Gopher 22-23 Transfer Portal Needs/Watch List

I understand. Good point.

Want to see passion? Watch those videos of Mara Braun going toe to toe with Paige Buekers. Coming to the NCAA soon.
I'm anticipating watching it on the court this November

I understand. Good point.

Want to see passion? Watch those videos of Mara Braun going toe to toe with Paige Buekers. Coming to the NCAA soon.
Correction: Mara Braun as a high school sophomore going toe to toe with Buekkers as a two year older senior.

I can't wait for the rematch in another title game: Braun a sophomore in college versus Bueckers as a senior.

Except this time Braun will have a big time supporting cast.

Coming to prime time TV soon. Mara Braun is the real deal.

Correction: Mara Braun as a high school sophomore going toe to toe with Buekkers as a two year older senior.

I can't wait for the rematch in another title game: Braun a sophomore in college versus Bueckers as a senior.

Except this time Braun will have a big time supporting cast.

Coming to prime time TV soon. Mara Braun is the real deal.
Like your optimism and hope you are right.

what does this have to do with portal needs or the gophers in general?
Iowa displayed very poor sportsmanship against Minnesota at the Barn this last season. That's how it relates. Because of that unseemly behavior at the Barn by Iowa, karma boomeranged back at Iowa. We are now in the offseason, a very long one for classless chokers Iowa. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Iowa displayed very poor sportsmanship against Minnesota at the Barn this last season. That's how it relates. Because of that unseemly behavior at the Barn by Iowa, karma boomeranged back at Iowa. We are now in the offseason, a very long one for classless chokers Iowa. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
but how Iowa acts has NOTHING to do with this topic... portal needs/ watch list.. ZERO..

this THREAD is about the Gophers transfer Portal needs/ watch list.. has NOTHING to do with Iowa.. nothing..

this THREAD is about the Gophers transfer Portal needs/ watch list.. has NOTHING to do with Iowa.. nothing..
I understand. Thanks. This thread lists transfer news for various teams.

Since Iowa's roster is full and they have no room for any transfers, it's a long and quiet offseason for classless chokers Iowa. In fact, Iowa turned away two super seniors because those two spots need to go to two freshman coming in. Zero transfers makes for a quiet and long offseason. That's the story for Iowa.

Since Iowa's roster is full and they have no room for any transfers, it's a long and quiet offseason for classless chokers Iowa. In fact, Iowa turned away two super seniors because those two spots need to go to two freshman coming in. Zero transfers makes for a quiet and long offseason. That's the story for Iowa.

no it doesn't that is a different thread..

this is truly just about the Gophers transfer portal needs and want list..

hence the THREAD name.. Gopher 22-23 Transfer Portal Needs/ Watch List..

As the one who started this tread, it truly was meant to track GOPHER portal options. Not take the conversation wayyyyyyy off the rails at every turn.

Speaking of Gopher portal options....I sure wish we would get somebody soon. Impatience is my middle name :)
hahah I AGREE with this..

I truly thought by now we'd have 2-4 kids from the portal..

it kind sucks seeing all these other teams getting a kid a day or something.. and just waiting here

After seeing Jeanae Terry announce her withdrawal from portal for Purdue, are there any uncommitted players that are still in the portal from MN that we would gladly take back? (sort of fits this thread).

After seeing Jeanae Terry announce her withdrawal from portal for Purdue, are there any uncommitted players that are still in the portal from MN that we would gladly take back? (sort of fits this thread).
I think the only player that has not announced a new school is Kadi.

I think the only player that has not announced a new school is Kadi.
F Kadi Sissoko would be nice to keep. She will be a senior, which is perfect for the freshman and sophomore forwards coming up. She's versatile between power forward and small forward. She was a starter-quality player.

Not sure why F Kayla Mershon left. She's from Minnesota. It's not like she has a gig at Uconn lined up. That departure is a bit troubling. I don't think she's landed with a new team. I would hope she could come back too. She had her struggles -- unclear why -- but provided minutes in relief.

The point guards were smart to move on. The future belongs to the more-recent point guard(s) on the team. Amaya Battle with elite point guard skills from Hopkins will soon be an upgrade quarterback at point guard, and Borowicz is a talent too.

And then Mara Braun is moving into Scalia's shooting guard spot. Braun's skills are closer to Paige Bueckers than Scalia.

F Kadi Sissoko would be nice to keep. She will be a senior, which is perfect for the freshman and sophomore forwards coming up. She's versatile between power forward and small forward. She was a starter-quality player.

Not sure why F Kayla Mershon left. She's from Minnesota. It's not like she has a gig at Uconn lined up. That departure is a bit troubling. I don't think she's landed with a new team. I would hope she could come back too. She had her struggles -- unclear why -- but provided minutes in relief.

The point guards were smart to move on. The future belongs to the more-recent point guard(s) on the team. Amaya Battle with elite point guard skills from Hopkins will soon be an upgrade quarterback at point guard, and Borowicz is a talent too.

And then Mara Braun is moving into Scalia's shooting guard spot. Braun's skills are closer to Paige Bueckers than Scalia.
Would also be nice to see someone (or a couple of someone's) who has shown that they can be an athletic, willing and determined defender at the D-1 level. IMO, it seemed like that facet of Gophers basketball was pretty rare and very inconsistent last season.

Having said that, I'm very enthused about the incoming freshman class. They'll likely have some growing pains and a steep learning curve, but those players and the return of Borowicz gives me hope.

Kayla graduated.. so she didn't just leave..

Kayla graduated.. so she didn't just leave..
Thank you for clarifying that.

I therefore need to apologize for suggesting "a bit troubling." My bad. I thought she had super senior year available but you are right she did not leave and not counted as a loss. My apology for suggesting something to be worried about.

Anyway, Sissoko would be the one to hopefully come back despite the defense issues and turnovers.

Would also be nice to see someone (or a couple of someone's) who has shown that they can be an athletic, willing and determined defender at the D-1 level. IMO, it seemed like that facet of Gophers basketball was pretty rare and very inconsistent last season.

Having said that, I'm very enthused about the incoming freshman class. They'll likely have some growing pains and a steep learning curve, but those players and the return of Borowicz gives me hope.
I agree with you. I think they really need transfers that are willing to take on that leadership role on and off the court. I haven't seen her play and I know she has had a fair amount of injuries but I am intrigued by Abby Prohaska from Notre Dame.

I agree with you. I think they really need transfers that are willing to take on that leadership role on and off the court. I haven't seen her play and I know she has had a fair amount of injuries but I am intrigued by Abby Prohaska from Notre Dame.
Prohaska brings enthusiasm.

She has two years of eligibility. Would there be enough minutes to go around a year from now?

Thank you for clarifying that.

I therefore need to apologize for suggesting "a bit troubling." My bad. I thought she had super senior year available but you are right she did not leave and not counted as a loss. My apology for suggesting something to be worried about.

Anyway, Sissoko would be the one to hopefully come back despite the defense issues and turnovers.
I am guessing Kayla is ready to be done with BB since she graduated and wasn't getting a lot of minutes but it is certainly possible she might decide to comeback. She could decide to come back anytime between now and the next school year. I hope she decides she would like an additional degree and contribute to the team next year too. She looked to be a good teammate and would make the team better even without a lot of minutes.

With only eight bodies (including next years freshmen) currently on the squad, minutes to go around is the least of our worries.

Yes. I understand from MN's viewpoint.

From the view of a guard prospect wanting to start, is MN an opportunity to avoid for a period longer than one season?

Someone willing to be the fifth (wo)man or signicant minutes is ideal.

With only eight bodies (including next years freshmen) currently on the squad, minutes to go around is the least of our worries.

Over the last six months, one factor causing players to leave surely was the constant hyping of the new recruits coming in.

Point guards Powell and Smith would see relentlessly on Facebook and Twitter: point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya.

I liked the hype because it's a bright future. But to prospects maybe it's a situation to avoid.

Over the last six months, one factor causing players to leave surely was the constant hyping of the new recruits coming in.

Point guards Powell and Smith would see relentlessly on Facebook and Twitter: point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya.

I liked the hype because it's a bright future. But to prospects maybe it's a situation to avoid.
or recruits might want to come PLAY with the incoming freshman.. and be apart of a new era..

to me a very odd choice for her..

they have 9 guards coming back.. including their top 4.
Definitely an interesting choice, Ive heard Iowa is/was after Prohaska as well. But believe this move puts them at 15 players. Makes me wonder if they just arent very high on some of their younger players.

Definitely an interesting choice, Ive heard Iowa is/was after Prohaska as well. But believe this move puts them at 15 players. Makes me wonder if they just arent very high on some of their younger players.
Hmm, there is still time for some of those younger players to hit the portal...but they have act quickly.

Agree with the hype. Their pinned tweet on Twitter is of 4 players who aren’t even on campus yet.

they have so many guards now.. including 2 freshman they have coming in.. interesting choice for Molly.

Top Bottom