Gopher Football and Epilepsy Foundation giving away tickets this weekend!

Gopherocious

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Link is now posted for FREE Gopher Football tickets to the 9/21 game. Let's show our support for Coach Kill! <a href="http://t.co/VKxpTKJNR3">http://t.co/VKxpTKJNR3</a></p>— Epilepsy Foundation (@EpilepsyMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/EpilepsyMN/statuses/380036818399268864">September 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Agreed. These truly are free tickets. I would highly suggest that if you know someone or multiple people who are Gopher fans but they haven't had the personal means to be able to attend games on their own (but would like to) that you grab some of these limited free tickets for them and ask them to attend the game with you, tailgate, etc.

Please only procure these free tickets if you, or someone you know truly plans to attend the game and be there in person rooting on our Gophers. These are tickets being supplied for free in support of Epilepsy research and to further advance public awareness and understanding of the disease. Do the honorable thing.

So please DO NOT pull a giant dickhead, dirt bag move and grab some of these tickets simply just to resell/scalp them. My guess is that the MAN upstairs and good old karma will be very upset with you if you do. Imo, you are no better than the slime ball Souhan if you pull that stunt.

I grabbed some to bring some friends that don't normally attend games. Agreed, please don't scalp these. Nobody can be that heartless can they?

I grabbed some to bring some friends that don't normally attend games. Agreed, please don't scalp these. Nobody can be that heartless can they?

I will quote Gopher Warrior for your answer: Naive!

Cool move. I hope they do this for the Iowa game too.

awesome gesture showing support for Coach Kill. Fellow GHers, rock the house in my absence this Saturday!!

looks like these might be all gone. happy to see and hope most who scooped them up will actually be at the game rooting on OUR Gophers and didn't "steal" them from real fans just to scalp them on the secondary market.

looks like these might be all gone. happy to see and hope most who scooped them up will actually be at the game rooting on OUR Gophers and didn't "steal" them from real fans just to scalp them on the secondary market.

I just went in and there will still some available. Hopefully we can gain some new fans this weekend! I let a few people know and have 6-8 people who don't normally go to games joining in on the fun!!

Good way to get some extra people out to the game.

They did it last year - there were two or three games that were made available for only $10 and another game (I think it was New Hampshire) that was given away free.

Lots of good tix available (looked 30 mins ago). Lower bowl, first row, on the aisle for free? That'll work.

I grabbed four so my son can bring at least a couple of buddies with him to the game. The more the merrier!

Go Gophers!

I just went in and there will still some available. Hopefully we can gain some new fans this weekend! I let a few people know and have 6-8 people who don't normally go to games joining in on the fun!!

you are correct. when i looked i may have entered some info incorrectly and that is why i was getting the message i was. hope i didn't scare anyone off that was thinking of grabbing some tix and thought they were out due to my earlier message. please disregard it and go check to see if there are still some available.

Great idea. What better way to show the coach some support than by packing the house?

Free tickets to SJSU game via Epilepsy Foundation of MN

They are also urging people to take action:
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP US ADVOCATE FOR PEOPLE WITH EPILEPSY:

1. Claim your FREE tickets to the Saturday, 9/21 Gopher game and show your support for Coach Kill by filling the stands!

2. If you or someone you know wants to learn more about epilepsy, attend our fall conference on November 2 or an upcoming Seizure Smart Community Workshop to get the facts.

3. Thank Norwood Teague, the U of MN's Athletic Director, for supporting Coach Kill and sending a message to media [and our community] that seizures don't define anyone. Email your thank you to: [email protected].

4. Send a letter to Jim Souhan's editor ([email protected]) and tell her why people with epilepsy will not let seizures stop us.

5. Share this page on your social media spaces and encourage everyone you know to help us address Jim Souhan's misinformed article, THANK Norwood Teague for his support and fill TCF Bank Stadium this Saturday to support Coach Kill!

Did anybody choose the will-call option? Somebody I know told me he did. I remember using will call for a game two years ago at TCF and it was a nightmare. Does anybody know if the will call situation has improved or should he just grab 4 more and print them out and not even attempt to deal with what could be a 30 minute wait in line at will call? Thanks.

Did anybody choose the will-call option? Somebody I know told me he did. I remember using will call for a game two years ago at TCF and it was a nightmare. Does anybody know if the will call situation has improved or should he just grab 4 more and print them out and not even attempt to deal with what could be a 30 minute wait in line at will call? Thanks.

I believe there is a $5 fee for the will call option. There is no charge for using the Print at Home/Library/Work/Friends option. I think you can figure out which way to go.

I grabbed some tickets and am giving them out to the youth football team I coach. A great opportunity to create new Gopher fans.

I grabbed 7. I'm taking my two young daughters to their second game (took the other daughter to her second game last week) & got my friend 4 so he can take his wife & two kids as well. This will be their first time in TCF stadium. My friend is a huge pro sports fan but I just can't get him interested in the Gophers, maybe this will do the trick? I also posted it on Facebook & had a friend say he picked up tix for he & his kids.

I won't be able to be there since I live in California, but I got my sister to pick up 2 tickets. Posted the link on my FaceBook and so far 3 more tickets picked up. There are 5 more people that wouldn't have been at the gam before this. Thanks Epilepsy Foundation and Go Get em Coach Kill!!

I saw someone post this on Facebook yesterday, but unfortunately I was too late and there were none left :(

@bruster: Try going through the regular ticket page and buying tickets for the game, but before you select your seats type "efmn" in the discount code box in the upper right. Then look at section 223. There are still a few dozen seats there that you can get for free.

I wasn't able to get it to work. it says no seats available. Am I doing something wrong?

I wasn't able to get it to work. it says no seats available. Am I doing something wrong?

They may simply be out of tix, but certainly don't have any first hand knowledge of whether or not that is true. Either way, I would keep trying a few more times this after and see if any tix free/open up.

Did you get this message? "No seats were found that match your criteria. Modify your search or select a different performance." If so, that would lead me to believe that they may now be "sold out" of the EFMN tickets allotment.

Top Bottom