Gopher Watch: The 2022 NFL Draft!

First Gopher drafted by the Vikings since 2010

Esezi Otomewo is a Viking! 5th Round, Pick No. 22 (165 overall).

Gophers were third in total defense last year. Teams had to have noticed. Gibbens and Durr should definitely have their names called too. Pickney was awfully splashy at times too.

Gophers were third in total defense last year. Teams had to have noticed. Gibbens and Durr should definitely have their names called too. Pickney was awfully splashy at times too.
These guys are going to be valuable as draftees or UDFAs.

Esezi Otomewo is a Viking! 5th Round, Pick No. 22 (165 overall).
Confession time, everyone. I had season tickets for most of the TCF era, have watched every possible televised game since the 80s, and think I follow the team pretty closely. I've got a lot of posts here over a lot of years.

I had no idea he was on our team, let alone a draftable player. Congrats, and SKOL!

Kieft goes 218 to the Bucs. They love the Gophers.
I’m calling it now…watch the schedule…Baltimore at Tampa Bay Gopher reunion…it’s a 2022 matchup date TBD. I’ll host a party, for real, since I live here now. Let’s hope it’s not the Bucs Germany game.

I’m calling it now…watch the schedule…Baltimore at Tampa Bay Gopher reunion…it’s a 2022 matchup date TBD. I’ll host a party, for real, since I live here now. Let’s hope it’s not the Bucs Germany game.
Just wait until Tanner Morgan takes over for Tom Brady in 2023

As a former red head, he is one of my favorites. I know he has the work ethic to kill it at the next level. Good for you kid. Go get it!!!

Come on Tampa Bay, pick Blaise Andries with your last pick!

Are the Gophers becoming an NFL factory? I can get used to these many Gophers getting drafted every year!

Are the Gophers becoming an NFL factory? I can get used to these many Gophers getting drafted every year!
Georgia had 5 defenders drafted in the first round. That’s an NFL factory. Alabama has had a 1st round pick for 14 straight drafts. That’s an nfl factory. The gophers are doing what P5 teams should do. The program just produced so few pros for so long that this seems like a huge amount.

I suppose we can pull up the thread with all the doubters who thought Kieft would NEVER be drafted, but that same thread contains those of us who insisted Andries would ABSOLUTELY be drafted.

SEC (34) and BIG (21) had over half of the top three round pics. Gophers had 1 pick.

Big Ten (21)​

• Ohio State — 4
  • Michigan — 3
  • Penn State — 3
  • Purdue — 2
  • Wisconsin — 2
  • Nebraska — 2
  • Iowa — 1
  • Michigan State — 1
  • Minnesota — 1
  • Illinois — 1
  • Maryland 1

SEC (34) and BIG (21) had over half of the top three round pics. Gophers had 1 pick.

Big Ten (21)​

• Ohio State — 4
  • Michigan — 3
  • Penn State — 3
  • Purdue — 2
  • Wisconsin — 2
  • Nebraska — 2
  • Iowa — 1
  • Michigan State — 1
  • Minnesota — 1
  • Illinois — 1
  • Maryland 1
Okay, I heard loud and clear. Let's call it a mini-factory that is only growing.

Top Bottom