Gopher Watch: The 2022 NFL Draft!

Could see Gibbens and Andries sticking for a couple years if not more. Expanded practice squad may help them both.

Stunned Kieft got drafted. But happy for him. Seemed like the UDFA type who makes a team and sticks for a decade on special teams or something. Hopefully Tampa is his home for a while.

As a former red head, he is one of my favorites. I know he has the work ethic to kill it at the next level. Good for you kid. Go get it!!!
I think Ko is going to not only surprise a lot of people but he will be in the league a looooooong time

If I had a computer I’d see what those 14 were ranked out of high school but I’m mobile

The funny thing is that class was led by Justin Fields who was drafted as a Buckeye, but it was the #1 class in the country.

Jordan Davis, the freak DT drafted by the Eagles was actually one of their lowest rated players, as a high 3*.

Texas had 0 players taken in the draft…
horns-down-david-sills.gif

Any Nyles Pinckney news?

With the average NFL career lasting only 3.3 years, I hope that Gopher players take full advantage of the opportunity once they make the team manage their finances wisely.

They have to realize the reality that a Pro Football career is a short stint for most and that a college degree opens doors for them for the rest of their lives. I hope that PJ Fleck and the staff are educating players about managing their money wisely.

Seventy-eight percent of pro football players go broke within three years after their playing days are over.

I think Ko is going to not only surprise a lot of people but he will be in the league a looooooong time

He's a bulldozer. The Gophers dominant running game was more than just talented running backs and experienced o-lineman. Kieft was hammering fools to help open up those lanes.

Pretty clear that the Ravens scouting staff did a more in depth analysis than the farm factory equivalent sports website (ESPN).

Last edited:

Seth Green UDFA to Houston Texans.
He does have one useful skill that was better than anyone else when he was here. He could be useful as a situational short yardage player and special teamer. Marqueis Gray carved out a nice career as an athletic dude who was willing to do the grunt work.

The Athletic seems to love the Vikes pick:

"Cine is a tough, physical safety who plays with tremendous energy. He committed just one penalty all of last season, per Brugler. He tested as a top-three athlete among this year’s safety class. And Cine didn’t miss a game in the past three seasons.

I love what Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah did here. He read the market well, picked up additional draft capital and got one of my favorite defensive players in this year’s draft."

And it looks like the Vikings got him at a discount

(apologies if this was already mentioned ... also I can't see the embedded tweets in Firefox incognito mode -- have to use that now to avoid the godawful ad situation of GH)

Saw this yesterday and thought it was crazy:

- in 2022 the Gophers had four more players drafted than Texas
- in 2022 the Gophers had four players drafted.

Top Bottom