Gopher Wins in Conference

How many conference wins will the Gophers have prior to the conference tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is zero wins currently the most likely scenario at 10%?

Including all combinations of wins/losses (65,536 combos), likelihood of ......
0 wins is about 10.0%
1 win is about 25.5%
2 wins is about 29.7%
3 wins is about 20.8%
4 wins is about 9.8%
5 or more wins is about 4.2%

Including all combinations of wins/losses (65,536 combos), likelihood of ......
0 wins is about 10.0%
1 win is about 25.5%
2 wins is about 29.7%
3 wins is about 20.8%
4 wins is about 9.8%
5 or more wins is about 4.2%
Sliced another way, better than a 1 in 3 chance of three or more wins. Let's go!

Is zero wins currently the most likely scenario at 10%?

To answer your question another way.......

For any single combination of outcomes, yes, zero wins is the most likely scenario at 10.0%
Beating Penn State at home, but losing the other 15 games is second most likely at 4.3%
Beating Wisconsin at home, but losing the other 15 games is third most likely at 3.3%
Beating Maryland at home, but losing the other 15 games is fourth most likely at 3.1%

Nowhere to go but up guys, we're comin'!
When the Vikings fired Les Steckel after only one season, Mike Lynn remarked that the team had become the brunt of jokes in the community. I wish the Gophers were relevant enough to be the brunt of jokes in the community!

When the Vikings fired Les Steckel after only one season, Mike Lynn remarked that the team had become the brunt of jokes in the community. I wish the Gophers were relevant enough to be the brunt of jokes in the community!

Well, truthfully, you found the right place here at GopherHole.

I said 6 in another thread with 2 wins in the conference tournament.

So 1 done and 5 to go

I said 6 in another thread with 2 wins in the conference tournament.

So 1 done and 5 to go
Considering how they've been playing, this team wasn't going to be kept out of the win column. It was a shame it didn't happen against Nebraska, but this was particularly sweet as a first conference win.

Considering how they've been playing, this team wasn't going to be kept out of the win column. It was a shame it didn't happen against Nebraska, but this was particularly sweet as a first conference win

Wonder when our last win there was?

I never got to vote. Didn’t see it.
As this was done on dec 28 I think I would’ve voted 3
If we voted on Wednesday I would’ve voted 1 or maybe 2 depending on the moment.

I think now I am going to say 3 again.

Wonder when our last win there was?
Our last win was not that long ago relatively speaking. Won in Columbus in Jan 2020 and did not return for two years (a Jan 2022 loss). However, prior to 2020, the Gophers last BB win at OSU was in Jan 2005.

Update with 10 games to go and current ESPN analytics.

Expected number of wins remaining = 1.506
Most likely combination of wins/losses = All losses at 18.471% chance
Next most likely scenario is a win against Wisconsin at home with losses in other 9 games at 7.435%
Next likely scenario is a win against Pens State at home with losses in other 9 games at 7.077%
How about winning all remaining games = 0.000000055%

Ever the optimist, I picked 4 wins.

I think Wet Blanket could have gotten four in this down B1G year.

I would like to think we would not go winless at home this year in the Big Ten. I doubt that has ever happened before here...... Can we please get to two wins?? Is that asking too much?

Now that Wisconsin has Wahl back, they'll be a tough out the rest of the way.

@GopherWeatherGuy

I inverted a 6 with a 9, I apologize for my crimes against anonymous college chat board super duper posters, such as yourself, our Oracle.

May I kiss your ring please?

giphy.gif

I would like to think we would not go winless at home this year in the Big Ten. I doubt that has ever happened before here...... Can we please get to two wins?? Is that asking too much?

Let this sink in for just a minute...

Two years ago, the year Little Richard was fired, he went 13-4 overall at home and had the Gophers ranked for 5 consecutive weeks in the earlier part of the season.

And now look at what we have.... lucky us....

Two years ago, the year Little Richard was fired, he went 13-4 overall at home and had the Gophers ranked for 5 consecutive weeks in the earlier part of the season.

Ken Pom - 299th offensive rating 138th in ferociousness on defense

Positives:
Gritty
Rising in wingspan
Ben is building this thing brick by brick
We get a PG in 2024 because the 2023 portal is tough on bad teams
2025 Natty

I have many posts screaming to fire Pitino. Sometimes the devil you know……

Top Bottom