. Never claimed to be. I was a sports writer in a previous lifetime covering SEC and Big Ten football.

#1. This year's Badger team had one of the best defenses in the nation. That 2018 version gave up 24 points a game in the regular season (including Western Kentucky).
#2. I think I'm older than you, so when you say "THAT Miami" it's funny. Miami hasn't been shit for nearly 20 years.
#3. No, you're wrong. It was Alex Hornibrook who gave us the game with multiple turnovers. He then went on to get benched at Florida St.
#4. You got one thing right. Jonathan Taylor was great - he was also the only thing Sconny had that year.

Again, the Wisconsin team we beat in 2018 had mailed it in and the stands were half full. They had no chance for the division title.

Hopefully my correct information helps you out. Also hoping you can see the difference between what they had on the line Saturday and what they did not in 2018.
I do like the back and forth, but how can #3 be wrong?

I do like the back and forth, but how can #3 be wrong?

If you check the stats, Alex Hornibrook played the entire game. We can only control which Wisconsin team we played in that 2018 game and Coan definitely did not see the field. So I personally don't think having Coan (who was a true freshman) on the team has relevance to our game when we played.

You originally said this:
Do you not remember 2018???? Is this a bit? How could you say the 2021 Sconny team was worse than the 2018 version?

Now you said this:
If you check the stats, Alex Hornibrook played the entire game. We can only control which Wisconsin team we played in that 2018 game and Coan definitely did not see the field. So I personally don't think having Coan (who was a true freshman) on the team has relevance to our game when we played.

Then you said this:
Again, the Wisconsin team we beat in 2018 had mailed it in and the stands were half full.

So now you are admitting that the 2018 game was "mailed in". I am talking about the team for the season, NOT just one game. I still believe that the 2018 team would beat this 2021 Badger team. Either way, GO GOPHERS.

Top Bottom