Gopher Wins in Conference

How many conference wins will the Gophers have prior to the conference tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ken Pom - 299th offensive rating 138th in ferociousness on defense

Positives:
Gritty
Rising in wingspan
Ben is building this thing brick by brick
We get a PG in 2024 because the 2023 portal is tough on bad teams
2025 Natty
138 but up 50 spots or so. Growth.

If the OSU win had not occurred we would be heading into BenNW territory. The story line would be luscious.

If the OSU win had not occurred we would be heading into BenNW territory. The story line would be luscious.
In any case, I assume he transferred to Minnesota because he couldn't stand all the losing. Now he'll be in a position of having to convince his players not to transfer out to escape all the losing.

"Two wins" is the winner. Also happened to the most popular guess.

Congrats to the 18 that hit the prediction.

Someone unironically voted for 9 wins. I'm guessing they haven't posted in awhile 🙂

They've moved on to posting about how great it is that we recruited a top-15 player (that won't be playing for us).
That was actually me, not Pilgrim, who let it all hang out. @GopherBlood666

My Gosh, how will I ever get over embarrassing myself on an anonymous chat board with other middle age, semi-losers (?) - oh the humidity of it all.

That was actually me, not Pilgrim, who let it all hang out. @GopherBlood666

My Gosh, how will I ever get over embarrassing myself on an anonymous chat board with other middle age, semi-losers (?) - oh the humidity of it all.
I thought I was being optimistic at 3 wins yet you tripled that, holy cow I need some of that hopium you guys and gals are huffing on the streets of NYC. Calling yourself a semi-loser is a weird response though. People of all backgrounds come together to talk sports, that is part of what makes them great. I didn't call you any names, just found it funny someone would go out on a limb like that when all logic would suggest otherwise. No ill-will towards you personally for greatly over-estimating the success of this years team. Trust me, I'd rather you be right in this case. I'll take being proven wrong about the Gophers any day if it means they are winning.

I really wish I'd been wrong and we'd won more than two, especially last night's against the drunks from the east. I think it would have been more without the injuries, but injuries do happen; it's part of the standard deviation from the mean.

Here's what steams my cachongas. If you would have told me six months ago that the Badgers were going to have a bad year and finish 12th, and knowing that the Gophers had Garcia coming in, had recruited Mr. Basketball Minnesota, and had preseason all-conference Jamison Battle returning, I'd have bet my house that we'd finally finish ahead of those turds in the conference standings. This has just been so awful.

Last edited:

I thought I was being optimistic at 3 wins yet you tripled that, holy cow I need some of that hopium you guys and gals are huffing on the streets of NYC.
Right now I’m enjoying Happy Hour at a place that advertises, “cheap azz drinks,” buy one get one free of anything, even top shelf or in my case medium shelf, Jack/cokes with free popcorn and now chasing the corn with bourbon soaked Peeps 2 for $3 at Rite aid.
I was just regaling my barmates with this bon mot -
The guy who started Peeps, aka Mr. Peeps recently passed -

Also, I was sober when I made my prediction.

Calling yourself a semi-loser is a weird response though.
In my defense, there was an❓ and not an ❗️. Thanks For voting for the former and not the latter 😃
People of all backgrounds come together to talk sports, that is part of what makes them great. I didn't call you any names, just found it funny someone would go out on a limb like that when all logic would suggest otherwise. No ill-will towards you personally for greatly over-estimating the success of this years team. Trust me, I'd rather you be right in this case. I'll take being proven wrong about the Gophers any day if it means they are winning.
Cheers and Go Gophers

Last edited:

Top Bottom