Gophers among favorites to land 4-star 2023 center Dennis Evans

It's a tough call. Kansas - the team the just won the NCAA championship, or Minnesota, bottom of the Big10 last year. Plus, the winters compared to Cali.
If you want to challenge yourself to actually accomplish something...you choose Minnesota.

If you want to act like a big-shot...if you simply want to ride along with a team that can win without you...you choose Kansas.

It's a tough call. Kansas - the team the just won the NCAA championship, or Minnesota, bottom of the Big10 last year. Plus, the winters compared to Cali.
If Kansas doesn't win it all, he did nothing.

If he gets a tournament win for Minnesota, he's a legend here.

That's how I look at it.

If Kansas doesn't win it all, he did nothing.

If he gets a tournament win for Minnesota, he's a legend here.

That's how I look at it.
Kansas is going to be hit with sanctions, they won't have a chance to win it all. So per your post (which I'm totally on board with), if he goes there he'll be a lock to do nothing...

1663978992995.png

And TCU has already been hit with the NCAA hammer. Comin' to MN is the play to make.

Kansas is going to be hit with sanctions, they won't have a chance to win it all. So per your post (which I'm totally on board with), if he goes there he'll be a lock to do nothing...

View attachment 20653

And TCU has already been hit with the NCAA hammer. Comin' to MN is the play to make.
Kansas will get a slap on the wrist. They always do. No one will even notice.

Because maybe after his visit here and seeing his best friend that maybe he doesnt need to see kansas and hes sold on the spot he needs to be is minnesota. Not the first time this is ever happened! Are we going too fast for you?
No DICK you're not. Thanks though for your concern.

View attachment 20653

Plus isn't Kansas in Kansas?

Last edited:

No, but big Dennis is and Cali makes Kansas closer to home and a bit more moderate, I think was the point.
But, you knew that. :)
They were talking about the weather. They compared the success on the court between Kansas and Minnesota but then compared the weather between California and MN. It's not like Kansas has great weather either.

No DICK you're not. Thanks though for your concern.
I have to say, we have to have the most sensitive trolls on the internet. It takes a particular kind of creep to troll the worst basketball program in the Big 10 but I can't quite figure out why they are so incredibly sensitive.

I have to say, we have to have the most sensitive trolls on the internet. It takes a particular kind of creep to troll the worst basketball program in the Big 10 but I can't quite figure out why they are so incredibly sensitive.
Some people really need better hobbies.

Plus isn't Kansas in Kansas?
Not always.

WASHINGTON — President Trump did not waste any time Sunday night congratulating the Kansas City Chiefs for defeating the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Except he got their home state wrong.

“Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game, and a fantastic comeback, under immense pressure. You represented the Great State of Kansas” — yikes — “and, in fact, the entire USA, so very well,” Mr. Trump said in a tweet posted during his Air Force One flight from Palm Beach, Fla., to Washington. “Our country is PROUD OF YOU.”

Not always.

WASHINGTON — President Trump did not waste any time Sunday night congratulating the Kansas City Chiefs for defeating the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Except he got their home state wrong.

“Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game, and a fantastic comeback, under immense pressure. You represented the Great State of Kansas” — yikes — “and, in fact, the entire USA, so very well,” Mr. Trump said in a tweet posted during his Air Force One flight from Palm Beach, Fla., to Washington. “Our country is PROUD OF YOU.”
I understand if he just thought it then it was so.

There are a lot of people who think Kansas City is in Kansas. I hear it almost every time I visit Minnesota.

Bill Self 556–124 (.818)
NCAA National Championships (08,22) NCAA Final Fours (08,12,18,22)

Benjamin Johnson 13–17 (.433)

No, but big Dennis is and Cali makes Kansas closer to home and a bit more moderate, I think was the point.
But, you knew that. :)
Not really. If you fly, Minneapolis would probably be a shorter trip than lawrence. I would doubt lawrence to ontario or LAX has any direct flights. Its only 5 hours shorter in the car.

There are a lot of people who think Kansas City is in Kansas. I hear it almost every time I visit Minnesota.
Part of it is. Just not the part the Chiefs / Royals play in.

Not really. If you fly, Minneapolis would probably be a shorter trip than lawrence. I would doubt lawrence to ontario or LAX has any direct flights. Its only 5 hours shorter in the car.
Oh, just 5 (five) hours? Huh, "only 5 hours" Dang, didn't realize how big of an advantage we actually have. 5 hours is nothing, right? :) You need to be on staff. He's gotta be a Gopher!

Bill Self 556–124 (.818)
NCAA National Championships (08,22) NCAA Final Fours (08,12,18,22)

Benjamin Johnson 13–17 (.433)
Bill Self is the poster-boy for underachieving.

Sure he's maintained Kansas' top recruiting & cheating (that the criminal Roy Williams started). And yes, he's continued their unchallenged dominance of the Big 12 (from well before Self got there). Guaranteed #1 or #2 seed every year.

But they've been upset in the NCAA in spectacular fashion many times. More than anyone.

Last edited:

Bill Self is the poster-boy for underachieving.

Sure he's maintained Kansas' top recruiting & cheating (that the criminal Roy Williams started). And yes, he's continued their unchallenged dominance of the Big 12 (from well before Self got there). Guaranteed #1 or #2 seed every year.

But they've been upset in the NCAA in spectacular fashion many times. More than anyone.
Oh No, the cheating started before Roy, I would say Larry Brown was the instigator. And now he is teaching his craft to Penny @ Memphis. LOL. tongue in cheek

As for underachievers go, I would lean more toward Cal or Izzo.

Lastly, the big 12 dominance can't be denied how relevant that is. To win any conference 14 straight years is saying an enormous amount, let alone the Big 12. Other than the great John Wooden who has that claim?

Now let's get back to Evans and him coming to the Gopher!!!! I would much rather Ben get him than Winters

Oh No, the cheating started before Roy, I would say Larry Brown was the instigator. And now he is teaching his craft to Penny @ Memphis. LOL. tongue in cheek

As for underachievers go, I would lean more toward Cal or Izzo.

Lastly, the big 12 dominance can't be denied how relevant that is. To win any conference 14 straight years is saying an enormous amount, let alone the Big 12. Other than the great John Wooden who has that claim?

Now let's get back to Evans and him coming to the Gopher!!!! I would much rather Ben get him than Winters
Yeah you're right about Roy Williams only continuing the cheating. But man, he's right in the middle of it again at UNC.

I wouldn't put Izzo in the underachievers category though. Maybe recently. But he's known for pulling upsets in the NCAA...not being upset.

Top Bottom