Status
Not open for further replies.
Moniker: ButchNashGuy
Native Minnesotan: Yes
Hometown: Shoreview, MN
Current Address: Bloomington, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of Minnesota, AgriBusiness
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 38
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football (7 years)

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Kansas 1972?
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Can't remember my first...
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Denver 1975
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopher Illustrated, Scout, various Gopher blogs

What I like about GopherHole: Love to talk Gopher sports particularly football. The player/coach interviews.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I would love to see a chat room.

Moniker: MRJ
Native Minnesotan?: Yes
Hometown: Minneapolis
Current Address: Duluth
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA from St. Olaf College, nearly completed MBA from UW-Superior
# of years as a Gopher Football Fan: 22
Attend at least one football or basketball game a year?: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: No, but my dad is, so does that count???:p

Attended first Gopher football game: 1986
Attended first Gopher basketball game: 1988
Attended first Gopher hockey game: 1987
Attended first Gopher baseball game: Still working on it.

What I like about Gopherhole.com: I always enjoy discussing pertinent issues with other folks, whether it be in athletics or otherwise. One of the great things about the internet is the ability to freely exchange ideas and different points of view. And I enjoy this more than any other aspect of the site.

Also, GopherLady's interviews rock and are more informative than some of the drivel that is written other places.

Areas for improvement: Too many folks take things too personally sometimes, but other than that, nothing I can think of.

As an aside: I LOVE this thread every year....it's always interesting to learn more about some of the posters on this site!!!:D thanks to DL65 for the thread and to everybody else who helps run the cite: keep up the good work!!!!:D:D

Moniker: schnoodler
Hometown: Prior Lake
Current Address: Big Lake
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BES SCSU
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 30+
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and BB.
Season Ticket Holder: No.

Attended my first Gopher football game: IDK mid 70's
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: IDK Early 80's
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: What's that.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Rivals, strib, Yahoo

What I like about GopherHole: I like being linked to so many passionate gopher sports fans. The links that are provided only increase my knowledge. The varied expertise and insight is invaluable. I enjoy the interview that GL does the most.

Additional Comments: I have seen the growth in the site and it's contributors over the last couple of years. And I just hope they continue on that trend. I would like to see the gopher hole work towards a one stop site. A place where we start and finish our gopher updates. Either by providing more data, (stats ect) and or links. I would also like to see the hole take the lead in highlighting instate recruits and maintaining a list. We'd gain a great edge that way, plus it's fun to see who the good kids are and where they end up, especially if we knew about them first.

Unscientific Survey

Moniker: wiscbearsfan17
Native Minnesotan: No
Hometown: Plymouth, WI
Current Address: Minneapolis
Post-Secondary Degrees and School: Freshman at the U, majoring in Animal Science with a pre-large animal veterinarian emphasis
Number of years a Gopher Fan: 4 years(grew up a Texas Longhorns fan in Wisconsin, as well as Marquette, but never the Badgers)
Attend At least 1 football/basketball game a year: Yes, both
Season Tickets: Student Tickets for football and basketball

Attended my first Gopher football game: August 28th 2008 against Northern Illinois
Attended My first Gopher Basketball game: December 1 against St. Cloud State
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Not Yet
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Not Yet
Other Websites I frequent often: menshealth, realgm(for the Milwaukee bucks), chicagobears.com(I am a huge bears fan), footballsfuture.com(for the draft), and espn

What I like about Gopher Hole: just all the information and insight about the gophers, especially the interviews with the prospects. GL rocks!!! I also like the great span of age groups on here, all of whom have a different perspective of the sports being covered.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More recruiting, designate a seperate board for football and basketball recruiting instead of it being jumbled on the big board. I also would like to see less trolling(though it would never happen), and hopefully peace between all of the posters who are gopher fans.

Additional comments: one of the best message boards I frequent.

ron456
age 69
native mn yes
hometown Blue Earth
Current Victoria Mn
BA, BS, MA Uof Mn
Gopher fan since 1948
Attend football occasionally-Attend all Home and some road basketball games
Season ticket holder Basketball 45 years-2 tickets
Attended first football game 1948 Mn v Washington
First basketball game 1958
first hockey 1959
first baseball 1959

Monker: WadeHokenson
Hometown: Albany, MN
Current Address: Minneapolis, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Minnesota 2006-Present (2010 graduation)
# of Years as Gopher Football Fan: 15
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Basketball: 4 years, 1 ticket; Football: 4 years, 2 tickets)

Attended first Gopher Football Game: 1996
Attended first Gopher Basketball Game: 1996
Attended first Gopher Hockey Game: Never
Attended first Gopher Baseball Game: 2007
Other websites that I frequent and sometimes post: MLBTradeRumors, AaronGleeman.com, Deadspin.com

What I like about GopherHole: Interviews with Recruits, JohnnyGopher, Pewterschmidt Baseball Conversations
What I'd like to see enhanced: Less arguing about "Trolls" (Who Cares), Where are they now?, Less whining about GI vs. GH

Moniker: jordanjo
Hometown: Afton, MN
Current Address: Stillwater, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of Wisconsin-Stout (Service Management)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 27
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Football-Yes Basketball- 0 (would give anything to get to the barn!
Season Ticket Holder: yes Football 3 years 2 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1997 versus Iowa State
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: havent yet. hoping that changes soon.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Havent yet. Had the chance a few times when i had tix, but something always came up that i couldnt get out of!!
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never have
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: i dont post a lot. as i am a newer member. I will get out of my shell soon. Right now I just read. I am a former subscriber to rivals.com.

What I like about GopherHole: msg boards. get other insights from people. I have my opinion, but i love to hear waht others are saying. If something happens, you know this is the sight that will have it posted within minutes from somebody.

What I'd like to see enhanced: updated stories. they seem to be put up there, but they stay up there way to long

Additional Comments: everyone...keep referring people to go here!

52gopher

Hometown: Racine, WI
Current Address: Dresser,Wi
Spring Grove HS,Spring Grove,Mn No Degrees.
# of years as a Gopher football fan:55
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Not every year.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (19 Years,1991 to present)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1952 California Vs Minnesota Oct.4,1952)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: `1976

Moniker: BigTenaciousD
Hometown: Cloquet
Current Address: Lake Elmo
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of MN (1992), MBA (marketing) - Univ of St. Thomas (2001)
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: 30+
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - basketball
Attended my first Gopher football game: 1983
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1979
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: NA - grew up in Cloquet and I've never attended a Gopher hockey game, go figure.

Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: NA

What I like about GopherHole: Seeing the excitement level about Gopher basketball increase.
What I'd like to see enhanced: Nothing in particular.

Additional Comments: It's easy for people to overreact to the success and failure of this team. We all need to hang in there and be patient.

Moniker: cduff
Hometown: Hastings, Minnesota
Current Address: Hastings, Minnesota
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: none
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 24
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football - 7 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: 9/12/1992 - San Jose State
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 3/14/1992 - Ohio State
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1990-ish
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1987 - Mankato State

What I like about GopherHole: The variety of opinions, the longevity and memories

Moniker: Alltimetwinsfan
Hometown: Osakis, MN
Current Address: St. Paul, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA-University of Minnesota, School of Journalism and Mass Communication
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 13 Years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes/Yes
Season Ticket Holder: eight years for both football and basketball

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin, 10/9/1999 with kramer/pullmangopher (The day I decided to attend the U of M, incidentally)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Florida State, 11/29/2000
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Gopher vs. Michigan Tech, 11/21/2003
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Alumni game, 2001
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: www.MnSportsNetwork.com

What I like about GopherHole: I most enjoy getting to know the folks here on the hole, and being able to read about what the most passionate fans think about everything Gopher. I also enjoy the competitive games, including Pick Per Day, as well as the football spread games. Most of all, it's great to get to know people on here on a personal level, and getting to know people outside the GopherHole, including Jike, pullmangopher/kramer, GopherLady, GopherRock, Snowman, etc.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Relaxed posting...sometimes people get way too uptight about things. I like to keep things light and fun. Also, more stories are always appreciated...

Additional Comments: GopherHole keeps me sane during the week, and is a great place to rejoice/vent, depending on how the games go. It's a great website! It's even better now that the format change went away from Yuku!

Moniker: StewieGopherFan
Hometown: Stewartville, MN
Current Address: Mankato, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: Current student at Mankato State, going for sport management
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 9 years, basketball as well.
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Usually
Season Ticket Holder: No, I wish though!

Attended my first Gopher football game: I'm not sure but I was probably 12 and they slaughtered Indiana.
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wofford, the lone Kris Humphries year.
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Never have attended one.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 2 years ago vs. Indiana
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: www.minnesota-scores.net, espn.com

What I like about GopherHole: Receiving recruiting updates throughout the year, hearing what others have to say, and the in-depth interviews with current and future players.

What I'd like to see enhanced: I'd like to see more posters! Different topics and what not.

Additional Comments: I reallly like the website. I don't post a lot but I visit the site everyday, and usually get criticized by my roomate whenever he sees me on there. Keep up the good work!

Moniker: gopherfaith
Hometown: Dublin, CA
Current Address: East Bethel, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Public Relations California State University Chico
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 11 years
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, football for 11 years, up to 5 tickets now.

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1998 (sorry, can't remember exact game!)
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: haven't been to one
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: haven't been to one.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: haven't been to one.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: don't post on other sports-related sites.

What I like about GopherHole: the great discussions, opportunity to hear rumors first, great articles by gopherlady. Like that Mr. Gopherfaith, aka highwayman, got into this after he saw me posting for a while!

What I'd like to see enhanced: Definitely more of a recruiting forum. Would love to see more women getting involved with the board--there are far too few of us!!

Additional Comments: This is going against human nature, but sure would be nice if we had less of the "I know you are but what am I" kind of childishness that many threads degenerate into. But I guess the beauty of personal opinions is part of what GH is all about.

Survey

Moniker: bigkahunaiii
Hometown: Newport, MN
Current Address: Hopkins, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - St. Cloud State 1970, MA St. Mary's of Minnesota 1996
# of years as a Gopher basketball fan: 58 years
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - basketball.
Season Ticket Holder: Basketball 31 years 2 tickets

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1972
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1961
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1974
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Gopherhole, From the Barn, The Daily Gopher and Down with Goldy

What I like about GopherHole: Good discussions, insights, a chance to went

What I'd like to see enhanced: Less extended discussions on topics covered many times such as replacing the raised floor, new practice facility, Tubby's substitution patterns and/or playing too many players. These have all been done to death. Talk about something new, already.

Additional Comments: none

Moniker: mom8pop
Hometown: Rochester, NY
Current Address: Pittsburgh, PA
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - University of Buffalo (1991), MBA - University of Minnesota (2001)
# of years as a Gopher basketball fan: 10
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No
Season Ticket Holder: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1999
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2000
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: n/a
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: n/a
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: UBFan (Buffalo)

What I like about GopherHole: Great info and insight from key contributors (GopherLady, Johnny Gopher, Bleedgopher stand out, but others as well). The large percentage of users who love the team and keep it civil.

What I'd like to see enhanced: n/a

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome)

Moniker: Zeppelin Gopher
Hometown: Mendota Heights, MN
Current Address: Mendota Heights, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: None (yet)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 25
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes to both
Season Ticket Holder: Yes- Football (3 student 1 regular) and Basketball (4 student)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1996 vs. Syracuse
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Unsure, sometime in the early 90s.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: MNSportsFans, Cyclone Fanatic

What I like about GopherHole: Recruiting info, away game travel threads, game analysis from astute posters, Johnny Gophers's inside info

What I'd like to see enhanced/don't like: Better enforcement of trolls, too many people acting like the PC Police, constant slobbering over certain posters and their contributions to the site.

Moniker: 67frosh
Native MN: Yes
Hometown: St. Paul
Current Address: Summerfield, FL
Post Sec. Degree: B.A. (psychology) U of M
# Years a Gopher Fan: 42+
Attend 1 Game per Year: Every year since 1967...
Season Ticket Holder: 1976-2005

Moniker: BrianW
Current Address: Robbinsdale MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BSCE - U of M IT 1991; MBA - U of M Carlson School 2001
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 35
Season Ticket Holder: Football - 2 seats since 1994. Basketball - 2 student seats 1987-92.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota vs. Ohio U, 1979
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Ga Tech(?), 1978
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Ohio St., don't remember the year
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, other Rivals boards for Big Ten teams, Rivals Mainboard.

What I like about GopherHole: Interesting perspectives that you can't get elsewhere

What I'd like to see enhanced: More in-depth reporting: practice reports, interviews with assistant coaches (football). More coverage of "minor" sports like Volleyball.
Additional Comments: Nothing to add..

Moniker- SCfan
Age- 67
Native Minnesotan- yes
Hometown- Clarkfield
Current address- Greenwood, SC
Post secondary degrees= U of Mn. BA
# of years gopher football fan- 56
Attend one football or basketball game per year- yes
Season ticket holder- BB 2 seats since 1972
First football game- opening game 1960
First basketball game- opening game 1960
first baseball game- opening game 1961
Other Websites- rivals, Scout
What I like about GH- the indepth interviews

Moniker:melbo
Native Minnesotan: no
Hometown:Louisville, ky.
Current Address:Louisville, ky
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA Murray state 1971
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 2yr basketball fan
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year no

Attended my first Gopher football game: never
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: never
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: none

What I like about GopherHole: Interesting and for the most part well thoughtout posts.

What I'd like to see enhanced: nothing I can think of at the moment

Additional Comments: (specificity is welcome) This board is great for someone like myself who is new to Gopher basketball and lives too far away to attend games. I am able to keep up with the rebuilding process and the overall state of anxiety of the fanbase. Between the board and watching the games on espn or big ten network I feel connected to the world of Gopher sports and the fans. Thank you and keep up the good work. GO GOPHERS

Moniker: HopHead
Native Minnesotan: No (But I have lived here for almost 20 years).
Hometown: Larimore, ND
Current Address: Eden Prairie, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS - University of North Dakota (1991)
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 20.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football, 3 years, 2 tickets.

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1989 Minnesota vs. Nebraska
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1989 I don't remember who played
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1989 I don't remember who played
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: TBD
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: gophersports, ESPN, SportsIllustrated, FoxSports, TrackForum (Indy racing is another passion of mine).

What I like about GopherHole: The inside information available on my favorite college team. The camaraderie between fans of the same team. The interviews.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Some where are they now pieces on players that were fan favorites when they played for Minnesota but perhaps weren't talented enough to play at the next level. Recruiting specific sub-forums. I would be interested in some Gopher Hole merchandise (perhaps customizable to include your Moniker). Better use of the thread rating system. Perhaps if more people saw what types of threads were appreciated we would see more of those.

Additional Comments: I know this is against the nature of an anonymous forum such as this but I wish more people would learn to only post things that they would say if the recpient was sitting right in front of them. This is by no means unique to Gopher Hole. I have yet to find a forum on any topic from sports to computers that didn't have a fair share of internet tough guys and trolls. I just try to ignore them.

Moniker: Rouser
Native Minnesotan: Yes by birth but lived in CA for a long time soon after birth.
Hometown: Born in Duluth...jumped around until grade 3 (Racine, WI and Yakima, WA) before settling in Stockton, CA. Finished college there and moved back to Saint Paul in '98.
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - University of California at Davis; MBA - Carlson School of Management
# of years as a Gopher football and basketball fan: I'd say 37 but honestly..about 32
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football and basketball
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - football and hoops

Attended my first Gopher football game: early 90's @ Michigan
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: early 90's
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1999
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: trout unlimited, bwca message boards, facebook, jayhawks fan page (band, not team)

What I like about GopherHole: That the people running it are just really good folks. I have met a few good friends via the site..not often can you say that about a website.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More hoops info...I cannot get enough!

Additional Comments: Everyone keep up the good work.

Moniker: Costa Rican Gopher
Current Address: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: I don't go for that degree crap
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 38 (Born with a beer in one hand and a Gopher pennant in the other).
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Geography does not permit.
Season Ticket Holder: No, see above.

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Indiana 1984
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Ohio St 1980
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. North Dakota 1980.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Bookmaker.com, GopherIllustrated, 4SaleByOwnerDR, DR1.

What I like about Gopher Hole: Johnny Gopher's info, the basketball forum and a small, but dwindling group of posters who I've grown to know over the years like Schnoodler, TikiTed, RockRaven, Studwell55, Kelly Leeks (RIP), et al. (Sorry for those of you I left out, you know who you are)

What I'd like to see enhanced: Shut down visiting flamers and angry ex-coaches sooner rather than later.

Additional Comments: The place is not as fun as it once was. There used to be some really fun stuff in the off-topic board, now there's tumbleweeds blowing through there. Free Kelly Leeks and Tipsy!!! That's where GH started losing quality veterans/regulars like myself. I'm on the GI 'Dinkytown' forum a lot more than here now a days and I'm not alone.

Moniker: Warrior04
Hometown: Champlin, MN
Current Address: Champlin, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS- Winona State University- Business Administration
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 18
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes
Season Ticket Holder: Yes - Football (1 Year)

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1992
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1996
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2006
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 2002
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: D2messageboard.com

What I like about GopherHole: Love the all around aspects and talk of gophers sports

What I'd like to see enhanced: More interviews with past gophers players and possible recruits

Moniker: MFauver35
Hometown: Stewartville
Current Address: Stewartville
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS Management - Minnesota State University, Mankato (2002) and MBA Finance - University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (2009)
# of years as a Gopher Basketball fan: 20+ (as far back as I can remember)
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - Basketball
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, 2 years officially with 2 tickets to basketball. However had 2 student tickets for about 5 years of the Monson era

Attended my first Gopher football game: I believe it was Minnesota vs. Indiana in 1990 or 1991. Remember Sean Lumpkin
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Northwestern - 1992 or 1993
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota at Mankato - 2000/2001. Never seen home game.
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: Never
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Scout, Rivals, Facebook

What I like about GopherHole: The great information provided by the members on the basketball board. I do not post often but check the posts at least daily. I really enjoy the somewhat inside information regarding basketball recruiting that is hard to find elsewhere.

What I'd like to see enhanced: More updates on recruiting.

Moniker: GraniteCityGopher
Hometown: SE Minnesota
Current Address: Saint Cloud
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - U of M CLA
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 40 years.
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes - football/basketball.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes (Football 15 yrs).
Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Pudue 1973
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. ? - 1977
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Denver, January 1972.
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, Scout, Rivals.

What I like about GopherHole: The interviews by Nadine, GopherLady & staff, analysis of team play by most, insights into recruiting by some and historical context by the old-timers! (Oh, and the shots of TCF over the past months are great!)

What I'd like to see enhanced: I like the enhancements offered in the template: "Recruiting forum for football and basketball. More in-depth reports and some about past sports heroes (where they are now, the successes they've enjoyed in the private/public sector since they left the playing fields, and the importance of their college experience in their professional life). Introduce our younger members to the traditions, history and legacies of Gopher athletics."

Moniker: Caravan Shaker
Hometown: New Brighton
Current Address: Providence, RI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BChE-UofM (2000) MD-Chicago (2006)
# of years as a Gopher fan: 27
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: No

Attended my first Gopher football game: ~1985
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: ~1985
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1998
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1989
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Fatwallet, Dvdtalk

What I like about GopherHole: The passion of gopher fans, the breaking news/rumors, it's first place I look for my gopher info.

What I'd like to see enhanced: A gopher schedule and standings at the top of the basketball and football forum for the respective sports. More posters from other teams that offer insightful commentary.

Additional Comments: Been reading the forum since the days of Tunnel Talk, only started posting recently. I appreciate the evolution of the site and all the work that the staff has done. Anyone else miss the days of posted IP addresses? Seems that it cut the number of trolls drastically. Of course, the boards weren't nearly as popular back then as it is now either.

Moniker: Brewscrew
Hometown: Rushford, MN
Current Address: Onalaska, WI
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BS Nuc. Med UW LaCrosse
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 25
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Only football
Season Ticket Holder: Yes FB 2 tickets for 4 years

Attended my first Gopher football game: Minnesota versus Nebraska, the ugly drubbing game
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin around 92
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: Minnesota vs. Wisconsin at the Target center
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GopherIllustrated, SethSpeaks, Vikings Update, GopherSports, Rivals

What I like about GopherHole: the bitching & whining

What I'd like to see enhanced: better policing of the trolls, less childish behavior

Moniker: koreangopher - formerly beckybadgerblows
Hometown: Watertown WI
Current Address: Seoul, South Korea
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - Twin Cities (2007) Political Science
# of years as a Gopher football fan: 7 (Before that was on the dark side is Wisky)
Attend at least one football or basketball game per year: Yes, if in the country. Will be back this fall for football season. Though I watch what I can online from across the Pacific.
Season Ticket Holder: Yes, Football (Year 2.) Though I did not use them this year. I will in 2009 and beyond.

Attended my first Gopher football game: 2002
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 2002
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 2002 (though I did attend many in my youth with my parents in Madison as they are season ticket holders for becky)
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 2004
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: Rivals, and anything political and random on the web that keeps me connected to the US.

What I like about GopherHole: parkinglotgopher, sour 1729, gopherD, and the up-beat fans on the board. I'm a Cubs fan, so I always like to see a positive attitude.

What I'd like to see enhanced: Recruiting Forum. Perhaps a place for videos or re-caps more in depth. (This is only because I can't watch the games live)

Additional Comments: Free Beer or Buffalo Wings for loyal Gopherhole patrons.

leftyslefty

Nickname:leftyslefty
Hometown: St. Paul
Current Address: Cottage Grove, MN
Post Secondary Degrees and Schools: BA - St. Cloud St. (1976) Mass Communications/Journalism
# of years as a Gopher football fan: All 55
Season Ticket Holder: Both Football and Basketball

Attended my first Gopher football game: 1967 vs. Indiana
Attended my first Gopher basketball game: 1964 vs. Illinois
Attended my first Gopher hockey game: 1976
Attended my first Gopher baseball game: 1977
Other websites that I frequently visit and sometimes post: GI, Daily Gopher, Down with Goldy, From the Barn, Political sites, ESPN, SI, Sporting News et al...

What I like about GopherHole: the best discussion format out there right now, information updates, long time contributors etc:

What I'd like to see enhanced: I know this isn't anybody's full time job, so it's hard to be demanding! A gopher hole day at basketball practice would be outstanding! Regular links to recruiting information is great too.

Additional Comments: Keep the Faith!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom